Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Y'all I made a blog about my thoughts with Marina's albums :)

I put effort in it so pls :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

https://instagram.com/p/Bfw_jiLBy91/
another cute mono-colored outfit

This selfie and the one with the pink headband taken last week both have the same emoji in the caption... 

What does it mean? Hinting at an album title or song name? The official name of the emoji is "amphora," which means "a tall ancient Greek or Roman jar with two handles and a narrow neck." 

shook, the world "amphora" alone sounds very Marina-esque

giphy-1.gif 

This selfie and the one with the pink headband taken last week both have the same emoji in the caption... 

What does it mean? Hinting at an album title or song name? The official name of the emoji is "amphora," which means "a tall ancient Greek or Roman jar with two handles and a narrow neck." 

shook, the world "amphora" alone sounds very Marina-esque

idk i feel like she just likes the emoji lol

Marina hung out with Grimes today!

http://instagram.com/p/BfxulTfAFUd/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Mowgli's Road is THAT bop!

I still lose my shit to it even after all these years. I mean, who the fuck thinks to put screeching monkeys, crazy "cuckoo" sounds, and a cacophony of clashing cutlery noises in a song?? Like, what kind of genius! And I still wonder how the fuck Marina pulled it off!

I'll never get why they didn't push "Lies" into a real single treatment or the lack of promo for Power & Control

The whole mess with HTBAH was not worth it

She isn't great with promotion, sadly. Her management has always been lazy and she doesn't help a lot :( EH and FROOT could've been so popular and slay the charts

Mowgli's Road is THAT bop!

I still lose my shit to it even after all these years. I mean, who the fuck thinks to put screeching monkeys, crazy "cuckoo" sounds, and a cacophony of clashing cutlery noises in a song?? Like, what kind of genius! And I still wonder how the fuck Marina pulled it off!

tea, considering the whole album is ~lo-fi~ the production sounds expensive (idk how to word it lol)

She isn't great with promotion, sadly. Her management has always been lazy and she doesn't help a lot :( EH and FROOT could've been so popular and slay the charts

true. also, did she use the same team from EH for FROOT? i though she did way better with promo in FROOT than EH. the fact she performed in GMA (American tv!) was surprising 

tea, considering the whole album is ~lo-fi~ the production sounds expensive (idk how to word it lol)

true. also, did she use the same team from EH for FROOT? i though she did way better with promo in FROOT than EH. the fact she performed in GMA (American tv!) was surprising 

Pretty sure it happened because they always tried to bring her into america way "deeper" than Europe since EH. 

Electra Heart had some messy TV lives if I remember correctly but I'm almost sure she did Lies like Twice and never did P&C.

FROOT was interesting because of Good Morning America but still kinda messy, I guess the album leak months prior release only made it worst... she also did Festival Season prior the release so that was kinda interesting.