Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Honestly I like the lyrics of gold a lot and it's really cute, but I'm not the hugest fan of the production. It's almost a little too... Idk.. Western? Idk why I get that vibe, but because of all the gold rush references I imagine like a desert. I don't really know how to describe it.

What's the new froot/vid?

I think it's Forget/green apple, but because of the moved release it wouldn't surprise me if she did both?

Either way we have Forget/Gold left and green apple/orange

BzhmW.png

The thing is, everyone calls Savages and Immortal cliche and pretentious or whatever, but I don't think they are. I really do think she's a good enough lyricist to pull them off. I think the people who think they sound pretentious or cheesy perhaps think so because they don't expect such "deep" material from a pop artist who wrote a song called "how to be a heatbreaker".

You're the biggest Marina fan here so you'll obviously say this kind of things. Ignore those who think she sounds cliche/pretentious.

Honestly I like the lyrics of gold a lot and it's really cute, but I'm not the hugest fan of the production. It's almost a little too... Idk.. Western? Idk why I get that vibe, but because of all the gold rush references I imagine like a desert. I don't really know how to describe it. 

Yeah the Gold lyrics are quite good but wtf? The production is AMAZING.

You're the biggest Marina fan here

:teehee: You really think so? I'm flattered. 

When she released Electra Heart I was just starting to get into Charli, and since Marina took such a long hiatus after EH and during it kept making "sellout" moves and coming off as more contrived, I hopped on Charli as my new fave. But I would definitely say Marina is back full force. She is undeniably the queen of pop.  :legend:

How weird, I get a wet vibe from it because of the almost dripping noise in the instrumental. But she does say the words "sand" and "gold rush" so maybe :deadbanana:

I love the new interview by the way, I like hearing about how she got her start.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

In case you missed a signed copy of FROOT on her site a few months ago, Warner Music is selling some on their website! They sold out yesterday, but they just added more! I had to have one, ugh, I can't wait to have the signed box set as well. :defeated:

lABVyGE.png

The physical version will be released in April, right? Can't wait to see the booklet  :flutter:

Some say March, some say April. I'm crossing my fingers on March. 

lABVyGE.png