Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Apparently, You is the only case where its demo is better than the final version

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Wheres the You snippet?

sweetie...

Here's the only HQ but tagged snippet

https://youtu.be/3P90cx2f5Ms

It’s truly sad that Marina felt the need to mess around and change 2 of what could have been the best songs on all of L+F. The demos of You and Karma are far better than what we got, and they sound so much truer to Marina’s sound and style than the mellow vibes and tropical Spanish guitar. You was SO much more emotional and powerful before, the fact she shouted “YOU!” repeatedly really elevated the song and made you feel the conflict she’s having with the person she’s singing about and how it’s all about “YOU!”. Luckily people have these demos and so it gives me hope they’ll both leak one day in HQ, but until then I’m sorry I ever heard the snippets because they’ve haunted me ever since...

It’s truly sad that Marina felt the need to mess around and change 2 of what could have been the best songs on all of L+F. The demos of You and Karma are far better than what we got, and they sound so much truer to Marina’s sound and style than the mellow vibes and tropical Spanish guitar. You was SO much more emotional and powerful before, the fact she shouted “YOU!” repeatedly really elevated the song and made you feel the conflict she’s having with the person she’s singing about and how it’s all about “YOU!”. Luckily people have these demos and so it gives me hope they’ll both leak one day in HQ, but until then I’m sorry I ever heard the snippets because they’ve haunted me ever since...

Girl... You're probably right about the You demo but Karma demo is just not better than the final... The production of the final is way more funny and enjoyable, I think it's perfect as it is :tea:

Karma is one of my favorite songs on the album and I really liked its message, but I'm glad she decided to change the production because the demo is just not it...

c a n t h e s e h o a r d e r s s t o p t e a s i n g s n i p p e t s a n d s t a r t t o l e a k t h e f u l l t r a c k s j e s U s

Anyway, You demo is not like a banger or sumn but definitely sounds better than the final

leak ha