Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I don't see how Savages and Immortal are deep at all... I mean Obsessions, Rootless, Teen Idle, Fear And Loathing, I'm Not A Robot, Power and Control, Valley Of The Dolls and many others are very deep... Even Homewrecker and Bubblegum Bitch are deeper than Savages and Immortal. Savages and Immortal are extremely cliche and cringeworthy imo.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

The album was definitely a grower. Today I listened to it all the way through and felt it was more complete than I thought the first time I listened.

And Immortal and Savages aren't really deep, but I enjoy songs like that, and Sex Yea and Hollywood, that just sorta come across as Marina's musings. I don't think they're ever meant to be profound, but their cliche-ness is cute, I think.

Try again :eartha: ...you mean Blue!

Smh y'all Weeds is definitely the wost. Honestly Gold didnt grab my attention at first but I really love it now. The only song I absolutely cannot get into is Weeds, though it is sweet.

:rip: noooooo

lABVyGE.png

Forget is heartbreaking especially the outro and how she just ends the song with "sometimes you have to learn to forget about it" like idk but i feel like that one line is so powerful and delivers so much emotion from marina

RVhKIwP.gif

God she looks good

i think everyone can agree that gold is the worst song on the album :pft:

Byeeeeee, Better Than That was my initial fave but now it's definitely Gold

Savages isn't that deep or clever but its no worse than listening to one of the billion cheesy songs about relationships that are out there. At least there is some variety to it. The melody is killer though and I like the instrumental (same for Immortal).

I still love Froot a lot, but I also really like I'm a Ruin and Solitaire. I'm also very curious about a video for Gold. I imagine a glowing neon lagoon when I hear it. The only song I'm not crazy about is Better Than That. It kind of clunks along and doesn't have a nice flow really. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.