Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Thank God a Melanie fan told me and not someone who listens to something that is actually worthwhile 

Ahahaha you're so funny

giphy.gif

eh not really there were many forced songs on that record and they were the ones trying to be classic lana records like white mustang,groupie love etc. The political ones actually showed growth and she seemed passionate about the subject matter even if she was/is very uneducated on the subject you could hear her passion for it which is more than I can say for most of the album.

I just feel like if she wants to make a good statement she needs to go in depth and do her research, instead of just singing about stuff she’s somewhat heard about. The only approvable political song is WTWWAWWKD

oh wow look how cool i am i know everything about indie music and psychodelic rock and thats why i think venice bitch is shit and everyone who likes it are a bunch of uncultured swines PuERKhw.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I just feel like if she wants to make a good statement she needs to go in depth and do her research, instead of just singing about stuff she’s somewhat heard about. The only approvable political song is WTWWAWWKD

I can respect that

She doesn't seem to understand that u can be political without sounding like a concerned mom who has a monthly subscription to buzzfeed

The Future (song not album) by Leonard Cohen would be a good starting point for her regarding human condition since she seems to like drawing from him so often

It is so strange that someone who has Nina Simone, a very political artist in her heyday, tattooed on her chest but seems to have no idea how to depict her own political thoughts into a song. That just tells me that it is too unnatural for her and she is not well versed on things she preaches regarding that in general

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

The level of pretentiousness in this thread lmao why don't y'all let people like what they like and go back to your obscure underground low-fi bohemian acoustic experimental surf rock barroque pop acappela shit or whataver 

tumblr_inline_mg69j65gye1qdk17p.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

oh wow look how cool i am i know everything about indie music and psychodelic rock and thats why i think venice bitch is shit and everyone who likes it are a bunch of uncultured swines PuERKhw.gif

If u like it then that doesn't make u any less or any more "educated" on a particular genre than someone else

Funnily @@bummersummer or whatever their name is tried that card with me, assuming I hate psychedelic music just because I think Venice Pig sucks, but that wasn't pointed out.

The level of pretentiousness in this thread lmao why don't y'all let people like what they like and go back to your obscure underground low-fi bohemian acoustic experimental surf rock barroque pop acappela shit or whataver 

tumblr_inline_mg69j65gye1qdk17p.gif

i love you

giphy.gif

Hi I hate to further the Venice Bitch debate with more dribble but here goes! I think what's throwing a lot of people off is Lana's minimalism with her production. Even though it may seem like a lot is going on (synths, "psychedlic" guitars, repetition of stream of conciousness-esque lyrics) compared to lets say the polished nature of Born to Die, Paradise, Young & Beautiful era this really is more simplistic. In fact I think that's what's thrown alot of people off with this era in general: the simplicity. However, Lana has talked in interviews about how she wanted this to be more of a stripped down era (little to no promotion aside from instagram posts, "low quality" music videos shot by Chuck, hiadt single cover, etc). We've had big budget quality from Lana (High by the Beach video anyone?). Maybe its time to embrace and accept this era for what it is, even if its different, uncomfortable, or a "change" for some of us (change is a powerful thing bitches!). Once again I would hope that lana's change of promotional and aesthetic direction isnt what's rubbing anyone the wrong way. I think what's pissing people off is how authoritatively she has talked about NFR, like she really has a grasp on the era, when everything that's happened since Hiadt (esp Ben's IG tirade & insta baddie lifestyle) has proven otherwise. Circling back around to VB though, the "cheesy" lyrics that piss some ppl off? Lets not forget that Lana has been satirizing and poking fun at herself since Brooklyn baby. Venice Bitch is Brooklyn Baby's younger sister ladies, let's appreciate her, love her, and accept her for who she is. End of diatribe.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Also it just seemed more like a caricature of herself more than anything

It's weird cause I feel like she's more of a caricature now than ever before. The whole baddie shit for starters, I mean her image in general. Though I do prefer her being more laidback than the whole "I feel like only me and Barrie understand music on a deep level" spiel she went on a few years ago during an interview.

Then, lyrics like "shaking my azzzz" "two cats in da yard" "it's me ya little venice bitch, ice cweam, ice queen" which are just laughable to say the least. 

Hi I hate to further the Venice Bitch debate with more dribble but here goes! I think what's throwing a lot of people off is Lana's minimalism with her production. Even though it may seem like a lot is going on (synths, "psychedlic" guitars, repetition of stream of conciousness-esque lyrics) compared to lets say the polished nature of Born to Die, Paradise, Young & Beautiful era this really is more simplistic. In fact I think that's what's thrown alot of people off with this era in general: the simplicity. However, Lana has talked in interviews about how she wanted this to be more of a stripped down era (little to no promotion aside from instagram posts, "low quality" music videos shot by Chuck, hiadt single cover, etc). We've had big budget quality from Lana (High by the Beach video anyone?). Maybe its time to embrace and accept this era for what it is, even if its different, uncomfortable, or a "change" for some of us (change is a powerful thing bitches!). Once again I would hope that lana's change of promotional and aesthetic direction isnt what's rubbing anyone the wrong way. I think what's pissing people off is how authoritatively she has talked about NFR, like she really has a grasp on the era, when everything that's happened since Hiadt (esp Ben's IG tirade & insta baddie lifestyle) has proven otherwise. Circling back around to VB though, the "cheesy" lyrics that piss some ppl off? Lets not forget that Lana has been satirizing and poking fun at herself since Brooklyn baby. Venice Beach is Brookyln Baby's younger sister ladies, let's appreciate her, love her, and accept her for who she is. End of diatribe.

Simplicity can be nice in some cases but Lana literally admitted she is too lazy to simply reshoot NFR's album cover. That isn't simplistic that's just being a sloth & since she is so "indulged" in politics you'd think she'd take note of just how privileged that type of laziness is