TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

3 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Theee Mike Dean of Wildflower Wildfire?! Wow, she missed big time :hillary:

@rancidgirl That sucks, as I really liked Don't Forget, oh well, onto the next unsuspecting producer

Mike Dean. Wow. And she's choosing to shelve that album because she didn't get a 20 million dollar roll out budget like H. :usrs:

It's kind of scary to think how much money gets put into marketing, I mean, when the budget is given some really cool things can be done, but woah :trisha:. Makes me think of the y2k popstars and boy/girl groups having to be put on every single magazine and TV station, now it's tiktoks and occasional brand/fashion deals. Sky should've conceded with a smaller rollout if that was what the fuss was all about- I mean, who wouldn't want a mass reveal for their work. I'm guessing 2-3 smaller album rollout, slowly accumulating more fans (and money for the label), they would've splurged a little more by now (in this alternate timeline) :noparty:....

20 millions dollars can feed a lot of homeless people. Waste of money seeing how H's album flopped despite it being a good album. 

Lana doesn't have to do anything. Her albums and streaming numbers do so well. Ocean Blvd sold 600,000 vinyl copies first week without promotion or music videos. The power. :silly:

im gonna bring it up here since sky is in it but oh my god female rage aesthetic makes me soooooo angry its so stupid :trisha: i was seeing what playlists mars argo was in on spotify and i find the most basic playlist ever called female rage with mars sky ethel and literally all my favs and like LEAVE THEM ALONEEEEEE THEY DO NOT NEED THIS GET OUTTA HERE NOWWWW

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

20 millions dollars can feed a lot of homeless people. Waste of money seeing how H's album flopped despite it being a good album. 

Lana doesn't have to do anything. Her albums and streaming numbers do so well. Ocean Blvd sold 600,000 vinyl copies first week:silly:

See this is intriguing because Lana and H both had pre-orders and multiple vinyl variants :true:- but Lana is much more established than H and our reigning queen of "when" Sky :um2:....we still need a NTMT repressing imo

1 minute ago, rancidgirl said:

im gonna bring it up here since sky is in it but oh my god female rage aesthetic makes me soooooo angry its so stupid :trisha: i was seeing what playlists mars argo was in on spotify and i find the most basic playlist ever called female rage with mars sky ethel and literally all my favs and like LEAVE THEM ALONEEEEEE THEY DO NOT NEED THIS GET OUTTA HERE NOWWWW

I think that's in trend with some zoomers, I see that Anya Taylor Joy clip being reposted a lot (on the topic of feminine rage). I think Mars' recent releases can fit that, especially because the insinuations are centered around past men I their lives. I guess "Don't Forget" had those undertones too, but I associated it more at the music critics/her label, then again, rage can be put towards anybody/thing :makeup:

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I think that's in trend with some zoomers, I see that Anya Taylor Joy clip being reposted a lot (on the topic of feminine rage). I think Mars' recent releases can fit that, especially because the insinuations are centered around past men I their lives. I guess "Don't Forget" had those undertones too, but I associated it more at the music critics/her label, then again, rage can be put towards anybody/thing :makeup:

i get being angry and writing music about it i literally loveeee music people write out of anger :trisha: i just feel like its a little objectifying to make female rage an aesthetic like idk viewing it as an aesthetic is kinda weird to me idk maybe im not seeing something with it but idk but those playlists need to leave my girls ALONEEEE (i literally saw portrait of a female by cruel youth and doin time by lana on that playlist too like those are not female rage at all:trisha:)

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

i get being angry and writing music about it i literally loveeee music people write out of anger :trisha: i just feel like its a little objectifying to make female rage an aesthetic like idk viewing it as an aesthetic is kinda weird to me idk maybe im not seeing something with it but idk but those playlists need to leave my girls ALONEEEE (i literally saw portrait of a female by cruel youth and doin time by lana on that playlist too like those are not female rage at all:trisha:)

That's odd?! Okay, that must definitely be a zoomer tiktok thing (everything MUST be a core or aesthetic). Doin' Time is not feminine rage :hillary:. The closest tie would be the giant in the music video picking up the cheating/flirty boyfriend, ugh, typing that makes me miss the fun of NFR.

Just now, margaret soty said:

I thought this thread was hot because Sky Ferreira had finally released the album. :awkney:

she did it was 15 tracks long including 2 demos of guardian and finders keepers and dont forget music video was released alongside it and the new version of downhill lullaby is almost 8 minutes and all my lovers die was way better in studio form and shes teasing a music video for innocent kind and then i woke up and there was another post about how her label is holding masochism back

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, rancidgirl said:

she did it was 15 tracks long including 2 demos of guardian and finders keepers and dont forget music video was released alongside it and the new version of downhill lullaby is almost 8 minutes and all my lovers die was way better in studio form and shes teasing a music video for innocent kind and then i woke up and there was another post about how her label is holding masochism back

+ a livestream from free.sky.ferreira, their tenacity should be applauded :trisha:- sky send them some rough demos

Just now, evalionisameme said:

No we’re engaging in Gender debates :true:care to add?

LMAOOOOOOOO

and i don't seem to mind

29 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I mentioned that before, it's true— Sky and Jorge had some issues following the release of Don't Forget. I'm not gonna elaborate much but hopefully they sort things out if they haven't already :biblio:

Give us a crumbbbb I need to know what happened