Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I don't even think Superstar is generic. There's just some trap beat in the chorus, it's not like she's rap/singing or trying to make her version of 7 Rings. Just say you don't like the song and go.

...what’s that got to do with the fact she makes mainstream pop music? I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I love Charli, but she’s a pop singer

yes but charli alternates between pop for singles and a distinctly left of centre sound for her mixtapes, there's nothing wrong with pop it's just marina has been pure pop mostly since electra heart(bar a few songs on froot) so I don't know why people are expecting her to be serving new wave and indie pop numbers on this record.

Saying that though I do hope the lyricism is more handmade heaven than superstar.

I think it's just that im comparing it to froot too much and that it had kind of high bar of expectations. With froot we got Froot and Happy as first two singles and well those are amazing songs. HH and SS are good/okay, but not on the same level. 

I think it's just that im comparing it to froot too much and that it had kind of high bar of expectations. With froot we got Froot and Happy as first two singles and well those are amazing songs. HH and SS are good/okay, but not on the same level. 

Well let's analyze that here real quick... Yes, Happy and Froot are amazing songs and amazing single choices (Blue was great too btw) but can we say the same for the rest of the album? No, not really, the album itself wasn't that great comparing it to the other 2 tbh. However, I think every album on Marina's discography has their bad songs and their very very good songs so why don't we just wait for the rest to be released?

But that's my opinion I guess, I just think we shouldn't compare albums at all 'cause they all have their own charm and flavors. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Well let's analyze that here real quick... Yes, Happy and Froot are amazing songs and amazing single choices (Blue was great too btw) but can we say the same for the rest of the album? No, not really, the album itself wasn't that great comparing it to the other 2 tbh. However, I think every album on Marina's discography has their bad songs and their very very good songs so why don't we just wait for the rest to be released?

But that's my opinion I guess, I just think we shouldn't compare albums at all 'cause they all have their own charm and flavors. 

OH yes I'm actually not the one saying this album will be bad  :P . I was just explaining why these two singles feel less out there for me. I still have good faith for the rest of the album!

And yes Froot did have it's dud's as well, Electra heart....maybe one song, the family jewels is perfect though :defeated: . I sang the whole album a few times in the last days and realized this really is just my favorite album ever made. It has so much personality it's insane.

Again I miss weird/ironic TFJ marina she's been...okay since then

I mean up until Froot she’s been weird/ironic. Yeah, to a lesser extent, but Froot was definitely weird and one of her best lyrics/melodies

but can we say the same for the rest of the album? No, not really, the album itself wasn't that great comparing it to the other 2 tbh. 

The fuck  :creep: It had higher production value and cohesivity than EH and TFJ did

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

I still wanna know if both album covers will be used on streaming services. I was hoping so but the cover where she looks mad was used on Superstar which is part of the Love part of the album so idk. I just really want the other one to be used aswell.

qfrWuBl.png

ANYWAYS...if we're getting another single (and if it follows the pattern of being three weeks after the last one)...we should be getting a new single March 22nd. (probably Karma)

(hopefully it's received better overall than the other 4 songs we have from the album because jeez.....literally all of them have divided the fans into 50/50 'it was trash' / 'i loved it!')

ANYWAYS...if we're getting another single (and if it follows the pattern of being three weeks after the last one)...we should be getting a new single March 22nd. (probably Karma)

(hopefully it's received better overall than the other 4 songs we have from the album because jeez.....literally all of them have divided the fans into 50/50 'it was trash' / 'i loved it!')

either that week or the week after. maybe that week and then 3 weeks after that is two weeks before the album comes out, so maybe another buzz one to get the hype ready for the album the week after.

Anyways let's agree that Charli and Marina are totally different artists and there's not point on comparing them. :)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It's so cute that the Love + Fear pre release thread on Diamond Garden has only 4 pages... Meanwhile, here we are with 1226 pages on the NFR thread with no important information at all lol

that's because diamond garden has like 3 active members

:toofunny:

OH yes I'm actually not the one saying this album will be bad :P . I was just explaining why these two singles feel less out there for me. I still have good faith for the rest of the album!

And yes Froot did have it's dud's as well, Electra heart....maybe one song, the family jewels is perfect though :defeated: . I sang the whole album a few times in the last days and realized this really is just my favorite album ever made. It has so much personality it's insane.

Yes, I agree with TFJ being just perfect, the only song I don't like is Rootless. TFJ is still THAT album! And I'm so sorry, I think I confused your post with another one or misunderstood it or something.

The fuck :creep: It had higher production value and cohesivity than EH and TFJ did

Really? You think so? Idk, I didn't like most songs on it but that's just my opinion I guess.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Watch Superstar being better than HH

Handmade Heaven, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that an ugly ass bitch like me would even say that. Oh my god.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: