Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

On 10/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, recklessdaughter said:

I decided to make my own diy sleeve for my Violet picture disc since I hate picture disc packaging (they get so stiff and curly over time, and I can tolerate that usually, but Lana albums deserve better). I know it’s scrappy and the epitome of “cheap knock off” but I like it and I’m proud of how it turned out. I took pics with the standard gatefold sleeve to compare mine to. 
586-B60-C6-79-EC-4475-A1-F5-C09-C5-F85-E

6404572-C-4395-45-A4-894-C-D658-E5-F61-C0125-F03-E-22-BF-4-B0-F-B356-D35-F6-C935

wow! I’d definitely buy it from you if you make some for sale!! AMAZING JOB!! 

guys is there anyone got their order of the “cream or clear” shipped from her US store? cuz it’s so weird that they said it’s gunne be shipped on December 2nd but i got an email saying it’s shipped two days already!!!!

:smile3:

I’ve kept making changes to that Violet vinyl sleeve because I always see room for improvement. I drew a new cover, this time a different take on the same stanza. I thought it would be less pressure if I wasn’t trying to replicate the real cover. I know I’ll likely make a new cover again too (I kinda want to get some good paints and pick a different scene from her poems to recreate). But here’s today’s changes.

31-A7-C5-CF-454-A-4750-A2-DA-21-DF58915-

C0-D39-B0-D-0-C4-C-4-B97-AFB1-D17-EBE6-E

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I got an email today from the US shop today with a 10% off coupon and they definitely describe the exclusive vinyl color as "cream". Still doesn't say the word cream on the website. So we'll see what comes this time when they ship in December! 

The code is LDR10OFF if anyone wants to use it, btw. Not sure if the email went out to everyone. 

17 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

I got an email today from the US shop today with a 10% off coupon and they definitely describe the exclusive vinyl color as "cream". Still doesn't say the word cream on the website. So we'll see what comes this time when they ship in December! 

The code is LDR10OFF if anyone wants to use it, btw. Not sure if the email went out to everyone. 

i don’t think it’s the US store

when i clicked the email it forwarded me to her universal store 

I listen Violet very often. My Bf, who is a Librarian, loves it, and I love the vibe that disc creates. It's funny to see that I'm more touched by it than NFR today.

I love the way she's speaking on Salamander and all the backgroud music + Sportcruiser is so smart.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

(anyone received their vinyl from her store yet? Lol) I saw it already in JBHiFi and I was so sad I couldn’t buy it just to hold it right there and then

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Did anyone order the Cream variation from Lana's US store (prior to it's release) and actually received a Cream vinyl? Or was all of the Cream vinyls from her US store clear?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

52 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Did anyone order the Cream variation from Lana's US store (prior to it's release) and actually received a Cream vinyl? Or was all of the Cream vinyls from her US store clear?

they shipped it to my forwarded US address so i shipped it again to my actual address 

i will get it by the next week 

I love the audio book and her poetry but I never understood what she meant  with "inside of my stomach the cosmos are baking" in Quiet Waiter Blue Forever....When my stomach feels like a cosmos is  baking inside of me I  better stay close to a bathroom cause other wise :eek:....but I guess that’s not what Lana  meant ....

Spoiler

I'm not a native english speaker...but that what I wrote above is always in my mind when I hear the cosmos  baking line and I want to get rid of this imagery :rip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I love the audio book and her poetry but I never understood what she meant  with "inside of my stomach the cosmos are baking" in Quiet Waiter Blue Forever....When my stomach feels like a cosmos is  baking inside of me I  better stay close to a bathroom cause other wise :eek:....but I guess that’s not what Lana  meant ....

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not a native english speaker...but that what I wrote above is always in my mind when I hear the cosmos  baking line and I want to get rid of this imagery :rip:

LOL! I always interpreted that line to refer to her uterus, which is a symbol of femininity, fertility, child-bearing etc. The way I understood it was that her lover made her feel like a woman and that their relationship moved Lana to the point where she felt herself engaging with the most romantic aspects of womanhood, hence, the reference to her inner world (cosmos baking = universe forming) being how she deep in love she is. It could also be a play-on-words of the popular phrase, “butterflies in my stomach”, which people feel when they’re around someone they have a romantic/flirtatious connection with!

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

LOL! I always interpreted that line to refer to her uterus, which is a symbol of femininity, fertility, child-bearing etc. The way I understood it was that her lover made her feel like a woman and that their relationship moved Lana to the point where she felt herself engaging with the most romantic aspects of womanhood, hence, the reference to her inner world (cosmos= universe) being how she deep in love she is. It could also be a play on words of the popular phrase, “butterflies in my stomach”, which people feel when they’re around someone they have a romantic/flirtatious connection with!

Thank you !!! That makes a lot of sense  and it's such a beautiful imagery / imagination :flutter:

Not gonna lie I feel a little bit dumb right now  lol

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Thank you !!! That makes a lot of sense  and it's such a beautiful imagery / imagination :flutter:

Not gonna lie I feel a little bit dumb right now  lol

You’re so welcome! :kiss2: and I agree, it’s gorgeous! Hopefully it helps replace the imagery you attached to it before :thumb3:

And aw, don’t feel dumb! Poetry can mean so many things <3 remember that you’re a Lana Del Rey fan who can appreciate her music and poetry and understand the intention and nuance that shines through - we’re all intelligent beings around here who clearly are intellectually capable of engaging with Lana’s work! Sending love <3 

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

You’re so welcome! :kiss2: and I agree, it’s gorgeous! Hopefully it helps replace the imagery you attached to it before :thumb3:

And aw, don’t feel dumb! Poetry can mean so many things <3 remember that you’re a Lana Del Rey fan who can appreciate her music and poetry and understand the intention and nuance that shines through - we’re all intelligent beings around here who clearly are intellectually capable of engaging with Lana’s work! Sending love <3 

Thank you so much for those lovely words:kiss:

And I think I should go the bed now and listen to  Violets. Then I 'll see what images I'll have in mind when the cosmos baking line  comes on 

( and it's so calming when Lana reads you to sleep)

And yes !!! We have taste and intelligence around here:thankyou:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

On 11/7/2020 at 2:27 PM, J.R.OMEGA said:

I also want to know... I'm looking to buy one but I don't want to overpay if all of them were clear. 

Edit: I just bought one anyway :cuteface: 

On 11/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, J.R.OMEGA said:

3 hours ago, White Hot Forever said:

I also want to know... I'm looking to buy one but I don't want to overpay if all of them were clear. 

Edit: I just bought one anyway :cuteface: 

Not sure why it's so hard to get an answer to my question ? I even asked Lana's Reddit page the same thing. So either everyone's pre-order cream vinyl came in clear or some were actually cream and no one is replying ?‍♂️

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

37 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Not sure why it's so hard to get an answer to my question ? I even asked Lana's Reddit page the same thing. So either everyone's pre-order cream vinyl came in clear or some were actually cream and no one is replying ?‍♂️

im actually still surprised mine shipped and delivered week ago or even more when it said it’s gunna be delivered on September 2nd 

cant wait to have it in my actual address