7. Thoroughfare
8. Gibson Girl
9. Ptolemaea
10. August Underground
11. Televangelism
12. Sun Bleached Flies
13. Strangers

how did you find this tracklist? 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

how did you find this tracklist? 

discord probably 

2 hours ago, bigspender said:

WE WON 

“Preachers Daughter” out May 12th

1. Family Tree (Intro)
2. American Teenager
3. A House in Nebraska
4. Western Nights
5. Family Tree
6. Hard Times
7. Thoroughfare
8. Gibson Girl
9. Ptolemaea
10. August Underground
11. Televangelism
12. Sun Bleached Flies
13. Strangers

a house in nebraska + televangelism is gonna be a cultural reset i can feel it

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

31 minutes ago, the ocean said:

discord probably 

a house in nebraska + televangelism is gonna be a cultural reset i can feel it

the house in nebraska demo is sooooo good i’m so excited to hear it fully 

giphy.gif

i wish gods country was on the album, that's her best song imo. (without the feature though, please remove that singing guy he sounds weird) 

40 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i wish gods country was on the album, that's her best song imo. (without the feature though, please remove that singing guy he sounds weird) 

inbred was never supposed to be included on her album, but also i agree about WPSE the demo with only her is so much better but it’s missing key parts in the final song:crossed:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

inbred was never supposed to be included on her album, but also i agree about WPSE the demo with only her is so much better but it’s missing key parts in the final song:crossed:

i literally thought it was mr hudson at first lmao

not crazy abt gibson girl, but it’s a serve nonetheless! sooo fucking excited for this album, more hyped for it than any other upcoming release <3

also, do we know which song is the long track (isn’t it like 20 minutes?)

40 minutes ago, bff said:

not crazy abt gibson girl, but it’s a serve nonetheless! sooo fucking excited for this album, more hyped for it than any other upcoming release <3

omg??? we won! venice bitch who

could someone post the track lengths (if we know them?) 

gibson girl is really growing on me, definitely sounds better produced than some of her other stuff and it's so cinematic :oprah:

i just wish she repeated that final chorus a few more times cus it sounds like the song really takes off but then it's over too suddenly 

1 hour ago, bff said:

the 20 minute song isn’t on there anymore :defeated: i think she said most recently the longest song is either 9-13 minutes. but there are no songs shorter than 4 minutes though. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

the 20 minute song isn’t on there anymore :defeated: i think she said most recently the longest song is either 9-13 minutes. but there are no songs shorter than 4 minutes though. 

we still won though :oprah: 

she said that she doesn’t care about the streams she’s gonna feed her children

i love gibson girl so much it’s definitely my in fav style of song that ethel bodies so well. that dark low and filthy vibe similar to unpublishable. makes me feel like paz de la heurta in enter the void 

im surprised that it was chosen as a single tho because even tho it’s my fave i expected them to push something more similar to crush out? she’s posted some clips on stories and tiktok etc with of songs a lot more similar to crush so i was just expecting something different as the lead?

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

we still won though :oprah: 

she said that she doesn’t care about the streams she’s gonna feed her children

BUT the 20 minute songs will probably be on the b sides coming later this year 

she also said she’s working to give us the official instrumentals as soon as it’s out :) 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, bigspender said:

BUT the 20 minute songs will probably be on the b sides coming later this year 

she also said she’s working to give us the official instrumentals as soon as it’s out :) 

B-SIDES?????? :oprah4:

I prefer the intensely sad Ethel (think Nettles, Strangers, Golden Age piano demo) and less of the hedonistic stuff like unpunishable, so the new song isn’t my fav Ethel moment ever but it’s still good. I have no doubt the album will be a nice balance of both kinds of songs. 

the fact that this and Florence are both coming on the same day means I will be FEASTING on may 13th.  

i did realize today that she is on a Dr. Luke label and that kind of bums me out a bit. Has she ever mentioned her connection to him?? 

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I prefer the intensely sad Ethel (think Nettles, Strangers, Golden Age piano demo) and less of the hedonistic stuff like unpunishable, so the new song isn’t my fav Ethel moment ever but it’s still good. I have no doubt the album will be a nice balance of both kinds of songs. 

the fact that this and Florence are both coming on the same day means I will be FEASTING on may 13th.  

i did realize today that she is on a Dr. Luke label and that kind of bums me out a bit. Has she ever mentioned her connection to him?? 

she’s said she has never talked or spoken to him and he controls nothing about her or her music. she also said the merch will come after the album because it’s still only her and her manager like inbred, so i honestly think the only thing RX does for her is the promotion? that’s kind of all she needs tbh. 

giphy.gif