Elle

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass Merch Drop

6 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

omg when did they publish a Russian version!??! thank you, I just ordered a copy! (not from the link you sent, I couldn't get it confirm my phone number to make an account but I found a Russian book importer in Canada.... thank god I actually know a little Russian bc the site was in Russian even though its Canadian based)

I wonder if there are other versions that we don't know about. Lanapedia doesn't even mention a Russian edition, it must've been published recently

Found this on youtube:

yeah this one was published like in spring of this year and it was almost unnoticed by everybody so i think there are actually more versions out there!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

The Mongolian book cover ate, it's just so beautiful, reminds me of Honeymoon era tiny little bit! :wub:

On 8/26/2023 at 2:49 AM, SouthInGuy said:

Oh wow. I'm gonna need that Chinese version! Any clues where to get the Hungarian?

Here are all the versions, from Lana's merch fanpage! https://www.instagram.com/lanadelreymerch/guide/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-poetry-book/17909155943352868/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

url%5D

6 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

I'm surprised there aren't Portuguese, German, or Russian versions

Me, too. Germans translate kinda everything usually 😂

6 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

. None of the Swedish bookstores ship to the US. Not sure what they have against the US, they all ship to Canada :crai:

If they ship to Germany I can help you out. I think shipping books worldwide is not that expensive from Germany 

It was expensive watch it 

7 hours ago, Olympia said:

Me, too. Germans translate kinda everything usually 😂

If they ship to Germany I can help you out. I think shipping books worldwide is not that expensive from Germany 

That would be so nice of you! I think I'm going to wait another week or so to see if this Finnish shop comes through or not.... but if I really start to lose all hope I'll definitely message you! Now that I've started this translated book collection I'm becoming stubbornly committed to completing it :sluttybunny:

17 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

Where did you get the Swedish version? I ordered one from a bookstore in Finland almost a month ago, but it hasn't shipped and the status says they're "awaiting stock". So I doubt they are able to obtain it at this point. None of the Swedish bookstores ship to the US. Not sure what they have against the US, they all ship to Canada :crai:

I honestly don't remember where I got it from. I think it was a Swedish bookstore site but I really couldn't say which one. Wish I could help! I've gotten lucky with a couple of these just clicking on these websites I can't read or understand.

20 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

That would be so nice of you! I think I'm going to wait another week or so to see if this Finnish shop comes through or not.... but if I really start to lose all hope I'll definitely message you! Now that I've started this translated book collection I'm becoming stubbornly committed to completing it :sluttybunny:

Btw, I have just checked the shipping, would be between 10 and 20 EUR to US (I think they made it more expensive again) 

On 9/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, SouthInGuy said:

I honestly don't remember where I got it from. I think it was a Swedish bookstore site but I really couldn't say which one. Wish I could help! I've gotten lucky with a couple of these just clicking on these websites I can't read or understand.

It's okay, it turned out they just shipped it today finally! 1 month later.... they must've been following this thread and knew I was getting mad at them. Btw, I also just ordered the Hungarian version (even though I said I wasn't going to lol)... I bought it at https://www.lira.hu/hu/konyv/szepirodalom/felnottirodalom/vers-drama/violet-a-fuben-hatrahajol-2 .... they shipped it the next day and it's currently in transit to the US!

10 hours ago, Olympia said:

Btw, I have just checked the shipping, would be between 10 and 20 EUR to US (I think they made it more expensive again)

Ahhh it turns out we jinxed it because the Finnish store I bought it from finally just shipped it today. I ordered it on Aug 18 so it took almost a month for them to get a copy in stock to mail me. I ordered it from www.booky.fi in case anyone in the US is looking for somewhere to buy it.

Edited by rosemead ramada
fixed link

2 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

It's okay, it turned out they just shipped it today finally! 1 month later.... they must've been following this thread and knew I was getting mad at them. Btw, I also just ordered the Hungarian version (even though I said I wasn't going to lol)... I bought it at https://www.lira.hu/hu/ekonyv/szepirodalom-1/versek-1/violet-a-fuben-hatrahajol-ekonyv-epub-mobi .... they shipped it the next day and it's currently in transit to the US!

Ahhh it turns out we jinxed it because the Finnish store I bought it from finally just shipped it today. I ordered it on Aug 18 so it took almost a month for them to get a copy in stock to mail me. I ordered it from www.booky.fi in case anyone in the US is looking for somewhere to buy it.

Great, I'm happy for you. Hope you'll receive it soon. 

7 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

It's okay, it turned out they just shipped it today finally! 1 month later.... they must've been following this thread and knew I was getting mad at them. Btw, I also just ordered the Hungarian version (even though I said I wasn't going to lol)... I bought it at https://www.lira.hu/hu/ekonyv/szepirodalom-1/versek-1/violet-a-fuben-hatrahajol-ekonyv-epub-mobi .... they shipped it the next day and it's currently in transit to the US!

Man that took me a while to fumble through checking out on that website but I finally got it to work! Thank you so much for the link and the help! 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:20 PM, Divisive Princess said:

Wow I should've gotten that box when it dropped

It's funny you say that bc if you look back earlier in this very topic thread, tons of people thought the box was so stupid and pointless.

i absolutely love the box, it's some of my favorite Lana merch. the whole Violet era had really good merch in general. and i love how good the box smells inside!

My Swedish copy finally came!

wrhFDMj.png

This version is completely in Swedish, it doesn't even have the original English versions in it at all. All the other ones have both English and translations. Hopefully my Hungarian one comes soon too!

On 9/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, rosemead ramada said:

It's funny you say that bc if you look back earlier in this very topic thread, tons of people thought the box was so stupid and pointless.

i absolutely love the box, it's some of my favorite Lana merch. the whole Violet era had really good merch in general. and i love how good the box smells inside!

Adore mine as well. But I go crazy for boxes generally, must have been a cat in my last life. 😂

nuOczea.jpg

6mdEs4X.jpg

Hungarian edition has arrived! Just like the Swedish one this one doesn't have the original English poems in it at all, the book is entirely in Hungarian

Now I have them all except Chinese and Mongolian! (and the Russian one which I ordered and should be here in a few weeks)*

*editing to add it looks like the bookstore where I ordered the Russian version has disabled adding the book to your cart and now it says it's unavailable... i hope that doesn't mean bad things for my order :horror2:

Edited by rosemead ramada

5 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

nuOczea.jpg

6mdEs4X.jpg

Hungarian edition has arrived! Just like the Swedish one this one doesn't have the original English poems in it at all, the book is entirely in Hungarian

Now I have them all except Chinese and Mongolian! (and the Russian one which I ordered and should be here in a few weeks)*

*editing to add it looks like the bookstore where I ordered the Russian version has disabled adding the book to your cart and now it says it's unavailable... i hope that doesn't mean bad things for my order :horror2:

Ugh my Russian one is coming from the same store so hoping we both get it! My Hungarian version is on the way but stuck in UPS limbo....

2 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

Ugh my Russian one is coming from the same store so hoping we both get it! My Hungarian version is on the way but stuck in UPS limbo....

My Hungarian one took about a week between the tracking saying "sent to destination country" and "return item from customs". It came via USPS and just a heads up but I had to sign for mine and there weren't any more tracking updates after it left customs

11 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

Maybe you just got the last 2 copies