Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Doing the flashback is, like, exactly what I wanted and literally she did it I can't :icant:

"Electra Heart" is soooo good too I'll be jamming the fuck out to get rid of the crushing sadness.

It ends so abruptly, though, might it be a shortened version like the EVOL video?

Doing the flashback is, like, exactly what I wanted and literally she did it I can't :icant:

"Electra Heart" is soooo good too I'll be jamming the fuck out to get rid of the crushing sadness.

It ends so abruptly, though, might it be a shortened version like the EVOL video?

I think it's an abrupt end because it's just the end of Electra, she came and went

To end the entire album campaign, the idea was very well crafted, the tour was great and the follow through of the concept was all executed properly. Too bad it wasn't more successful

BzhmW.png

How is everyone organizing these EH outtakes? I had the original 17 EH songs together, Just Desserts as a single, and EVOL in my unreleased EP, but I don't know what to do with Electra Heart.. If we has a cover for it I might just make it a single too...

H0bDaqU.gif

How is everyone organizing these EH outtakes? I had the original 17 EH songs together, Just Desserts as a single, and EVOL in my unreleased EP, but I don't know what to do with Electra Heart.. If we has a cover for it I might just make it a single too...

I lumped Electra Heart, EVOL and Just Desserts in a folder named Extra Electra Heart Songs although for itunes I think Electra Heart Outtakes works

BzhmW.png

I'm really anal about labeling things as singles if they're not actual iTunes singles. I have the unreleased tracks (like the other girls, scab and plaster, miss y etc) in an album labeled unreleased. I have e.v.o.l. just desserts and electra heart with no album title for now.

tumblr_mr8c9k48T81qcholvo1_1280.png

can somebody please help me with these dates?

By the way, does somebody have the 09 iTunes fest performance?

Eep I have 2007 for almost all of those, that can't be right...

GP4Pk1j.png

I love the last film I just wish it was longer and she didn't use so many clips from Power & Control and Fear & Loathing. 

The song is kinda generic, I thought it was so hyped, I love it but it's just so not her. It explains why she never made it on the album. 

The video is kind of lazy but I know she's broke now so whatever. I like that at the end she wipes the heart off her face, I think that's a really great way to kill Electra, however I wish it was longer than just a second at the end and then blackness... She didn't even wipe it off, it was still there... it would've been perfect if she actually smudged it/got it off her face and then reflected for a second. It's just so quick...

And the song is good but not as good as I expected I guess. It's really repetitive. I probably won't use it much. 

This is my opinion on Electra Heart ending as posted by me on tumblr:

I KNOW I’m one of Marinas biggest fans so it feels kind of weird that I’m not upset that Electra Heart is over at all and everyone on my dash is acting suicidal… In fairness I think a lot of her fans now didn’t know her until the Electra Heart era, I became obsessed when The Family Jewels came out. I’m ready for a new era, and while I was in love with the Electra heart concept for the longest time, it’s gotten stale and she needs new material. Electra Heart has turned into a whiny teenage girls diary. I related to a lot of it but like I’m done with it now and I’m glad it’s over. I will still always appreciate the great songs on the album and the looks inspired by it.

Update on ~cohesive Electra Heart~ playlist (which is pretty much the only way I listen to the album unless I'm listening to the CD in the car)

1. Radioactive

2. Lonely Hearts Club

3. Power & Control

4. Lies

5. Starring Role

6. Teen Idle

7. EVOL

8. Just Desserts

9. Sex Yeah

10. How to Be a Heartbreaker

11. Bubblegum Bitch

12. Primadonna

13. Homewrecker

14. Living Dead

15. Electra Heart

16. Valley of the Dolls (Su-Barbie-A Version)

17. Buy the Stars

18. Hypocrates

19. The State of Dreaming (Archetypes Version)

20. Fear and Loathing

"Electra Heart" is a great addition because in this format it seems to shine a light on her regrets with this persona. "Can we go back to the start?" :flutter:

Update on ~cohesive Electra Heart~ playlist (which is pretty much the only way I listen to the album unless I'm listening to the CD in the car)

1. Radioactive

2. Lonely Hearts Club

3. Power & Control

4. Lies

5. Starring Role

6. Teen Idle

7. EVOL

8. Just Desserts

9. Sex Yeah

10. How to Be a Heartbreaker

11. Bubblegum Bitch

12. Primadonna

13. Homewrecker

14. Living Dead

15. Electra Heart

16. Valley of the Dolls (Su-Barbie-A Version)

17. Buy the Stars

18. Hypocrates

19. The State of Dreaming (Archetypes Version)

20. Fear and Loathing

"Electra Heart" is a great addition because in this format it seems to shine a light on her regrets with this persona. "Can we go back to the start?" :flutter:

Oooh. I love thissss. 

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png