Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

2 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

i think im gunna throw up right now 

im pissed off - i hate being a collector sometimes 

why the fuck did i order from her universal store? but if i didnt that means i wont get the cream vinyl one 

this is just so stupid they should’ve mentioned the color, and they’ve never done it before (i remember the nfr neon, the lfl, the uv box, the hm red) all of them were available on her universal store & the official one

:deadbanana: chile i doubt it was intentional, the pressing site prolly fucked up an noone noticed

i just hopehopehope theyre gonna pop up on discogs soon

image.png

The reason I don't think it was a mistake is because @SouthInGuy posted pics of the UPC Barcode sticker (which can be seen on Lana's Discogs and his Twitter) and the barcode was different, off by one number. Therefore, I get the feeling that it wasn't a mistake. I'll see what her US store replies to my question. Maybe I'm completely off and it was a mistake, but why the different barcode sticker then?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

6 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

The reason I don't think it was a mistake is because @SouthInGuy posted pics of the UPC Barcode sticker (which can be seen on Lana's Discogs and his Twitter) and the barcode was different, off by one number. Therefore, I get the feeling that it wasn't a mistake. I'll see what her US store replies to my question. Maybe I'm completely off and it was a mistake, but why the different barcode sticker then?

i checked and the barcode of the clear vinyl is the same as the black one

:toofunny: looks like everything went wrong with this pressing, not even the gatefold is correctly labelled

thats why they put the sticker, i assume

edit: and the barcode on the sticker is the same as the EU cream version

image.png

12 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

:deadbanana: chile i doubt it was intentional, the pressing site prolly fucked up an noone noticed

i just hopehopehope theyre gonna pop up on discogs soon

remember the nfr neon one? was sold out for months and they had it back maybe weeks ago

so i hope they back in stock again 

also with this violet thing i doubt everything i was saying she’s gonna sell some signed copies online on her store but literally nothing came

so maybe it will happen with the clear one as well:defeated:

:smile3:

The printed barcode on the sleeve on my clear is the same as the black standard one and the blue from Urban. The catalog number on the spines are all the same too. All the US pressings just used the same sleeves apparently. The blue and clear have different barcode stickers on the cellophane wrapping. The clear sticker barcode is the same as the EU cream that is printed on the sleeve. If that makes sense. 

My guess is it's a mistake too, but not just for my single copy! Probably the whole US run of cream/white ended up being clear. 

A bunch of people on reddit said they ordered the NFR green vinyl when it was restocked a few months ago and were sent black vinyls. Her team is such a mess. I wonder how they're going to deal with this. Will they offer to exchange them? Send a cream one for free? Give refunds? 

40 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i checked and the barcode of the clear vinyl is the same as the black one

:toofunny: looks like everything went wrong with this pressing, not even the gatefold is correctly labelled

thats why they put the sticker, i assume

edit: and the barcode on the sticker is the same as the EU cream version

29 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

The printed barcode on the sleeve on my clear is the same as the black standard one and the blue from Urban. The catalog number on the spines are all the same too. All the US pressings just used the same sleeves apparently. The blue and clear have different barcode stickers on the cellophane wrapping. The clear sticker barcode is the same as the EU cream that is printed on the sleeve. If that makes sense. 

My guess is it's a mistake too, but not just for my single copy! Probably the whole US run of cream/white ended up being clear. 

Ugh :rollin:thank you for all of the clarification on the clear variation. So this makes it even more of a collector's item at this point :facepalm:

1 minute ago, SouthInGuy said:

P.S. I just got my big bundle from the Universal store in the mail right now. So everyone in the US still waiting on packages from them they are definitely on the way! 

Thank you for letting us know this. I'm still waiting for my bundle from Universal Music in the UK with the cream, picture disk, standard black and cream cassette to come in

5 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

The US store has their version of the LP (with that white photo so don't blame me if it doesn't end up being clear!) back up for sale. It says it ships on December 1 so it could be anything really... 

@J.R.OMEGA

yeah I ordered mine days ago let’s hope it’s the clear one or im gunna sue her team

3 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

The US store has their version of the LP (with that white photo so don't blame me if it doesn't end up being clear!) back up for sale. It says it ships on December 1 so it could be anything really... 

@J.R.OMEGA

Thanks for letting me know dude. Someone put one up on Discogs for sale and I bought it instantly this past week. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have the clear variation for my collection. It will be open, but I'm ok with that. Otherwise, it would have a UPC sticker for cream and I'd never actually know if it was clear or not. I was going to tag you in a post once I received it this coming week letting you know I got one ? Do we know yet if it was just single batch that was clear, or all of the cream variations from the US store? Someone said it was a mistake in the manufacturing process and since yours was stickered as cream, I have to assume they were correct. I'm curious now to know if this new batch will be clear or cream ? @UltraviolenceBaby report back once you receive yours. I'm hoping you get a clear variant ?

20 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

happy is the only one that stands out imo. the rest is just... cringy

seeing them on paper makes poetry cringey to me tbh. hearing it read out loud is when I can enjoy it most. i never understood the appeal of haiku's lol tbh

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

7 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Thanks for letting me know dude. Someone put one up on Discogs for sale and I bought it instantly this past week. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have the clear variation for my collection. It will be open, but I'm ok with that. Otherwise, it would have a UPC sticker for cream and I'd never actually know if it was clear or not. I was going to tag you in a post once I received it this coming week letting you know I got one ? Do we know yet if it was just single batch that was clear, or all of the cream variations from the US store? Someone said it was a mistake in the manufacturing process and since yours was stickered as cream, I have to assume they were correct. I'm curious now to know if this new batch will be clear or cream ? @UltraviolenceBaby report back once you receive yours. I'm hoping you get a clear variant ?

i will for sure x

btw i have a collecting page on ig, it’s @lanadelreycollector and i will post it there as soon as i recieve it 

honestly i don’t think it’s a mistake anymore- they’d change the description  to “cream” if it was a mistake but they didn’t 

I decided to make my own diy sleeve for my Violet picture disc since I hate picture disc packaging (they get so stiff and curly over time, and I can tolerate that usually, but Lana albums deserve better). I know it’s scrappy and the epitome of “cheap knock off” but I like it and I’m proud of how it turned out. I took pics with the standard gatefold sleeve to compare mine to. 
586-B60-C6-79-EC-4475-A1-F5-C09-C5-F85-E

6404572-C-4395-45-A4-894-C-D658-E5-F61-C0125-F03-E-22-BF-4-B0-F-B356-D35-F6-C935

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

I decided to make my own diy sleeve for my Violet picture disc since I hate picture disc packaging (they get so stiff and curly over time, and I can tolerate that usually, but Lana albums deserve better). I know it’s scrappy and the epitome of “cheap knock off” but I like it and I’m proud of how it turned out. I took pics with the standard gatefold sleeve to compare mine to. 
586-B60-C6-79-EC-4475-A1-F5-C09-C5-F85-E

6404572-C-4395-45-A4-894-C-D658-E5-F61-C0125-F03-E-22-BF-4-B0-F-B356-D35-F6-C935

I love this! The gatefold especially is so pretty :flutter: amazing job!!! <3

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love this! The gatefold especially is so pretty :flutter: amazing job!!! <3

Aw thank you! The original sleeve underneath is Ringo Starr’s 1973 album RINGO, so you can thank Ringo Starr for the gatefold lol. Now I’m gonna have to find another damaged album to put aside for a sleeve for Behind the Iron Gates if it has a picture disc too because this was so much fun to make.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

7 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Aw thank you! The original sleeve underneath is Ringo Starr’s 1973 album RINGO, so you can thank Ringo Starr for the gatefold lol. Now I’m gonna have to find another damaged album to put aside for a sleeve for Behind the Iron Gates if it has a picture disc too because this was so much fun to make.

Ahhh I see! Well, please share when you make the sleeve for BTIG! You have a real talent!  :flutter: