SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

How is no one talking about a 2D Zelda game in the same engine as Link's Awakening remake, made by Grezzo, where Zelda is the playable character????? @Beautiful Loser @SlowGinFizzzz let's discuss :liner:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 minutes ago, American Whore said:

How is no one talking about a 2D Zelda game in the same engine as Link's Awakening remake, made by Grezzo, where Zelda is the playable character????? @Beautiful Loser @SlowGinFizzzz let's discuss :liner:

omg im in love :wub:  i need it now :cuteface:

3 hours ago, American Whore said:

Because I’ve discussed it with my fellow staff members of Zelda Universe, I forget this thread exists too. :defeated:

I had a feeling the assets that were made for the remake of Link’s Awakening would be used again, my bet was for remake of the Oracle games but this is lowkey better! I’m excited, I just assumed that a game with a playable Zelda would mean she’d run around with a sword too but it makes a lot more sense for her to use magic to navigate the world and pass obstacles. :3

I love all the memes already lol

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Because I’ve discussed it with my fellow staff members of Zelda Universe, I forget this thread exists too. :defeated:

I had a feeling the assets that were made for the remake of Link’s Awakening would be used again, my bet was for remake of the Oracle games but this is lowkey better! I’m excited, I just assumed that a game with a playable Zelda would mean she’d run around with a sword too but it makes a lot more sense for her to use magic to navigate the world and pass obstacles. :3

I love all the memes already lol

i love that the gays finally get a mage zelda game with the princess :teehee: we finally won

also yeah i figured the same thing too about the engine they used for link's awakening, it only made sense. i was thinking oracle remake too! (but lowkey really wanted a minish cap remake tbf) this is faaaar better. i can't wait to see how they navigate item discovery and placement for her copying ability

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i love that the gays finally get a mage zelda game with the princess :teehee: we finally won

also yeah i figured the same thing too about the engine they used for link's awakening, it only made sense. i was thinking oracle remake too! (but lowkey really wanted a minish cap remake tbf) this is faaaar better. i can't wait to see how they navigate item discovery and placement for her copying ability

It's the Nintendo princess' year this year , with Peach getting her own game too! :party: It seems really good, I hope I'll get to try it sometime.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

18 hours ago, American Whore said:

The way I manifested this, my power!

I'm really looking forward to this, I've always loved the Link's Awakening art style, I've always loved 2D Zelda, and actually having her playable this time around but with different mechanics than Link seems like a pretty great unique twist. As somebody who couldn't quite get into TotK, I feel like this is gonna be my Switch Zelda game.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

18 hours ago, American Whore said:

I can’t WAIT!!!

it’s gonna be sooo good. I love the art style and how they’re bringing the freedom of BOTW/TOTK into 2D. 

I’m also curious about the ALTTP map being at least slightly reused, and I REALLY hope they have more ‘traditional’ dungeons 

"Don’t forget me"

I see a lot of people mad that Zelda is the playable character and they’re ditching ‘traditional’ combat, but I really feel like Nintendo did it the opposite way.

I feel like they had the idea of echos, but weren’t sure how to put it in a game because Link always has a sword, and this gameplay gimmick feels perfect for Zelda!

Of course now I want to replay every single Zelda game I can. (Which the only two I can’t play is WW/TP because my Wii U is in a storage unit)

"Don’t forget me"

i really hope this game ends up doing well and makes the 3D zelda team realize that it'd be cool to have a 2-character game where it's Zelda or Link that you can play as, kind of like Assassin's Creed did with Syndicate or the new game. Just switch off whenever, but either character is able to complete puzzles

giphy.gif

The only thing I’m a bit meh about is the map which seems similar to ALttP’s, and that’s just because I’ve played that game and A Link Between Worlds in the past four years or so, so the map is still pretty fresh in my mind. But we’ll see, maybe there’ll be some surprises.

ALSO so cool that there are two versions of Zora’s in the game, AND the Gerudo, I hope they kept the Gerudo language, it’s so cute.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’ve always wanted a Zelda game with her as the playable character but I kinda hate that they’re doing it in this art style with her femininity hidden under a cloak like they’re not fully committing to having her as the lead character and still want to appeal to a wider audience that don’t want to notice that they’re playing as a female character. Maybe I’m reading too much into it and I’m sounding like Jameela Jamil but idk I wish we could have a Zelda fronted game where she’s fab and not a little cartoony covered up lego

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

34 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I’ve always wanted a Zelda game with her as the playable character but I kinda hate that they’re doing it in this art style with her femininity hidden under a cloak like they’re not fully committing to having her as the lead character and still want to appeal to a wider audience that don’t want to notice that they’re playing as a female character. Maybe I’m reading too much into it and I’m sounding like Jameela Jamil but idk I wish we could have a Zelda fronted game where she’s fab and not a little cartoony covered up lego

i see where you’re coming from, but at the same time I’m already seeing a lot of complaints that Zelda is the playable character, so as much as I want them to fully embrace her, I can see why they’re playing it a tad safe..I do hope the cloak is removable, because in all the gameplay footage so far the cloak is up, but on the box art it’s not. 

i know we just got the announcement but I’m already itching for another trailer :toofloppy: I’m so glad they announced this game with only a 3 month wait

"Don’t forget me"

36 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I'll be in Japan in September, but at the very beginning of the month, I'm lowkey sad I won't get the JP box art. My brother got me the LA remake one in Japan. :poordat:

TIL that JP box art is different! I knew there were differences in the BOTW box arts but I didn’t realize they all had diffenret ones 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

TIL that JP box art is different! I knew there were differences in the BOTW box arts but I didn’t realize they all had diffenret ones 

Yeah, I don’t like the European one for BotW as much as the American one because Link looks at the world in front of him in the American cover, and it looks so much more exciting than having Link looking back and over the shoulder at you. Or at least, that’s what I think lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png