Guest Dot

Your "Paradise Tour" Setlist

Guest Dot

So I was wondering what you guys think the setlist or the whole show should be like.

Here's my setlist:

ACT 1: Lolita

1. "Lolita"

2. "Off to the Races"

3. Medley:

• "This Is What Makes Us Girls"

• "Carmen" (Acoustic)

4. "Gods and Monsters"

5. "Yayo" (contains outro with samples from "Gymnopédie No. 1")

ACT 2: Born to Die

6. "Video Games"

7. "Blue Jeans"

8. "Born to Die"

9. "Dark Paradise"

ACT 3: Obsession

10. "Bel Air"

11. "American"

12. "Body Electric"

13. "Summertime Sadness"

ACT 4: Red, White, Blue

14. "Why Don't You Do Right?" (Jessica Rabbit cover)

15. "Million Dollar Man" (Acoustic) (includes a reprise of "Why Don't You Do Right?")

16. "Blue Velvet"

17. "National Anthem" (includes excerpts from "Happy Birthday, Mr. President")

18. "Without You"

ACT 5: Paradise

19. "Ride"

20. "Cola"

21. "Diet Mountain Dew"

22. "Radio" (includes a reprise of "Ride")

Every section will have a short monolog with Lana talking about the inspiration of each section.

ACT 1:

This section represents Lana's youth and the trouble she was going through.

Lana opens the show with "Lolita" after a short monolog, which will be a very playful and sexy performance. After "Lolita" she welcomes everyone and asks her fans if they want to be her "babies" tonight. She then performs "Off to the Races" and talks about her youth and all the troubles she had during that face of her life. She also talks about her being that crazy girl who was always out with her friends partying before she performs a medley of "This Is What Makes Us Girls" and the acoustic version of "Carmen". She talks about the inspiration behind "Gods and Monsters" before she starts performing it. She'll then talk a little bit about the song "Yayo" and starts performing it. She'll also flirt a little bit with her band members during that performance as the lights are turned down and Erik Satie's "Gymnopédie No. 1" starts playing as the monolog for the next act begins.

Her outfit will be very summery and more casual. Similar to what what she was wearing in the video for "Carmen", but more playful and "lolita-like".

The clothing theme of this section will be: "SPRING" - yellow, bright colours, flower-patterns, jeans,etc.

ACT 2:

This section talks about Lana's relationship with the guy she talks about in Blue Jeans, Video Games and Born to Die and how this relationship came to an end.

The monolog for this section will deal with the relationship mentioned above with Erik Satie's "Gymnopédie No. 1" playing.There will be a longer intro of church bells ringing after Lana's monolog about this section has ended. This intro blends right into "Video Games" with Lana performing under a single spotlight. As this song has ended the lights turn blue and she starts "Blue Jeans", saying that this is one of her favourite songs. After "Blue Jeans" is done she talks about the relationship that was the inspiration behind "Born to Die" and starts performing this song. The next song, "Dark Paradise" will have a more mysterious and darker them to it. Throughout the whole section there will be religious symbols on backdrops and accessories.

Her outfit during this section will be more classy than in the first section, but still youthful.

The clothing theme of this section will be: "SUMMER" - white, beige, light colours, dresses, jeans, angelic

ACT 3:

This section deals with obsession, rejection, suicidal thoughts, etc.

The section begins with a monolog where Lana talks about obsession and loving someone, who doesn't love you back or doesn't know how to appreciate you. "Bel Air" starts as lana rises from the ground. The stage is covered with smoke and the lights change their colours from time to time. Before Lana moves into the next song, which is "American", Lana talks about her former boyfriends and Axl Rose, as well as her love for the band "Guns 'n' Roses". After "American" is done Lana performs "Body Electric" with the lights turning green or blue. The whole performance has more of a darker theme than the previous ones. The next song is "Summertime Sadness" with Lana talking about the inspiration behind that song before she performs it. There will be an instrumental reprise of Summertime Sadness before the monolog of the next section begins.

Her outfit for this section will be a little 50's, late 40's inspired, something like what she was wearing in the "Blue Velvet" video or in the video for "National Anthem"

The clothing theme of this section will be: "ATUMN" - rosé, red, brown, aquamarine, light/warm colours

ACT 4:

This section deals with money, fame, success and all that stuff...

There will be a monolog with Lana talking about fame, love, success, money and how red, white and blue are a representation for that.

Lana will rise on a big, black piano as she opens this act with her rendition of "Why Don't You Do Right?" which ends abruptly as she goes into "Million Dollar Man". As "Million Dollar Man" ends, there will be a short reprise of "Why Don't You Do Right", before Lana moves into the next song, which is "Blue Velvet". The lights are dimmed and blue/purple. There will be a short speech of Lana were she talks about fame and success and how she tried so hard to get were she's at now. "National Anthem" starts and lights turn bright. The next song is "Without You", which also closes this section as the lights are turned down and the next monolog begins.

She will wear her most extravagant clothes in this section. This section will be quite Marilyn Monroe-inspired, with Lana wearing a blue fur or velvet piece for "Blue Velvet". She will also wear Satin gloves and diamond bracelets and earrings.

The clothing theme of this section will be: "WINTER" - red, blue, white, diamonds, fur, gloves, satin, silk, long dresses.

ACT 5:

This will be the closing act of the show representing Lana's paradise, a place where she can be herself and where she can forget her past, not having to care about love, death, fame, everything she has talked about in the previous acts. This section represents the redemption of her soul! The stage will feature fake plam trees and the backdrop will feature a ride on the "open road" that seems to be endless. Before Lana starts performing "Ride" there will be a monolog with Lana explaining her life how it is like now talking about her wishes for the future and how she has no regrets about the past. She's always moving, always trying to find her paradise, but for now, she's just trying to forget everything and and "just ride"! Lana will rise on the stage on a black motorcycle dressed very casual, with a flag (depending in which contry she'll be perform in) on the backseat. The motorcycle is placed on a movable platform which will turn as Lana satrts to sing the chorus for "Ride", while holding up the flag. After "Ride" Lana steps down from the motorcycle and starts to perform "Cola" with smoke covering the stage and a sunset being displayed on the screens. As the sun has set, the lights are turned off, as if the show has ended, but they are turned back on again as the music for "Diet Mountain Dew" starts playing with Lana putting on her "heart-shpaed sunglasses". As she finished performing "Diet Mountain Dew" she thanks everyone for coming to her show while dedicating the next song to everyone, who believed or did not believe in her. "Radio" starts playing and as soon as the songs done. She'll take a bow while the band plays a reprise of "Ride".

There won't be a specific clothing theme for this section, since this section is about Lana being herself.

I doubt she puts that much thought into the set list. This year, she didn't have a solid one.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

omg. This sounds great though!

Well, I have a playlist called "Paradise Tour" on my ipod, but I haven't thought of it to this extent...

Ride

Born to Die

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

National Anthem

American

Million Dollar Man

Summertime Sadness

Gods and Monsters

Yayo

Video Games

Bel Air

ENCORES:

Blue Velvet

Cola

Thats loads of songs :oh:

Mine:

1. Ride

2. Blue Jeans

3. This is What Makes Us Girls

4. American

5. Diet Mountain Dew

6. Gods and Monsters

7. Body Electric

8. Video Games

9. Yayo

10. Bel Air

Encore

11. Cola

12. Born To Die

I guess she can swap a song from the setlist and replace with a song from Paradise outtake or new song that she wrote for a movie :creepy:

UqS9LtM.jpg

Guest Dot

Thats loads of songs :oh:

Mine:

1. Ride

2. Blue Jeans

3. This is What Makes Us Girls

4. American

5. Diet Mountain Dew

6. Gods and Monsters

7. Body Electric

8. Video Games

9. Yayo

10. Bel Air

Encore

11. Cola

12. Born To Die

I guess she can swap a song from the setlist and replace with a song from Paradise outtake or new song that she wrote for a movie :creepy:

Well...she's obviosly not going to perform them all at once! :excited:

Guest Dot

For 50€ per tickets I do expect her to deliver. And by that I mean more than only 12 songs and a nice stage set-up.

I remember that she said during one of her concerts that she thinks her sets are too short so she keeps adding more songs to make them longer, eventhough she hates encores.

I remember that she said during one of her concerts that she thinks her sets are too short so she keeps adding more songs to make them longer, eventhough she hates encores.

I really don't expect her to pull off a big American show production with big screens, dancers and endless costume changes (Can you imagine that for real? :creep:) but I want at least a 90+ minute show and a nice stage. Even if it's just a bigger version of the stage she used for the US and Australian shows of the Born to Die Tour - I'm totally fine with that.

Well, she said she was going to show the graphics of her short film during the tour.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Guest Dot

Well, she said she was going to show the graphics of her short film during the tour.

Awesome! I guess we're going to get videos for every song on Paradise! :legend:

How many songs do artists usually do? Or how long do they perform for... or is there no average?

Lana did around ten songs last year, some artists do 20, it really depends.