Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So V Magzine new cover is Avril Lavgne.. So we can exclude this possible for Steven Klein shoot.. The album shoot is coming :flutter:

A true legend

Lizzy can't relate

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I thought it was Lizzo (and the magazine only releases every other month unless it's a special edition).

But Steven Klein already confirmed their shoot was for the magazine.

Gimme a Us Vogue so sir :deadbanana:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Gimme a Us Vogue so sir :deadbanana:

Her ex-boyfriend married the daughter of the chief editor of Vogue US (Anna Wintour) so that's not happening, not that it would anyway  :rip:

i also thought she was way deeper than she is. i thought she had way more about her, but given the descent of her lyrics and her repetition i've started to realise she's pretty much a one trick pony who is actually very one dimensional. i think that's why her drastic and unexpected change of image gave me some hope and i do like it, but given her output is lazier and nonexistent ehhh. not to say i don't enjoy some of the new stuff, she definitely knows how to present things really beautifully musically. it's just theorising any deeper leaves you disappointed these days

Same. Both disappointed and surprised. I really shouldn't doubt myself and my intuition as much as I do. Every time I give someone or something a "second chance", I end up regretting it. I guess I was right about her back in 2012 :pft:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I bet that if we hadn't found out about Doin' Time from the radio impact date she just wouldn't have said anything until the day before releasing it :rip:

giphy.gif

This wouldve been me if I didnt know the radio impact date and had seen Lana utter the word “soon”

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

yeah fluxodite youre right. i meant "more queer" as in sliiiiiiiightly more gender-bendy than her typical hyper-femme persona. but youre right. shes not AT ALL, which is why i followed up with the "homophobic asshole" bit. it's really disheartening to see a supposed "gay icon" like Lana just totally trash us thru her silence and supporting fucked up institutions like hillsong and beverly hills hotel.

up till Lust for Life, i thought Lana was deeper than she is. i thought she was satirizing like white girl culture, pointing out how its set up for people to be unable to live up to expectations, to try to find their worth thru shitty relationships with shitty men... but then i realized, nope my analysis was just my projection, and that's just who she is. and her trying to be overtly political on LFL made me realize she's ignorant af. im turning in my stan card.

can i tattoo that last paragraph on my forehead bc :air: i literally felt so bamboozled and resentful but it’s just because for once i thought there was someone i could really relate to in the mainstream that wasn’t a rich, drug-addled rapper... but then looking at her trailer park lizzy days and the content she created for her homemade videos makes me confused again because was all that just an act too??? :crossed: she really faked that creativity and nihilism? part of me just refuses to believe it.

can i tattoo that last paragraph on my forehead bc :air: i literally felt so bamboozled and resentful but it’s just because for once i thought there was someone i could really relate to in the mainstream that wasn’t a rich, drug-addled rapper... but then looking at her trailer park lizzy days and the content she created for her homemade videos makes me confused again because was all that just an act too??? :crossed: she really faked that creativity and nihilism? part of me just refuses to believe it.

to quote myself #ldrconspiracies

Was that the plan all along? I really do wonder. Did she spend the last 7 years patiently waiting for the moment she wouldn't have to brush her hair again, make another music video or sing a song that isn't Video Games? I wonder what happened to the girl who'd go and get her nails done all fancy even when she was broke. I wonder if anything about her was ever real, even back in 2007. She has been fucking with them "industry players" for a long time, probably as early as 2003. Maybe the plan was for her to blow up much earlier than she did, and that's why she started trying to be Marilyn all those years ago. God, it would really be hilarious if she's been this basic ass saddie deep down all along, and we all fell for an aesthetic that was practically forced on her

I'm actually getting pretty resentful now. Like before I was like "okay this is annoying but maybe if we hang on just a little bit longer..." and now here we are with two songs that are 4 months away from being a YEAR old. It's getting far too ridiculous at this point. Most of her stans have already threatened not to buy the album at all (myself included). This alone should not only be a wake up call to Lana, but her sad excuse of a managment team also.

This wouldn't even be a problem at all if SOMEONE just gave us some solid updates and interacted with us and answer a few simple questions but clearly that's too damn hard in the golden age of technology. :smokeney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

to quote myself #ldrconspiracies

this makes me wonder why there aren’t any big conspiracies on lana dying and another lana taking over... people have done it with paul mccartney and avril lavigne and even vladimir putin but this one would be the most convincing :oprah3:

I'm actually getting pretty resentful now. Like before I was like "okay this is annoying but maybe if we hang on just a little bit longer..." and now here we are with two songs that are 4 months away from being a YEAR old. It's getting far too ridiculous at this point. Most of her stans have already threatened not to buy the album at all (myself included). This alone should not only be a wake up call to Lana, but her sad excuse of a managment team also.

This wouldn't even be a problem at all if SOMEONE just gave us some solid updates and interacted with us and answer a few simple questions but clearly that's too damn hard in the golden age of technology. :smokeney:

anyone know how long her contract is? maybe it’s ending soon and she’s fresh out of fucks forever :oic:

Her ex-boyfriend married the daughter of the chief editor of Vogue US (Anna Wintour) so that's not happening, not that it would anyway :rip:

I highly doubt Anna Wintour would let her son in law have that much power over Vogue

qfrWuBl.png

But she doesn't care about losing fans. She doesn't give a duck if fans don't buy the record. It's not an album for the fans like LFL. It's deeply related to her and I think that's all that matters to her

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

THIS :defeated: Thank you so much for saying this, my thoughts exactly!! I used to wear make up daily, but now I just cba anymore - not because of any mental health condition or cry for help. It's because I just don't feel the need anymore - although I still have issues, I am just more comfortable in my own skin and don't feel like I need to improve my appearance for anyone. And that's a positive thing - why should women feel the need to change how they look for others? Honestly, not wearing make-up regularly is not a big deal and likely does not mean something deep is going on! I am not trying to roast anyone, I love you guys, but pllleeeeaaaasseee just keep that in mind!

but isn't that a different situation all together? Lana stated on numerous occasions her look was for herself and its not like her appearance wasn't widely divisive for men and women alike.

Most of her stans? More like a handful of people on lanaboards. She won't even notice. I won't buy it, you might not buy it, 10 other people might not buy it...but everyone else will. This will likely be one of her best selling albums, and her appalling behavior will be generously rewarded.

Sadly, that someone has been fresh out of fucks since last September :toofunny:

...are y’all ok? She just found a group of girls she gets along well with. You don’t know them, you don’t know what type of people they are. It’s so weird how people on here are so obsessed with who she’s friends with when in reality we know nothing about her friend group except for what we see on their instas.

I think we should just accept the fact that some of the delulus on here are not in touch with their own reality and move on. Imagine getting personally frustrated (some here even get emotional :deadbanana: ) over things that do not affect your personal life... at all. It's sad, but that's just the way they are  :what:

OT (as far as that's possible with nothing happening): maybe we can talk about the album cover again? Do you think she'll be in white (as always)? 

this makes me wonder why there aren’t any big conspiracies on lana dying and another lana taking over... people have done it with paul mccartney and avril lavigne and even vladimir putin but this one would be the most convincing :oprah3:

Same tbh, it would make more sense than the Avril one that's for sure lol

anyone know how long her contract is? maybe it’s ending soon and she’s fresh out of fucks forever :oic:

God, I hope they part ways, Interscope is clearly not the right label for her