Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I can’t believe Lana ruined NFR by not saying fuck right god clearly h8s fags

You and I both know that's not how she ruined NFR but okay sis

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

In Fuck It I Love You, the only word that sounds mispronounced/slurred to me is “love” and I felt like it was almost a throwback to the title track (“you fucked me so good I almost said I love you”) as if she was still hesitant and testing the waters a bit and she still wasn’t sure if she was ready to say I love you.

you know what, this is pretty smart

I don't fully agree with this comment but I do think NFR has Lana's weakest/worst lyrics to date, and I've been saying this since she released Venice Bitch: the song is GREAT but the lyrics are???? Call me illiterate or whataver it just doesn't make sense at all and it sounds like a bunch of random sentences thrown together. 

Some of it definitely sounds like nonsense... And even if it tells a story, damn sis, not every story needs to be told! It just isn't that interesting lmao

There's a dude on Chuck's story talking about shooting something near the 405, I think? Could be for the MV they're doing tomorrow.

TNBAR video confirmed. Should be great with Doin’ Time or HIADT playing over it :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

all this NFR slander when we haven’t even heard the album in full yet???? NOT ON MY WATCH!

It's because the more I hear the less I like

since we are getting the album soon, do we have an exact release date for NFR yet?

august 9th x

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

"Its me ur lil venice bitch", "goddamn man-child", "culture's lit", "fuh ih ah luh yuh", "cinnamon in my teeth", that cringy ass line about all the pills, every single line we've heard from Bartender...

But I think the 3245456677889th party dress might have done it for me

The lyrics are even worse than usually. And dont get me wrong, I think she's one of the most interesting famous artists in last 20-30 years, maybe, but her lyric-writing hasnt been good since her beginnings, and it has just got worst as her career went by. What we have heard till now from NFR... Atrocious. I can't, really can't believe she is still mourning about party dresses (at this point, is just a charicature of her already charicaturized self) and parties and shit. The point with Lana is that, even getting that incredibly absurd lyric-wise, she still develops incredibly captivating songs, being Venice Bitch the last huge example of that: maybe the worst lyrics of her whole career -and that is not an award easy to be winned, given her awful writing skills-, yet one of her most hypnotising, undescriptible beautiful songs ever. I don't think we actually have to worry about that, just resign and enjoy as it wont stop the whole to be so enjoyable. That's Lana.

ugh do i need to contact your local ear doctor sweetie?

(edit: that was mean. sorry. no hard feelings. xx)

I didn't read the original so it's fine lol. Honestly I'm just sad. I know she "owes us nothing" but after what she put her fanbase through, yes, I did feel I deserved an album at least as good as Ultraviolence. From what I've heard, this is barely topping Sirens. All this trouble....for this??? I'm not even angry just genuinely sad. And deeply, deeply disappointed. I'm not being bitchy, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being honest here. I knew this was going to be goodbye, but I really thought she would at least go out with a bang....so yeah, sad and disappointed.

I didn't read the original so it's fine lol. Honestly I'm just sad. I know she "owes us nothing" but after what she put her fanbase through, yes, I did feel I deserved an album at least as good as Ultraviolence. From what I've heard, this is barely topping Sirens. All this trouble....for this??? I'm not even angry just genuinely sad. And deeply, deeply disappointed. I'm not being bitchy, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being honest here. I knew this was going to be goodbye, but I really thought she would at least go out with a bang....so yeah, sad and disappointed.

wait u think this is her last album?

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Well you definitely seem to be in the minority here, so just because you don't feel the same way doesn't mean this album won't reach Ultraviolence heights for a lot of people. Let's wait until we hear it all to judge in either direction, but in general there seems to be a lot of positive hype for what we've heard.

I don't fully agree with this comment but I do think NFR has Lana's weakest/worst lyrics to date, and I've been saying this since she released Venice Bitch: the song is GREAT but the lyrics are???? Call me illiterate or whataver it just doesn't make sense at all and it sounds like a bunch of random sentences thrown together. 

I strongly disagree with this, and anyone saying that it sounds like a bunch of random sentences thrown together is definitely missing the point and magic of the song. It's a hazy trip down memory lane and evokes a feel unlike anything I've heard before. It's Lana's best song in my opinion, and one of the best songs released by anyone in a long time. Saying it's bad writing just because the lyrics don't seem coherent to you is just wrong.

I can't take the criticisms about her lyrics that seriously considering you all stan:

But you haven't seen my man

You haven't seen my man
You haven't seen my man
You haven't seen him

His Bonnie on the side, Bonnie on the side

Makes me so sad, girl
His money on the side, money on the side
Makes me so sad, girl
I'm a sad girl, I'm a sad girl, I'm a sad girl
I'm a sad girl, I'm a bad girl, I'm a bad girl

I'll wait for you, babe, that's all I do, babe

Don't come through, babe, you never do
Because I'm pretty when I cry
I'm pretty when I cry
I'm pretty when I cry
I'm pretty when I cry

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can't take the criticisms about her lyrics that seriously considering you all stan:

You haven't seen my man

You haven't seen my man

You haven't seen him

Makes me so sad, girl

Makes me so sad, girl

:deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

To be fair these lyrics have an allusion to the cult classic film Fire Walk With Me which is my favorite movie of all time :hooker:

EDIT: I think Lana’s lyricisms on her discography have never been too particularly strong. However, the atmosphere she creates within her music blends with her lyrics perfectly and her style of writing is really her own which is one of the many reasons we STAN

You haven't seen my man

You haven't seen my man

You haven't seen him

Makes me so sad, girl

Makes me so sad, girl

:deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

i always thought it was “makes me a sad, sad girl”

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

To be fair these lyrics have an allusion to the cult classic film Fire Walk With Me which is my favorite movie of all time :hooker:

Fair enough, but that allusion still doesn't add up to me when "WE DESERVE AN ALBUM AS GOOD LYRICALLY AS ULTRAVIOLENCE WAHHHHH!"

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i always thought it was “makes me a sad, sad girl”

It is. I was just copy and pasted them