TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

If her label had this much trouble with all the controversial sounds and images that went into this album, I can't imagine them pushing "Night Time, My Time" as a single, so this one's gonna be self-funded for sure :angie: I'm surprised they're not attempting a commercial single and video to get some payoff, though.

Just got back from her show! I got there around six and waited to get it at around 7, I was in the third row and there was the first opening act, we all thought it was the Smith Westerns but we were surprised because they were good... and then after they played, Smith Western actually opened again so there were two opening acts and no one knew. I wasn't a fan of most of the Smith Westerns' songs and I enjoyed the first opening act more, whoever they were. I need to find out because it's really bothering me.

Anyway Sky came out and threw white flowers at us in a red schoolgirl tartan dress. She looked really garage and very her. She did her whole album and during I Blame Myself she was crying because we all knew the words and you can tell she was so surprised and touched. Things got extremely messy during Omanko, Kristine and I Will. She did her whole album in order. Her voice was good, but there were so many parts where she was out of tune or there was just something really off about how she was singing. She was really cute and funny though, she talked a lot and kept smiling and everything. She really loves to get on the floor and the edge of the stage... during Kristine she pulled out lyrics and read them and threw them into the audience at the end of the song, that performance was really messy and kind of bad. The first few songs were definitely great... I Will was sort of messy, but Love On Stereo made everything better. Night Time, My Time was really trippy and messy just like the studio version and things got really sweaty and dark and intense all of a sudden. She then sang Everything Is Embarassing and had to start over because the band wasn't ready for her and she started singing earlier. She had another microphone to sing the distorted deep voice part and that was really cute. She then did Lost In My Bedroom and started crying after it ended because she was talking about how she wrote the song not even a block away from Webster Hall and she didn't think she would ever play here... and then she left, yeah. It was a fun show!

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Just got back from her show! I got there around six and waited to get it at around 7, I was in the third row and there was the first opening act, we all thought it was the Smith Westerns but we were surprised because they were good... and then after they played, Smith Western actually opened again so there were two opening acts and no one knew. I wasn't a fan of most of the Smith Westerns' songs and I enjoyed the first opening act more, whoever they were. I need to find out because it's really bothering me.

Anyway Sky came out and threw white flowers at us in a red schoolgirl tartan dress. She looked really garage and very her. She did her whole album and during I Blame Myself she was crying because we all knew the words and you can tell she was so surprised and touched. Things got extremely messy during Omanko, Kristine and I Will. She did her whole album in order. Her voice was good, but there were so many parts where she was out of tune or there was just something really off about how she was singing. She was really cute and funny though, she talked a lot and kept smiling and everything. She really loves to get on the floor and the edge of the stage... during Kristine she pulled out lyrics and read them and threw them into the audience at the end of the song, that performance was really messy and kind of bad. The first few songs were definitely great... I Will was sort of messy, but Love On Stereo made everything better. Night Time, My Time was really trippy and messy just like the studio version and things got really sweaty and dark and intense all of a sudden. She then sang Everything Is Embarassing and had to start over because the band wasn't ready for her and she started singing earlier. She had another microphone to sing the distorted deep voice part and that was really cute. She then did Lost In My Bedroom and started crying after it ended because she was talking about how she wrote the song not even a block away from Webster Hall and she didn't think she would ever play here... and then she left, yeah. It was a fun show!

Any sign of a Night Time, My Time CD?

Was it Nightmare and the Cat? :crying: Doubt it but they opened up my show and they were soooo good. I imagine they'd choose a NY band to add to the bill though.

Any sign of a Night Time, My Time CD?

I took a quick glance at the merch stand but they were mostly Smith Western CDs and Vinyls and Sky t-shirts.

Was it Nightmare and the Cat? :crying: Doubt it but they opened up my show and they were soooo good. I imagine they'd choose a NY band to add to the bill though.

Nope, I found out they were called Gangs of Youths.

Good pictures from the shitload of pictures I took on my FB here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152067747776694.1073741827.738416693&type=1&l=e254e68cdd

She looked cute. I didn't post all the derpy pics haha.

1470340_10152067748241694_647023755_n.jp

I was at Webster Hall and stayed for the whole show. EVERYTHING IS EMBARRASSING, INDEED. *rimshot*

No but seriously, she was bad. Her voice is shredded, she was stumbling around the stage, she would openly weep and then suddenly do this creepy baby doll laugh, she was rolling around on the floor or squatting or lying down - basically doing anything that didn't require her to stand up. She read the lyrics to Kristine off of a sheet of paper, and her audience banter was completely unintelligible. The only song she really rocked was "You're Not the One." She botched the beginning to "Lost in My Bedroom" and they had to start over, then she fucked up again in the middle and her band had to catch up to her.

Mess. Mess mess mess.

7NO8Lup.png
74BSrS9.png

:(  :(  :(

I think they pushed her too early to start singing again OR the prolonged misdiagnosis of vocal nodes caused her voice to permanently change

regardless, you NEVER tell your fans "you're trying". Never acknowledge you were terrible publicly to yourself or your fans

BzhmW.png

aww I feel really bad for her though :( 

Personally I wouldn't care if she didn't sound amazing because I like her so much I'm really just going to see her regardless of how she sounds. But I guess I understand that not everyone is a huge fan and some people were expecting good vocals for the money they paid. It may have come off like she didn't even try to make it worth their money with the crying, stopping, and apologizing. 

:(  :(  :(

Obviously these people suck because the whole 7 rows were GETTING IN IT because we all loved it. Some lowlights but she's just recovering from her vocal thing or w/e but yeah, she wasn't as bad as these people said. Lorde live > though

umm 

W0uEwhp.png

did miley decide this before or after sky was arrested....................lol i guess sky fans are going to have to see miley live if they want to see sky

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.