even more of my thoughts are charming
some are blue and borrowed

Sugar sugar lips and teeth
fingertips touch emojis
hard forever
hearts on fleek
bb please come over

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This poem is so cute! I think it’s a nice breather between some of the heavier poems on Violet. And I love the synergy between it and Cinnamon Girl :flutter:

I loved the cinnamon connection too!! This one and ringtone!! 

Spoiler

If u let me be myself

u will be the first one who ever did

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I loved the cinnamon connection too!! This one and ringtone!! 

Reveal hidden contents

If u let me be myself

u will be the first one who ever did

Yes! I’m hoping for some more lyrical parallels on Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates!

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes! I’m hoping for some more lyrical parallels on Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates!

Oh I’m sure they will be!! In that infamous QFTC post she mentioned that she was talking about how she was feeling now, in both the album and poetry book!

I can’t wait to see the connection!! I’ve been connecting Violet and NFR, every time I reread a poem I try to connect the feelings and mood to a song! There’s some that click right away and others I either find one or two, or none!

16 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

ok so it does reference the sushi restaurant lol it's cute tbh! To me Violet Bent Backwards is an extremely Los Angeles heavy work. I wonder if Behind the Iron gates will correlate more to the midwestern experience

I’m sure it will be! Since she’s talking about documenting her thoughts in both book and album, we already know the Midwest really got to her music wise, it’s only safe to assume Iron is also going to touch on that!

"Don’t forget me"

18 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

ok so it does reference the sushi restaurant lol it's cute tbh! To me Violet Bent Backwards is an extremely Los Angeles heavy work. I wonder if Behind the Iron gates will correlate more to the midwestern experience

Yes I think I was the person who told you it didn't, but I no idea that Sugarfish was a restaurant, ahahaha. Sorry. I thought it was just a word she made up.

I'm guessing this is probably about Chase as there were photos and videos of them at the Dodgers stadium. In fact, much of the book seems to be about a relationship that's very on/off and that she's unsure about, which really fits because they took some very obvious breaks throughout.

Also, I feel like this:

even more of my thoughts are charming
some are blue and borrowed

is a way of saying that she was thinking about marrying him (whoever "he" was).

Also someone in my Discord pointed out that it makes more sense if it's rosé and she probably just didn't have the e with the acute on her typewriter.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 10/3/2020 at 10:10 PM, JehovahThikness said:

this is actually really interesting because I notice some beat poetry influences in her work and I’ve always for whatever reason associated beat with NY/NYC, but then I read some of it and know it’s got midwestern stories and experiences behind it. but at the same time, beat was in California as well as NY so idk but i just found it interesting 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole