rightofjupiter

Lana performing with Nikki Lane at The Continental Club in Austin, Texas - January 22nd, 2022

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i passionately hate both country music and breaking up slowly

but

let lana have fun FxCFtDp.gif

Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of Nikki's music but she seems like a good, grounded friend 

People need to let Lana have her occasional yeehaw weekend in PEACE 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I think the issue for me is that country music is boring and ALWAYS sounds cheesy, no matter the context. It just... sounds bad. There's no country music that I enjoy. Even if Lana does country, i think i'd still be bored by it because country music all sounds the same to me without much variation and Nicki is fine and all, on her own, if you like that type of music but personally I don't. And I think that's a very valid opinion to have. We don't all have to like everything Lana does but we can hope that she does something we all like. Like imagine a duo album with FJM or Florence Welch or someone else who has that cinematic sound or can make the music that sounds really alive. Country doesn't sound alive, it just sounds like a bunch of hillbillies singing about their dog, beer, their man cheating or some girl they met at the trailer park, etc. Who caressss

regardless i'm glad Lana's singing in public again and maybe this means she'll return to doing a tour, even if it's a small tour. maybe another album out and she'll return. she's kind of missed the window of tour announcement if she wanted to do it with Blue Banisters or Chemtrails. i mean she still could if she wanted to but i don't think she wants to. 

that's only mainstream/modern country, which a lot of people would agree is a very "low-quality" trashy type of country compared to what it actually is/could be, technically, "summer wine" & "bang bang (my baby shot me down)" by nancy sinatra could be considered country, if you really want to stretch the definition of country, songs with a folk/steel guitar influence, such as "fade into you" by mazzy star, could also fit under that umbrella, or other folk classics, like "where did you sleep last night", of course, i'm not saying you have to like country at all in any of it's forms but i always feel inclined to point out the fact that "country" isn't just shitty mainstream hits about dirt-roads, trucks, & booty by some dude with a really emphasized southern accent, because that's a very incorrect definition of what country music actually is

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

@plastiscguy king pls I need u to recreate BUS with the instrumental in the live.

The studio version has a horrible production.....

The melody is haunting but jack messed up

At the moment I can't, my headphones are broken :bebe: but as soon as I get new ones, I'll definitely try! :sass:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

At the moment I can't, my headphones are broken :bebe: but as soon as I get new ones, I'll definitely try! :sass:

Yes pls.

Jack antonoff I hate u for ruining this perfect song. It had potential to be best country duo.

3 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of Nikki's music but she seems like a good, grounded friend 

People need to let Lana have her occasional yeehaw weekend in PEACE 

i feel like we all need a yeehaw weekend once in a while, even if we hate country...

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.