princessdollie

Ethel Cain

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

weren't these the inbred cd bonus tracks minus crying during sex

yes, i can’t find the one she sent for crying during sex but i know she uploaded it s im gonna edit the post when i get back to my laptop 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, bigspender said:

yes, i can’t find the one she sent for crying during sex but i know she uploaded it s im gonna edit the post when i get back to my laptop 

i swear there is no drought when you are here PR-ing her :oprah:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, bigspender said:

@the ocean I added them:party:

sorry it took me so long to upload but I suggest getting the wavs somewhere or adding these deluxe tracks to Apple Music and listening to the whole album in lossless. its rlly great.

whenever you have time could you post crying during sex too? sorry to keep pestering you :bebe:

Obsessed with everything from Inbred and the new single... she really is giving me everything Lana hasn't for the past 5 or so years. I'm trying to get more into her - I listened to Golden Age and the immediate standouts for me where Knuckle Velvet and Head In The Wall. 

Out of curiosity, does Luke have anything to do with the production of her songs? Not asking because of moral issues, I just genuinely don't think he has the range to produce such eerily beautiful music :rip: I'm assuming the Luke connection stems from Lil Aaron sort of taking her under his wing

1 hour ago, White Dress said:

Obsessed with everything from Inbred and the new single... she really is giving me everything Lana hasn't for the past 5 or so years. I'm trying to get more into her - I listened to Golden Age and the immediate standouts for me where Knuckle Velvet and Head In The Wall. 

Out of curiosity, does Luke have anything to do with the production of her songs? Not asking because of moral issues, I just genuinely don't think he has the range to produce such eerily beautiful music :rip: I'm assuming the Luke connection stems from Lil Aaron sort of taking her under his wing

she’s owned daughters of cain LLC since early 2020, and in late 2020 DOC got licensed to RX songs under a promotional contract, so he doesn’t have anything to do with her or her music, the company just promotes her. she said she’s never seen or talked to him and nothing of hers goes through him at all.

golden age was produced by Yah Wav (formerly Little Triste, look up “white silas little triste nightmares EP if you want to hear some GREAT older music or hers)

Inbred was completely produced by hayden, except one of her friends being a live drum accompaniment. 

preachers daughter is also entirely produced by her and engineered by her and matthew tomasi who produced nicole dollanganger’s natural born losers and heart shaped bed.

giphy.gif

if ethel keeps the crying but sexy while also being christian vibe and just makes it a little more upbeat i think it'll be AOTY

i think inbred's fatal flaw is that it's just a little bit too slow and if it was just a little more upbeat it would be even better than it already is

btw i'm not saying inbred is bad by any stretch it's a fantastic record - i'm just saying what would take it from 10/10 to an 11/10

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

if ethel keeps the crying but sexy while also being christian vibe and just makes it a little more upbeat i think it'll be AOTY

i think inbred's fatal flaw is that it's just a little bit too slow and if it was just a little more upbeat it would be even better than it already is

btw i'm not saying inbred is bad by any stretch it's a fantastic record - i'm just saying what would take it from 10/10 to an 11/10

probably not gonna be upbeat i predict. have you listen to the demos already available and the ones she’s already sang live? i’m pretty sure like 2-4 songs will be upbeat more on the crush side of BPM but i still think it’ll be the classic ethel cain sound. we already know that family tree, gibson girl, a house in nebraska, televangelism, thoroughfare, and strangers are more downtempo. and that’s 6/12 (without counting the family tree intro, which i’m assuming will be downtempo too, making it 7/13 slower songs) 

i definitely like her more upbeat songs, and think songs like saddle up and romeo’s daddy would fit perfectly into the coming ethel cain story considering she’s a prostitute, but i’m thinking the next album in the trilogy will be more sexy nun inspired and dramatic 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

probably not gonna be upbeat i predict. have you listen to the demos already available and the ones she’s already sang live? i’m pretty sure like 2-4 songs will be upbeat more on the crush side of BPM but i still think it’ll be the classic ethel cain sound. we already know that family tree, gibson girl, a house in nebraska, televangelism, thoroughfare, and strangers are more downtempo. and that’s 6/12 (without counting the family tree intro, which i’m assuming will be downtempo too, making it 7/13 slower songs) 

i definitely like her more upbeat songs, and think songs like saddle up and romeo’s daddy would fit perfectly into the coming ethel cain story considering she’s a prostitute, but i’m thinking the next album in the trilogy will be more sexy nun inspired and dramatic 

it's still gonna be amazing :makeup2:

6 minutes ago, sheepie said:

is it true she did a cover of tammy faye by nicole dollanganger? if so do any of you have it 😩

it’s true, she sent the link to the soundcloud on discord in april 2020 but its since been deleted. i’ve never met anyone who has it.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

320 kbps - not sure why it's going up to 22 kHz if it's AAC

86Bca9b.png

try taking the “.m4a.mp3” off of it and seeing if the files corrupted because sometimes when you send things on discord, you have to add an attachment at the end but maybe she just added .mp3 and its true file type is AAC?

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, bigspender said:

try taking the “.m4a.mp3” off of it and seeing if the files corrupted because sometimes when you send things on discord, you have to add an attachment at the end but maybe she just added .mp3 and its true file type is AAC?

aac is still 320 regardless of whether there’s an mp3 at the end or not

5 hours ago, David555 said:

Unrelated subject but can i ask apple music and spotify which ones is bettel overalls

I've never tried apple music but I've heard that it pays the artists more fairly than Spotify does