Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

ok guys, I think it's been long enough to do some initial rankings...

1. Blue

2. Better Than That

3. Happy (it's hard to rank because it personally effected me a lot when I heard it, but I don't think it has a ton of replay value. It was more about the lyrics and a certain mood)

4. Solitaire

5. Savages

6. Immortal

7. Froot

8. Forget

9. I'm a Ruin

10. Can't Pin Me Down

11. Gold

12. Weeds

Thoughts?

How tf are you going to put Froot and I'm A Ruin under the sleep inducing Immortal

BzhmW.png

ok guys, I think it's been long enough to do some initial rankings...

1. Blue

2. Better Than That

3. Happy (it's hard to rank because it personally effected me a lot when I heard it, but I don't think it has a ton of replay value. It was more about the lyrics and a certain mood)

4. Solitaire

5. Savages

6. Immortal

7. Froot

8. Forget

9. I'm a Ruin

10. Can't Pin Me Down

11. Gold

12. Weeds

Thoughts?

Weeds as the last song? CPMD as 10? Forget as 8? 

HONESTLY I CAN'T RATE THIS ALBUM AS ALL. it's too hard. this album is golden. the only song I don't like is Savages, tbh.

lABVyGE.png

My ranking after a few listens:

1. Blue

2. Forget

3. Solitaire

4. Happy

5. Weeds

6. I'm A Ruin

7. Gold

8. Savages

9. Froot

10. Better Than That

11. Can't Pin Me Down

12. Immortal

5 days and hundreds of plays later...

1. Gold

2. Blue

3. Can't Pin Me Down

4. I'm a Ruin

5. Solitaire

6. Froot

7. Happy

8. Forget

9. Better Than That

10. Weeds

11. Savages

12. Immortal

I love all of them  :defeated: Except Immortal and Savages

Okay so Blue isn't my least favorite song now... I think it is Solitaire. They're both bad anyway lol.

And tf @ the Savages hate  :biblio:

12. Weeds

What are you saying? That you agree or that I'm horribly wrong? lol..

Gold is good, but I just don't like it as much as the songs I put before it. I don't dislike a single song on the album. And I know a lot of people dislike Immortal but I think it's really beautiful soo...

What are you saying? That you agree or that I'm horribly wrong? lol..

Gold is good, but I just don't like it as much as the songs I put before it. I don't dislike a single song on the album. And I know a lot of people dislike Immortal but I think it's really beautiful soo...

I was just saying that I agree! Meaning I don't know my ranking yet, but I do know "Weeds" is my least favorite.

H0bDaqU.gif

My ranking

1 Better Than That

2 Forget

3 Froot

4 Solitaire

5 Happy

6 Gold

7 Savages (The lyrics are embarrassing but the melody is catchy as hell tbh)

8 Weeds

The rest are awful:

9 Can't Pin Me Down (What the fuck happened to her vocals in this song)

10 Blue

11 Immortal

12 I'm A Ruin

I AM MY ONLY GOD

This is my rating after listening to the album a few times.

01. Savages - reminds me of the TFJ era alot and I love everything about it .. her vocals, the instrumental, the production, the lyrics ... everything.

02. Froot - sadly this song didn't really depicted on how the album whould be, as it's actualyl quite unique on the album. Still, the Greek Goddess visiting the Rainbow Disco - sound slays.

03. Immortal - I like the lyrics and the ballroom-esque feeling of this ballad a lot. Also, this unexpected guitars during the chorus #VOTDvibes

04.Solitaire - The fragile vibe of this song combined with this ethereal beat and the voice-filter is really special.

05. Better than That - a really fun song.

06. Can't Pin Me Down - my least favourite song on the first listen, this one really grew on me. The melody is really nice.

07. Forget - a unique and raw sounding song which manages to transport a feeling of being exhausted and tired while still being upbeat.

08. I'm A Ruin - I guess the song really grew on me. Still nothing spectacular, but pretty catchy and nice, even though it can't catch up to Hollywood and Primadonna as a radio single.

09 Happy -  I love how this builds up from fragile and cold to warm and finally dramatic.However, I think the second part of the song is a bit .. messy.

10. Blue - Another grower. I guess if it wasn#t for the lyrics, I would like it less. Its nicely produced, but just not my kind of thing I guess.

11. Gold - Very unique, however a bit strange aswell. I like how it is a chill song, especially the chorus is interesting, but it's notsomething I listen to very often or something I really needed her to do.

12. Weeds - Don't get me wrong, that's a pretty solid song with nice lyrics, however NOTHING about it makes me care very much for it. Neither her vocals, nor the melody or instrumental are spectacular.

Don't know why everyone is so cross about the lyrics of Immortal and Savages. They are meant to depict her personal thoughts and  think they are quite nice.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1. Happy
  2. I'm a Ruin
  3. Froot
  4. Better Than That
  5. Savages
  6. Gold
  7. Immortal
  8. Forget
  9. Solitaire
  10. Blue
  11. Can't Pin Me Down
  12. Weeds

Forget and Weeds are extremely basic like I listen to them but then I completely forget the melodies.

I don't know why everyone clings to Better Than That... I mean, such a juvenile lyric, I think that should suit more a letter than a song, and people think "ooh, marina's so sassy and risky!" but whenever you're trying to shade someone and you put that into your art it looks basic and really childish.

I had real high hopes with this album and seriously, it is such a letdown. At least compared to TFJ and EH. If Froot was her first album maybe I'd dig it.

But I know she can do better than that.