Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

tbf the ARTPOP demos are superior. they've got so much more grit to them and they're not these polished radio friendly songs. the 6-minute Swine demo is superior, along with the Burqa demo with that extra Zedd bridge. Sex Dreams demo is amazing as well, and the more aggressive vocals takes in the MJH demos. 

some demos were indeed perfect and didn't need to be altered, but to say that they're all better than the final album? ma'am i will not stand this, the artpop bandwagon hate has ended since a couple of years already and it needs to be treated as the great album that it is, period! :crossed:

my tweet :rip:

tumblr_inline_ppzckoz72h1th58sx_540.jpg

some demos were indeed perfect and didn't need to be altered, but to say that they're all better than the final album? ma'am i will not stand this, the artpop bandwagon hate has ended since a couple of years already and it needs to be treated as the great album that it is, period!  :crossed:

i actually really love ARTPOP and i mean it as the biggest complement. i just love how more raw those demos feel, rather than the purposely radio cut versions that ended up on the album (despite me loving them too).

the fact that l+f demos are leaking first than froot demos......

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the fact that l+f demos are leaking first than froot demos......

she worked with more people this time, hence why they're more out there than FROOT. she only worked with David on FROOT, so they're literally just been her and him (despite IMHA getting out).

Am I the only one that thinks the lyrics fit much better with the original production? :rip:

artpop and witness were actually amazing albums but go off being tasteless i guess

ma'am you're skinny but witness?? an amazing album??? i have to scream

The chorus in the demo sounds so much like No One by Alicia Keys?

Like...

"You, yeah you bring me down

Yeah you shut me out

But all I know is 

Everything's gonna be alright"

(no one.... etcc) 

edit: ok it doesn't sound like that but my mind for some reason links the two together 

It's sad how Lana stopped acknowledging Marina's existence after she released her generic album & flopped.

After the success of the original & beautiful NFR, I doubt Lana would even like to associate with her anymore now.

:(

l+f was gonna flop anyways, like it's not news

also, do you think lana doesn't want to be marina's friend anymore just bc you disliked her new album? interesting