Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Dear LanaBoard users,

This is a message from papa Ben to inform you that this has all been a social experiment.

There is no Norman Froggin Roswell, there is no Violets Bent Over in my Ass.

The Lana you have been seeing is a simulation, we actually have no idea where she really is.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stream Dula Peepa & Ellie Gosling.

lol

AHS: 1984

Wonder Woman: 1984

NFR Pre-Release Thread: 1984

Next page is Lana's birth year  :deadbanana:

r u even sure we know her real birth year anymore 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

In Your Car was written about how Lana's lover was in a huge rush to get home because he couldn't hold his shit in any longer.

We go fast

We go so fast, your ass blows

Jesus, Lana do something. I am so fucking bored.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Dear LanaBoard users,

This is a message from papa Ben to inform you that this has all been a social experiment.

There is no Norman Froggin Roswell, there is no Violets Bent Over in my Ass.

The Lana you have been seeing is a simulation, we actually have no idea where she really is.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stream Dula Peepa & Ellie Gosling.

S1MONE, the sequel

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It's frustrating seeing people choose "stanning" over logic all the time. I've made plenty of excuses for her in the past, so I get it to an extent, but I've never seen people reach harder. They will say anything to excuse everything, because Lana can obviously do no wrong. Lana lying? No, she's an actress. A screenwriter, a playwright, an undercover sociologist. It's annoying seeing people go above and beyond with one excuse after the other just so a 35 year old woman won't have to take responsibility for anything in her life.

I agree that what James Franco said was interesting, and worth discussing. I wasn't saying we shouldn't talk about that.

Yeah, I get why that's frustrating and I feel the same way. There are things I don't agree with, but I'm not vocal about it as some people on here are, let alone making any excuses for Lana's behaviour. (Simply because I'm not interested in doing or discussing any of that). 

But did you think I was making excuses for her? Because that was not what I was doing. I was taught to not read between the lines (because "there is nothing there"), and that's how I always intend to participate in discussions on this forum :)

This "Lana" you speak of died after the release of LFL. Now she's just another hoarder who shares snippets here and then, never to be release in it fullness.

this should really be WildSycamoreBoards tbh

Change of subject...

In Your Car is about car sex.

I relistened to the You Don’t Ever Have To snippet... Could it be about a guy who can’t get it up?

NFR, both the track and album, seems to be about a jab to the male ego, so... maybe.

On another note, when the poetry book comes out I feel like it won't be as exciting as we initially thought for two reasons.

One reason is that during this era, we've all had this frustration about the lack of communication & when we think we're about to get something: nope! NEW POEM DOLLIES!  :hooker: 

....and they weren't even that good!

Change of subject...

In Your Car is about car sex. .

Sorry no, In Your Car is about her lover having diarrhea and having to get home quickly, this was confirmed henny

....and they weren't even that good!

I read this in the same way she said it while dissing G greasy

That's interesting. I think James Franco makes a good point, and I agree.

I'm not sure if calling her "fake" would be the right word for describing her, though. I mean, would we call J.K. Rowling fake too because she wrote the Harry Potter series?

I guess for Lana it's more about the "stories" she wrote/still writes (her older work probably more so than her recent stuff). And that she doesn't necessarily have to be a character in her own work. 

In Rowling's case, she was actually accused of being "authentic" and not fake. Christian fundamentalists found Rowling supportive of, and/or glamourizing of magic (aka satanism). (BTW, stream Lucifer, lol).

Next is more a reaction to your posts responding to @LanaFlowers.

The lying issue is not really understood, imo, unless people refer to specific songs (and specific things in songs). Some songs seem more autobiographical than others, and I doubt she says about every song she writes, "hey this is my life". What she may have said rashly (or stoned) during some early interview can be forgotten or discounted, imo. This doesn't mean I have a problem with viewing Brooklyn Baby or Carmen as representing her, but strangely, a song I find even more "authentic" about her is, Last Girl on Earth, which I know is a literal lie, but that's just me (and my feelings) being weird. Or maybe this authenticity thing has to be explained a bit more.

I am waiting on pins and needles to see what's going to happen with NFR, just like everybody else. But I don't want to criticize her; I just want her back musically. Authenticity isn't an issue for me, but her being inhibited for some reason is an issue, a depressing one.

In Rowling's case, she was actually accused of being "authentic" and not fake. Christian fundamentalists found Rowling supportive of, and/or glamourizing of magic (aka satanism). (BTW, stream Lucifer, lol).

Next is more a reaction to your posts responding to @LanaFlowers.

The lying issue is not really understood, imo, unless people refer to specific songs (and specific things in songs). Some songs seem more autobiographical than others, and I doubt she says about every song she writes, "hey this is my life". What she may have said rashly (or stoned) during some early interview can be forgotten or discounted, imo. This doesn't mean I have a problem with viewing Brooklyn Baby or Carmen as representing her, but strangely, a song I find even more "authentic" about her is, Last Girl on Earth, which I know is a literal lie, but that's just me (and my feelings) being weird. Or maybe this authenticity thing has to be explained a bit more.

I am waiting on pins and needles to see what's going to happen with NFR, just like everybody else. But I don't want to criticize her; I just want her back musically. Authenticity isn't an issue for me, but her being inhibited for some reason is an issue, a depressing one.

Thank you for taking my point seriously and for your response. 

Lol, Rowling did a great job making fiction seem authentic; it's what every artist tries to achieve to some extent, I reckon. 

I am with you; I think there is a difference between lying and storytelling, and that it's not always clear what's going on. That's one of the things that I find so intruiging about her. In that sense, I guess I don't care that much about authenticity either, because I'll appreciate the multi-layered stuff she comes up with anyway. Thanks for that perspective!

(Just to be clear: I meant to say this in an observing way, so I'm not criticizing her nor am I making excuses for her.)

Yeah, I get why that's frustrating and I feel the same way. There are things I don't agree with, but I'm not vocal about it as some people on here are, let alone making any excuses for Lana's behaviour. (Simply because I'm not interested in doing or discussing any of that). 

But did you think I was making excuses for her? Because that was not what I was doing. I was taught to not read between the lines (because "there is nothing there"), and that's how I always intend to participate in discussions on this forum :)

I might have misunderstood then. But yes, that's the impression I got.

I might have misunderstood then. But yes, that's the impression I got.

Yeah, I figured you misunderstood. Idk why you're being so defensive lately, and it's not any of my business, but I hope everything's ok!  :kiss:

Yeah, I figured you misunderstood. Idk why you're being so defensive lately, and it's not any of my business, but I hope everything's ok!  :kiss:

Nothing is ever okay, but how exactly did I come off as defensive? I expressed my frustration over something I'm sick of seeing. Offensive I would understand, I'm all hormonal and shit right now -.-

Nothing is ever okay, but how exactly did I come off as defensive? I expressed my frustration over something I'm sick of seeing. Offensive I would understand, I'm all hormonal and shit right now -.-

Oh you're right lol, I meant to say offensive. But let's take this to the DMs haha x

Fast forward to Friday June 14, 2019.

Miss Larvae del Rey has dropped NFR with music videos to accompany nearly every song, additionally, she drops a cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door & announces that Tropico 2.0 is coming this fall. She applied a moisture masque to her hair & burned all of her leggings, HIADT has been annihilated from planet Earth & the critter friends have emigrated south, to hell.

Thank you for coming to my first IMAGINE session, a safe place I created for us to freely hallucinate.