canela

Slayyyter

15 hours ago, KillForLove said:

who said it's a single? its just a pre-release promo track.

I don't think the technicality of a "single" matters when it comes to Slayyyter (no shade) ... it's just a song that's released before the album but the fact ILH single release was scrapped for this is not it. Oh well, album is still excellent.  :crai:

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, sweetener said:

I don't think the technicality of a "single" matters when it comes to Slayyyter (no shade) ... it's just a song that's released before the album but the fact ILH single release was scrapped for this is not it. Oh well, album is still excellent.  :crai:

Was it? I thought they were both pre-release tracks and they just switched them because she wants Miss Belladonna to have it's shine as a "single" and then ILH right before the album. I guess I'm bias because I love EE and I think pre-release track/promo single is the perfect place for it.

10 hours ago, KillForLove said:

Was it? I thought they were both pre-release tracks and they just switched them because she wants Miss Belladonna to have it's shine as a "single" and then ILH right before the album. I guess I'm bias because I love EE and I think pre-release track/promo single is the perfect place for it.

well team slayyyter has been flip-flopping the singles this era for the past month now, (ILH was supposed to be single #2 I believe) and after all of this I'm still not sure which song is getting the video treatment :toofunny:

STARFUCKER rollout (in my dreams)

Spoiler

Single #1: Miss Belladonna 

Promo single: My Body
Single #2: I Love Hollywood!
Promo single: Plastic 
Album release + Single #3: Girl Like Me, main focus track on streaming for bimbo playlists / New Music Friday + music video release

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Hunnnter said:

I’m stupid but like what is the difference between a pre-release or promo song and a single 😭 

i’m guessing it’s the amount of promo it gets. singles get the most like music videos, shoots and cover art. could be more to it but idk 😭

15 hours ago, Hunnnter said:

I’m stupid but like what is the difference between a pre-release or promo song and a single 😭 

Its arbitrary semantics, especially in the streaming age but my understanding is:

• Promo Single - A song released individually, sometimes they don't even make the final cut of the album tracklist. Sometimes they have videos but more commonly not. The song is offered to radio (typically offshoots like Adult Contemporary Radio or Indie stations) but not Top 40 radio. This can occur before the album is released or after it's out, in between offical "Singles"
  • Pre-release track: A product of the digital mp3 marketplace when fans could be instantly delivered tracks on albums that were pre-ordered. This could be an official single or a promo single, and even in some cases was just a random song from the album.
  • Official Single - Are the songs chosen by the label to lead and direct the album's promotional campaign. Again, in the streaming age this gets blurry as single's don't always get music videos and things can be changed by labels at the last minute (Originally Need to Know by Doja Cat was supposed to be a pre-release, promo single but it did so well on the charts that it overshadowed the second single release of You Right w/ The Weeknd so they just serviced it to radio and called it the "third single").

the rollout shouldve been this

Lead : I Love Hollywood!

2nd: Miss. Belladonna

promo single: My Body

3rd: Plastic (to reach out to the old fans bcz of the hyperpop sound)

4th/final: Tear Me Open

10 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Heartbeat Away not being like, the lead anything - the single the promo, fucking NOTHING - is a crime

What do you girlies hear in Heartbeat Away that I don't? To me it feels so mid...

Just now, Gore said:

What do you girlies hear in Heartbeat Away that I don't? To me it feels so mid...

I hear a missing bridge and a pre-chorus that would probably make it a 10/10.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶