Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

another thing that makes me sad. like, is this what we're still doing? come on girl :um:

guess we should just hope she falls in love with someone interesting again

I agree 100%. Often, ‘authentic’ and ‘natural’ in real life is a lot sexier than photo ‘fantasy’ shoots and airbrushing. Casual doesn’t have to mean homely, sloppy, plain, unattractive, etc.

There were many times between 2012 and 2014 were she looked casual—as on the UV cover—and still looked terrific.

She said in an interview that she thinks it's wrong to try and look extremely beautiful. And when she sang "if I get a little prettier can I be your baby" live she added "fuck that". Also dyed her hair darker to be taken more seriously. "We are ugly but we have the music". I do think she either doesn't really care that much about appearance anymore or wants to make a clear statement that it is all about her art. And the fact that she takes "unflattering selfies"... she's never had a great sense of aesthetics, there are some bad pictures (bad hair, outfits) from even her Lizzy Grant days (it's a silly topic, but it's unfair to say it's a sign of an underlying problem).

*sigh* please stay on topic guys. You can create new threads for discussion not pertaining to NFR, or use the Random Lana Discussion thread.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Chuck posted about boycotting the Beverly Hills hotel a while back.

Yeah I saw that comment too. #baddielyfe4eva

If Elizabeth goes to the Beverly Hills Hotel - I'll forgive the previous time because nobody was aware - then I reserve the right to unstan. I know she's prone to gaffes but there's no way she doesn't know about it, if Chuck knows.

I mean, she can't drag Kanye for supporting Trump (and cite his mistreatment of women) but then support a hotel whose owner would happily stone at least 50% of her fan base to death if they ever set foot in his country.

I don't recall ever seeing Chuck with Elizabeth and those bitches. Am I mistaken?

Anyway ... this period between now and the 20th really sucks, because you know nothing else (especially NFR-related) is going to happen in the meantime.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

okay to swing this all back to NFR - 

i, for one, am a huge fan of Tomboy Lana.  clock my profile pic.  i am a huge fan of her saying "i'm your man" in MAC and using the lesbian pronouns in Doin' Time.  i like that she's changing her look.  that's her prerogative.

HOWEVER - i am NOT a fan of this dumb bitch going to Hillsong, the Brunei owned hotels, or hanging with these basic af matcha saddies. 

it's like. on the one hand she's getting more queer, with various aspects of NFR songs. on the other, shes a homophobic asshole.

If Elizabeth goes to the Beverly Hills Hotel - I'll forgive the previous time because nobody was aware - then I reserve the right to unstan. I know she's prone to gaffes but there's no way she doesn't know about it, if Chuck knows.

I mean, she can't drag Kanye for supporting Trump (and cite his mistreatment of women) but then support a hotel whose owner would happily stone at least 50% of her fan base to death if they ever set foot in his country.

I don't recall ever seeing Chuck with Elizabeth and those bitches. Am I mistaken?

Anyway ... this period between now and the 20th really sucks, because you know nothing else (especially NFR-related) is going to happen in the meantime.

I literally hit post before I saw your post ... I feel that warning point is unwarranted. And then when I saw your post, I edited it to steer back to NFR.

I mean, I don't understand this warning point thing at all ... how many warning points are too many? All of this does pertain to NFR in the sense that it's talking about new behaviour which explains why she hasn't released the damn thing, and to me it's just killing a deeper discussion.

But okay.

Respectfully to all, I see it as related due to the uncharacteristic photos of herself she’s used since September for MAC and ‘Hope,’ and due to the ‘I’m not that’ line in ‘Hope,’ referring to the dressed-to-the-nines debutants. Aren’t these parts of NFR, and directly connected?

Respectfully to all, I see it as related due to the uncharacteristic photos of herself she’s used since September for MAC and ‘Hope,’ and due to the ‘I’m not that’ line in ‘Hope,’ referring to the dressed-to-the-nines debutants. Aren’t these parts of NFR, and connected?

I thought so. Like Vertimus, I mean no disrespect, but it's a bit confusing, especially for newer members like myself. I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to derail this thread, it was just the natural progression of the discussion. ETA: Never mind, the admin was kind enough to explain it to me in PM so all good, all good.

Anyway, we're definitely not getting anything NFR-related between now and the 20th, so maybe we should lock this thread down like a tangerine penitentiary.

I thought so. Like Vertimus, I mean no disrespect, but it's a bit confusing, especially for newer members like myself. I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to derail this thread, it was just the natural progression of the discussion.

Anyway, we're definitely not getting anything NFR-related between now and the 20th, so maybe we should lock this thread down like a tangerine penitentiary.

Thanks. I don’t think everyone must love every photo or every decision she makes; we’re not in a cult. That would be like saying we all MUST love MAC, VB, or ‘Hope,’ or all of the snippets.

I personally don’t like the direction we’ve found HIAB goes in, with the jerk/taxi stuff, and I don’t care at all, right now, for HTD. Maybe the full studio version will grab me.

it's elazybeth

Here's the thing though, we've seen her without makeup before. We've seen her dressed casually before. And I think most of us didn't really care or have anything to say about that. No think pieces, no essays, no nothing. I don't remember seeing anyone worrying about her mental health because she left her fake lashes at home, or wore jeans with a plain t shirt instead of a gold lame dress to go grocery shopping. A change in one's appearance alone doesn't have to mean anything. But there's a lot more than that going on, and if you consider all these things, you can't blame people for their reactions. She doesn't look free, she looks lost. She doesn't look confident, she looks like she's given up on life. Her empty smiles mean nothing to me. I'm suicidal and I smile all the time. Brief moments of joy captured in film mean nothing. When I look at her I don't see a strong, mature woman who gives 0 fucks and is living her best life without a care in the world -without having to worry about her lipstick smudging or her eyeliner flaking. I see an aimless, dejected little girl. She has lost her drive, and it shows. Her actions show that, as does her lack of action. Her choices, professionally and creatively. I would be right there agreeing with you if nothing else was amiss. But everything's changed, and we're not shallow for acknowledging that. Examining something on its own is different to examining it as part of a bigger picture. There is a bigger picture here.

I legit couldnt give two shits if she wore a paper sack and smeared mud on her face. As long as I got Cinnamon and In Your Car!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

same pretty much. i love aesthetics, i think her lack of videos has been a huge shame and i've loved how she's styled herself, i even appreciate her minimalism of late cos it's brave but it's mostly about the music for me.

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

okay to swing this all back to NFR - 

i, for one, am a huge fan of Tomboy Lana.  clock my profile pic.  i am a huge fan of her saying "i'm your man" in MAC and using the lesbian pronouns in Doin' Time.  i like that she's changing her look.  that's her prerogative.

HOWEVER - i am NOT a fan of this dumb bitch going to Hillsong, the Brunei owned hotels, or hanging with these basic af matcha saddies. 

it's like. on the one hand she's getting more queer, with various aspects of NFR songs. on the other, shes a homophobic asshole.

I joked about this on the Unpopular Opinions thread - that the silence surrounding NFR is a carefully orchestrated ploy to make all of the gays unstan. She spent so many years crafting a glamorous "fuck me" image and she's frustrated because everyone who likes her is gay or female (or both - but she's straight so she isn't going to keep it up just for them).

:omfg2:

In that extended 2-hour interview recording she almost sounded hopeful when she talked about finding out that straight men listen to her music. All 5 of them.

I joked about this on the Unpopular Opinions thread - that the silence surrounding NFR is a carefully orchestrated ploy to make all of the gays unstan. She spent so many years crafting a glamorous "fuck me" image and she's frustrated because everyone who likes her is gay or female (or both - but she's straight so she isn't going to keep it up just for them).

In that extended 2-hour interview recording she almost sounded hopeful when she talked about finding out that straight men listen to her music. All 5 of them.

I know you’re joking but this is very real. I think she’s just one of these straight people who just don’t really care or think about gay people tbh. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, I for one don’t care much about the struggles straight people go through and that doesn’t mean I hate straight people.

I don’t think she expected (or likes) having young gay and females fans. Ever since Paradise she’s trying harder and harder to change her demographic, unsuccessfully lol. I think with NFR she’s definitely trying harder than ever to ditch the gays

omg it makes so much sense. covering sublime, which (even tho i love them) is like the ultimate stoner "bro" music, referencing RHCP (also typical bro music), going pseudo-lesbian-ish, becoming basic... it's all to get to the sleazy straight men.  damn.  it blows my mind that she's basically famous bc of gays love for her and then just casually is fresh out of fucks forever about us getting killed and disrespected all over the world.  like. dont the gays basically decide what matters in the pop culture / fashion / diva icon world???  we deserve better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

does anyone know if she lurks on here or ever has? cos i guess if she's reading posts as well and is familiar with this community and the convos it's also pretty possible

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

does anyone know if she lurks on here or ever has? cos i guess if she's reading posts as well and is familiar with this community and the convos it's also pretty possible

She so does, and you won't convince me otherwise. As if you wouldn't read a message board that is entirely about you with 9,000 of your fans on it. It's not like she gets any meaningful feedback on social media; this board is a great resource to gauge fan reactions, and even to get ideas.

Wouldn't even surprise me if she posts.

Would the real Elizabeth please stand up? Or remain seated and release NFR. Either is fine.