Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

44 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i saw a girl on twitter lose their item in transit and since it's sold out.. i feel bad for her. she went on this long rant 

This frightens me too. I still haven't received my vinyls from her Universal store in the UK. Pissed that they didn't provide tracking for $150 worth of vinyl traveling halfway around the World ?‍♂️

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

38 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

i got all of her violet collection delivered two weeks ago - the cream one as well 

Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? Are you in the States?

42 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? Are you in the States?

no worries 

my address of the forwarding shipping company im using is in the states | Delaware 

and yes I bought em from the universal store

edit im so sorry i just checked my account to make sure, this forwarding company has so many addresses to ship from, and the universal store shipped it to my UK address not the US one 

btw im using these forwarding addresses cuz im originally located in Dubai 

:smile3:

On 10/20/2020 at 8:06 PM, J.R.OMEGA said:

Thanks everyone for replying to me. I'm in Florida and as of today they haven't arrived. At least I know that tracking wasn't provided to anyone and some have received their orders

I'm also in FL, and still waiting for my universal order of the cream vinyl and picture disc. So nervous they will be lost/damaged or something. Already received my blue vinyl and green vinyl, but am a collector so also sad to learn about the clear version that I probably won't be able to get. So strange how that happened...had to be a mistake. I do think it's probably the least attractive of them all though so that makes me feel somewhat better I suppose 

34 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

no worries 

my address of the forwarding shipping company im using is in the states | Delaware 

and yes I bought em from the universal store

edit im so sorry i just checked my account to make sure, this forwarding company has so many addresses to ship from, and the universal store shipped it to my UK address not the US one 

btw im using these forwarding addresses cuz im originally located in Dubai 

Wow, that shipping is very confusing, but I'm glad you received your order. Crazy that you've already received it given all of the forwarding that had to happen after they shipped out. Thank you for letting me know

31 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

I'm also in FL, and still waiting for my universal order of the cream vinyl and picture disc. So nervous they will be lost/damaged or something. Already received my blue vinyl and green vinyl, but am a collector so also sad to learn about the clear version that I probably won't be able to get. So strange how that happened...had to be a mistake. I do think it's probably the least attractive of them all though so that makes me feel somewhat better I suppose 

Ok, so I'm not alone in this situation. We're both in Fla and neither of us have received our order. I feel a little better knowing this. Hopefully we both receive everything we ordered and there's no damage ? 

Regarding the clear vinyl variation. Her US store actually never clarified what the color was, it was only described as "Exclusive" and that's it. Her UK site (Universal Music) clarified that it was "Exclusive Cream color" Both stores showed a cream/white color vinyl tho, so one would assume that both were the cream variation. I actually don't think it was a mistake. I think her US store had a different "Exclusive" color, they just sucked at describing it as clear and to make things more confusing, they showed a cream/white vinyl and not a clear vinyl. I'm totally pissed at her US store right now

2 hours ago, electra said:

ur so lucky! also i had no idea you had a lanaboards, you should totally post ur collection in the your lana collection thread because i know you have so much cool stuff and i would love to see it! 

It's me! I am so lazy, and it seems like the collecting never ends. But maybe after COCC comes out I will get around to the collection thread. 

5 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

It's me! I am so lazy, and it seems like the collecting never ends. But maybe after COCC comes out I will get around to the collection thread. 

After what happened with Violet, I am ordering every single option of COCC on vinyl. Even if they appear to be the same. I'm so pissed about the clear variation dude. I thought I had all bases covered for this release ?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

After what happened with Violet, I am ordering every single option of COCC on vinyl. Even if they appear to be the same. I'm so pissed about the clear variation dude. I thought I had all bases covered for this release ?‍♂️

I can't complain too much but I'm still mad I didn't get to buy a backup copy. They really did mess up on this one! The damn header on that site still says "Product In Stock Now"... 

18 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

I can't complain too much but I'm still mad I didn't get to buy a backup copy. They really did mess up on this one! The damn header on that site still says "Product In Stock Now"... 

I see that and of course the only one sold out is the clear variation. Even the picture disk is still available on her US store. I agree that they totally fucked the collector's on this release

Edit: I just emailed her US store to see if that variant will be available for purchase again. I'm sure it won't be, but no hurt in asking 

31 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

I see that and of course the only one sold out is the clear variation. Even the picture disk is still available on her US store. I agree that they totally fucked the collector's on this release

Edit: I just emailed her US store to see if that variant will be available for purchase again. I'm sure it won't be, but no hurt in asking 

please keep us updated :crai:

image.png

46 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

maybe that was by a mistake from the factory? i mean ive never seen anyone has a clear version except for you so maybe it was a mistake? ps you’re so lucky im so happy for you! X

43 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Someone emailed the US store and they said it was a mistake from the manufacturer. Whoever got the clear vinyl is indeed very lucky :crai:

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

Someone emailed the US store and they said it was a mistake from the manufacturer. Whoever got the clear vinyl is indeed very lucky :crai:

mmm i doubt its one of a kind, several people are reporting they got a clear vinyl instead of a cream colored one

if anything, the entire batch was pressed onto the wrong color

image.png

1 hour ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Regarding the clear vinyl variation. Her US store actually never clarified what the color was, it was only described as "Exclusive" and that's it. Her UK site (Universal Music) clarified that it was "Exclusive Cream color" Both stores showed a cream/white color vinyl tho, so one would assume that both were the cream variation. I actually don't think it was a mistake. I think her US store had a different "Exclusive" color, they just sucked at describing it as clear and to make things more confusing, they showed a cream/white vinyl and not a clear vinyl. I'm totally pissed at her US store right now

Ugh you're right, it does say "only available in the official lana del rey store"...they really should at least recognize the mistake of showing a cream vinyl in the photo, and not mentioning at all that it's actually clear. Not to mention the people that actually thought it was cream that they ordered and is still what they want but they have clear instead. Both options should be restocked even if it's just another preorder that we have to wait months for... why wouldn't they want to make more money plus make us happy?! Let's make a petition lol

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

mmm i doubt its one of a kind, several people are reporting they got a clear vinyl instead of a cream colored one

if anything, the entire batch was pressed onto the wrong color

wait have you seen someone else had the clear one? i have never 

that’s why i thought it’s a mistake 

4 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

wait have you seen someone else had the clear one? i have never 

that’s why i thought it’s a mistake 

ive seen some fans on reddit claiming theyve also received a clear one, then ppl on discogs got it in their collection while noone has added the US cream variant yet

image.png

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

ive seen some fans on reddit claiming they also received a clear one, then ppl on discogs got it in their collection while noone has added the US cream variant yet

i think im gunna throw up right now 

im pissed off - i hate being a collector sometimes 

why the fuck did i order from her universal store? but if i didnt that means i wont get the cream vinyl one 

this is just so stupid they should’ve mentioned the color, and they’ve never done it before (i remember the nfr neon, the lfl, the uv box, the hm red) all of them were available on her universal store & the official one