Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Despair is so amazing. Maps 3.0. They always deliver that ballad. Okay let me try to do an order from favorite to not-as-much favorite.

Slave

Despair

Area 52

Buried Alive

Sacrilege

Mosquito

Wedding Song

Subway

These Paths

Always

Under the Earth

All based on one listen, so order is subject to change. I like it all. I just think "Under the Earth" sounds a bit too filler-y and like a lesser version of "Buried Alive". "Slave" fucking SLAYS. I even hate to see "These Paths" that low but I guess that's just a result of me liking it all.

Time will tell if I'm biased.

Despair is so amazing. Maps 3.0. They always deliver that ballad. Okay let me try to do an order from favorite to not-as-much favorite.

Slave

Despair

Area 52

Buried Alive

Sacrilege

Mosquito

Wedding Song

Subway

These Paths

Always

Under the Earth

All based on one listen, so order is subject to change. I like it all. I just think "Under the Earth" sounds a bit too filler-y and like a lesser version of "Buried Alive". "Slave" fucking SLAYS. I even hate to see "These Paths" that low but I guess that's just a result of me liking it all.

Time will tell if I'm biased.

Not done evaluating yet. . . here are some observations for us to compare on, Sitar. :creep: 

1. 'Always' is just too little to be a song, i.m.o. Would have been a great interlude, and isn't bad per say, but it's just not that interesting and frankly rather boring. 
  2. Why do you like 'Slave' so much? I'm sure I'll like it more after I've listened to it a few more times, but so far I'm not impressed.  :noparty: 
  3. 'Area 52' is A W E S O M E. An alien song like only Karen could deliver...I haven't heard this much fire in her voice since what feels like forever. For all its beauty, no song on It's Blitz can match this song for energy. 
  4. I'm not willing to say that this will apply to me forever and always, but I think I prefer 'Wedding Song' to despair...the new 'Hysteric' and 'Little Shadow,' except they're both super-long feeling.  :cuteface: 

I just started playing 'Area 52' again, and my resident hamster is running like mad upon her wheel. 

Not done evaluating yet. . . here are some observations for us to compare on, Sitar. :creep: 

1. 'Always' is just too little to be a song, i.m.o. Would have been a great interlude, and isn't bad per say, but it's just not that interesting and frankly rather boring. 
  2. Why do you like 'Slave' so much? I'm sure I'll like it more after I've listened to it a few more times, but so far I'm not impressed.  :noparty: 
  3. 'Area 52' is A W E S O M E. An alien song like only Karen could deliver...I haven't heard this much fire in her voice since what feels like forever. For all its beauty, no song on It's Blitz can match this song for energy. 
  4. I'm not willing to say that this will apply to me forever and always, but I think I prefer 'Wedding Song' to despair...the new 'Hysteric' and 'Little Shadow,' except they're both super-long feeling.  :cuteface: 

I just started playing 'Area 52' again, and my resident hamster is running like mad upon her wheel. 

Bear with me, my browser closed, so I'm rewriting all of this.

1. Always is underwhelming...I remember not being too keen on the melody in the teaser anyway. Just filler, basically. I like the idea of making it an interlude, though.

2. Slave has the elements that all the best Yeah Yeah Yeahs songs do. Just feel the guitar, Madz...It reminds me of how the guitar is the best part of "Pin", as opposed to Karen. But also the kind of punk sexiness in her delivery and the melody of the chorus. Leading into...

3. I like how both Slave and Area 52 recall their earlier work, but with more interesting themes. They aren't so domesticated after all. In fact, a lot of what's great about Mosquito is that it recalls FTT and SYB but with more advanced production.

4. Ha, yes, it took a few more spins but Wedding Song definitely climbed the ranks. Maybe first or second now. In flames I'll sleep soundly. It's just so beautiful. Reminds me of a more mature Modern Romance / Poor Song. Which I guess it is. An older Karen is writing this. You know, I think I'm going to do another order now that I've had time to familiarize myself with the album.

Slave / Wedding Song - for reasons I already said

Buried Alive - what do you think of this song, Madrigal? It's a real shocker to me. I like it a lot.

Despair - Holds a definite place in a series of grand YYYs ballads like "Maps" and "Cheated Hearts", maybe even "Hysteric". Objectively the best written song.

Area 52 - We've got shrieking Karen going all out here, like a Fever to Tell song with a real Mosquito spirit.

Sacrilege - Just a brilliant song, great opener, perfect first single. Something I hope to always feel.

Mosquito / Subway - A toss-up because I love them both but they're each so very different. Mosquito is great for the same reasons that Area 52 is and is a more obvious jam. Subway, however, recalls Skeletons and Thank You Were Wrong and is very technically impressive.

These Paths - Solid, great production, a little long.

Under the Earth - Doesn't stand out but I'm giving it the chance to grow on me over time. A lot of people love this one so there must be something I'm not getting.

Always - Too simple.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are on the cover of the latest Spin magazine.

http://www.spin.com/articles/yeah-yeah-yeahs-mosquito-karen-o-cover-story-march-2013?utm_source=spintwitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spintwitter

It talks as much about Mosquito as it does the history of the band, which is pretty cool. Also Karen says this album will have a lyric booklet, unlike any of their previous albums, because she's tired of seeing people get the lyrics wrong. This has been a constant struggle for me as a fan, so yeah, big news :hooker:

I know! Finally, a booklet...so happy. (:

And I actually prefer UTE to BA...something about the former just clicked with me after a couple listens, in a way BA just hasn't yet. I'm sure i'll come around eventually, but i'm kinda sad it's not like LCD x YYY. :\

I like their explanation of the album title.

Just need to ask Karen about that eyesore of a cover

And what happened to the animated videos?  :smokes: 

Did you know Glee covered Heads Will Roll :creep:

I remember the night it aired I was in the peak of my Yeah Yeah Yeahs stanning (at the time, I guess, since there was an album to get excited for--surely after the concert I'll be much worse) and getting so many tweets that night like "Wonder what Chance thinks of this?" Needless to say, I was livid.

I like their explanation of the album title.

Just need to ask Karen about that eyesore of a cover

Wonder what the booklet will be like :assad:

Need to get my hands on this Spin issue, though, the interview is really good. Despite the journalist crutch of saying what people are eating. But anyway.

I remember the night it aired I was in the peak of my Yeah Yeah Yeahs stanning (at the time, I guess, since there was an album to get excited for--surely after the concert I'll be much worse) and getting so many tweets that night like "Wonder what Chance thinks of this?" Needless to say, I was livid.

Wonder what the booklet will be like :assad:

Need to get my hands on this Spin issue, though, the interview is really good. Despite the journalist crutch of saying what people are eating. But anyway.

Yes! Thank you, as a music journalist it irks me when they go on about what they're doing rather than what they said.

Rolling Stone is notorious for that but I still love it

BzhmW.png

I can't find a DL link for the album  :icant:

iTunes :mj:

waiting for the preorder price on amazon to drop it to 7.99 before I purchase :mj:

Sneaky :mj:

I probably spent $50 on mine, oop. Got dat limited edition signed lithograph, though. Still unsure what it'll be..hopefully a picture of the band and not the album cover :toofunny:

I just want the bonus tracks.  :crossed: 

Curious about the Subway demo. Hopefully they send me my digital pre-order around midnight so I can listen to the bonus tracks, as I'll be traveling the next day. But Subway has very cool production so I'd love to hear it a little stripped down and simple.

Then again, if it was just stripped down they probably would have labelled it "acoustic" like the other two. We shall see.

Are you buying it, Madrigal? :hooker:

i still need to listen to this, i luv sacrilege sfm

idk if anything will ever top show your bones for me though

I would say Mosquito is a lot more innovative, but doesn't touch the emotions on Show Your Bones.