Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

this is still one of my favorite things she’s ever done. i have such fond memories tied to it. buying the vinyl while i was on a trip to the beach with my friends in the spring time. being so happy but knowing it wouldnt last forever, because nothing that pure and good ever does. this book and specifically the audiobook are just pure beauty.

giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/UK7PqeF5NzA?si=jNGVqP-EkZD6J_VH 

Been wanting to talk about this stupid podcast for a while-- I agree with a lot of the criticisms towards Violet. From Lana wanting it to be free because "my thoughts are priceless," equating authenticity to looking trashy (eg the pic on the back), having coffee stains and bad gramma and emojis on your published book, two pages of the same poem back to back except one is the draft and one isn’t, and overall the book being extremely short but bloated with pictures to have enough pages to be sold as a "book." 

Those loads of issues aside... this podcast quite literally sounds like it came out of 2013. The way these people talk about a literal nobody to them is so just so? Weird. The nepotism allegations before even looking her up?

Both are walking the fine line between just being rude and misogynistic.  

Anyways. Both are big losers. And their critics are barely about the words? and if they like the poems they'd brush it off and go on a tangent about something larger than just the poems like her persona. Tiring. Boring. 

4 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

lol i do not think she looks "trashy"

the eyeliner? it looks trashy and obviously not the most flattering pic of hers. she has access to great photographers and make up artists. "trashy" is I guess a bit hyperbolic but she does look bad and I'm sure she thought it added to the "authenticity" of it all. It doesn’t. 

24 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

https://youtu.be/UK7PqeF5NzA?si=jNGVqP-EkZD6J_VH 

Been wanting to talk about this stupid podcast for a while-- I agree with a lot of the criticisms towards Violet. From Lana wanting it to be free because "my thoughts are priceless," equating authenticity to looking trashy (eg the pic on the back), having coffee stains and bad gramma and emojis on your published book, two pages of the same poem back to back except one is the draft and one isn’t, and overall the book being extremely short but bloated with pictures to have enough pages to be sold as a "book." 

Those loads of issues aside... this podcast quite literally sounds like it came out of 2013. The way these people talk about a literal nobody to them is so just so? Weird. The nepotism allegations before even looking her up?

Both are walking the fine line between just being rude and misogynistic.  

Anyways. Both are big losers. And their critics are barely about the words? and if they like the poems they'd brush it off and go on a tangent about something larger than just the poems like her persona. Tiring. Boring. 

Girl 77 views? How did u even find this podcast

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 minute ago, ethelcain said:

Girl 77 views? How did u even find this podcast

I liked the book and there isn’t  much content about it. I looked it up on Spotify and there's a couple of podcasts that talk about the book :flutter:

It's kinda like reaction videos to albums except it's so indie that no one cares about it