ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

I read Alexis's review and can't disagree with it LMAO but clearly we just have different tastes. I think he has far too many negative preconceived notions about Lana and he has already decided what the themes of all of her song are. And I don't think it's a negative thing for an artist to stay relatively within their own world when it is SO different from everything else others are doing and if it's similar it's because they've copied her LOL. IMO the review shouldn't focus on what she has done in the past it should review the latest body of work in isolation.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Holy shit 88 and it's possible it's gonna grow omg. Right now it's the 11th best album of 2019. There are still really really good reviews not updated yet. GET THAT ACCLAIM QUEEN

There's gonna be second 60 though - I don't remember who gave that note btw. And 100 from NOW Magazine so it won't fall.

giphy.gif

There's the 60 from T**egr*ph, a 100 from NOW and another 100 from Sputnik. Those reviews added will change the score from 88 to 84. Not bad, but kinda surprised that even though 2 100 scores are added, that 60 one drops it all the way to 84

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

There's the 60 from T**egr*ph, a 100 from NOW and another 100 from Sputnik. Those reviews added will change the score from 88 to 84. Not bad, but kinda surprised that even though 2 100 scores are added, that 60 one drops it all the way to 84

Scores from different publications are weighted differently so it won't necessarily go down that much (although could go down more)

Scores are weighted according to publication and how they tend to rank releases in comparison to the mean. IMO it might not even drop - I wouldn't count the Telegraph as any sort of esteemed music publication (despite what failed musician Neil McCormick might think) - whereas Sputnik tends to be quite critical in general so may sway more?

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Scores from different publications are weighted differently so it won't necessarily go down that much (although could go down more)

Oh yeah you're right. The score right now would normally be 82, so there's definetly an edge of importance between publications. Somebody said that The Telegraph doesn't count that much while Pitchfork is more important. So hopefully her score doesn't drop that much.

Pitchfork fucking liked the greatest and filly so let's hope for a high score from them. I'm weirdly so invested in this LMAO

Scores are weighted according to publication and how they tend to rank releases in comparison to the mean. IMO it might not even drop - I wouldn't count the Telegraph as any sort of esteemed music publication (despite what failed musician Neil McCormick might think) - whereas Sputnik tends to be quite critical in general so may sway more?

Copy that

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Positive thoughts from Interview magazine editors https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/lana-de-rey-normal-fucking-rockwell-interview-editors-review

A review (of sorts) from Noisey, incidentally by the interviewer who helped bring about the now iconic statement "Whenever people bring up feminism, I'm like, god. I'm just not really that interested.  I'm more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what's going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities.”  :creep:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43kxg3/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-review

Neither are metacritic-relevant but interesting nonetheless.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png