Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

To be clear, I'm not blaming her for anything. Addiction isn't a character flaw. I just think it's naive to believe alcohol hasn't touched her lips since 2003, and she's been 100% drug-free since 2008 or whenever it is she claims she got sober for good (I don't recall). We can only reach so much, and this constant talk of metaphors is getting really old... Sometimes heroin is just heroin. We can ignore certain things on their own, but everything combined...yeah you can't ignore that.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Well her doing drugs makes sense. She’s now singing about how she used to shoot up. On LFL a song was literally titled “Heroin”. I’m sure she does drugs, what drugs who knows. She probably just smoked weed now. Jack smokes in the studio so she probably did too. Remember that Memorial Day post where she said she was hoping she doesn’t “wipe out”? That would usually mean drunk or high so I mean she’s been public about it lately

I feel like this happened with honeymoon too...when lfl era started honeymoon was all of a sudden boring and now that we’re about to get nfr lfl is trash. it’s like the excitement of a new album skews people’s views on past music, which explains why many claim that nfr will be her best album despite ultra’s continued existence

No LFL has just always been her worst

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

To be clear, I'm not blaming her for anything. Addiction isn't a character flaw. I just think it's naive to believe alcohol hasn't touched her lips since 2003, and she's been 100% drug-free since 2008 or whenever it is she claims she got sober for good (I don't recall). We can only reach so much, and this constant talk of metaphors is getting really old... Sometimes heroin is just heroin. We can ignore certain things on their own, but everything combined...yeah you can't ignore that.

I agree. If drugs don’t play some role in her life, why would she write about them year after year after year? Especially when she knows that glamorizing drugs may be harmful to others, especially impressionable young people?

I know it's naive but I just kind of thought she had stopped for good because I have a family full of addicts that have remained sober once they got control of their addictions. Obviously that doesn't happen often. But that's why that was why I kind of my knee jerk reaction

FIILY is like Religion's dark sister :( but tbh I see this song as a more intimate side of her! The BTD era was a pretty manufactured image, and I'm not sure if the GP was ready just yet to have a pop star being honest about their drug/alcohol use

sgopYhV.gif

Well her doing drugs makes sense. She’s now singing about how she used to shoot up. On LFL a song was literally titled “Heroin”. I’m sure she does drugs, what drugs who knows. She probably just smoked weed now. Jack smokes in the studio so she probably did too. Remember that Memorial Day post where she said she was hoping she doesn’t “wipe out”? That would usually mean drunk or high so I mean she’s been public about it lately

She surfs as seen in the trailer & as mentioned in interviews, and it looked like the pic was at the beach...wipe out means to fall off your surfboard

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

FIILY is like Religion's dark sister :( but tbh I see this song as a more intimate side of her! The BTD era was a pretty manufactured image, and I'm not sure if the GP was ready just yet to have a pop star being honest about their drug/alcohol use

the coolest thing is, is that she doesn’t seem to give a fuck. and that’s so awesome to me. she’s always changing the game

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

given how much she talks about substances i would agree i think it's unlikely she hasn't done them recently, i also kind of feel like she finds drug culture attractive and that it actually careers into the sexual when it comes to men. i think if we're gonna judge her on lyrics alone (which granted could be reductive) she is very much a nihilist and very unapologetic about that 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I don't think anyone in this thread insinuated that it is

no but i think checking pics of whether she was smoking it with wiz khalifa implies it

cool, thanks for the unneccessary passive aggression xo

U literally made a mountain out of a molehill by assuming that someone fact checking another persons post means they're "insinuating" there's something wrong with a stranger smoking weed

U literally made a mountain out of a molehill by assuming that someone fact checking another persons post means they're "insinuating" there's something wrong with a stranger smoking weed

i literally made a rhetorical passing comment to no one in particular that wasn't even accusatory but you took it as so, jesus christ

i literally made a rhetorical passing comment to no one in particular that wasn't even accusatory but you took it as so, jesus christ

U literally brought up weed after my post regarding weed, when WEEEddd itself had not been brought up since baddisease mentioned it on the previous page, right at the top.

Then, u responded to me with -

no but i think checking pics of whether she was smoking it with wiz khalifa implies it

Which is what I did. So yes, u made a mountain out of a molehill. Valerie has spoken. That is all!

AnYwaYs, Fuck It I Love You is GREAT!

U literally brought up weed after my post regarding weed, when WEEEddd itself had not been brought up since baddisease mentioned it on the previous page, right at the top.

Then, u responded to me with -

Which is what I did. So yes, u made a mountain out of a molehill. Valerie has spoken. That is all!

AnYwaYs, Fuck It I Love You is GREAT!

oh my god my original post WASN'T AIMED AT YOU IT WAS GENERAL YOU MADE IT ABOUT YOU. fucking hell