Sign in to follow this  
pinupgirls

Connecticut School Shooting

Just some recent news, did anyone else hear about that massive school shooting? I just don't understand how a person could go into an elementary school and start shooting innocent children who haven't even started life yet.

Keep them in your prayers

candle-white_42.png

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

i heard about it. it made me feel physically sick, it's so awful to see things like that. i'm so tired of this dystopia of a world, those people didn't deserve to die at all. it's fucking sick.

(wow i'm sounding like alice glass here :wat: )

4r9w86.jpg

I was literally crying for 45 minutes when I saw it on the news. And that teacher that moved the children in the toilets, what a brave woman. She deserves a bravery award.

It's horrible to find this out, and probably parents of children will be distraught when seeing the news about it and cause them to not trust the school their child goes to.

It makes me fortunate to be living, because that could happen anywhere to anyone.

Okay now an angry point of view

Did you see that picture of the person who shot them? Even though that picture is from 7 years ago, I woudn't predict any positive changes to his looks. His hair reminded me of some film where aliens had a massive brain but I can't think.

And his brother posting on facebook saying 'it wasn't me, i wasn't at work' no one cares about that, I think he was involved in getting the weapons, because he was an accountant, and his mother, who was killed by him, has a licence to have weapons

So 25% of the fault was the family.

Apparently he had autism. No parent who has a child with autism should have a licence to have weapons. It's just encourages the troubled child to try it out.

He was 20 year old, and he shot himself, he also had no life, but to be honest, I hope he burns in hell.

The fact that someone could come into my school and shoot the receptionist and then go around the school.. It makes me feel insecure now, and I don't like my feelings.

'How did it get this way, I don't know' By it, I mean the world.

okay i don't know what to write and i needed to talk about something

but i found it very emotional.

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

I needed a little lie down after hearing about it on the news. There's a lot I don't understand about the world, granted that is largely due to the fact I'm quite young but I just feel like I'll never understand the emotions and thoughts behind something this horrifying. At least not properly. I can sympathise with a lot of rage and mental instability, I can even excuse some cruel actions because I can understand both sides, but nothing like this. I don't think I could ever kill someone I knew to be innocent.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It's absolutely horrifying! Those poor children. The children who were murdered were all 6 and 7 for crying out loud... murdering them was just cowardly. I heard one child was shot 11 times!!

Some of the teachers at the school are fucking heroes.

I know a lot of Americans hate it when British people say this... but how many more of these mass shootings need to occur before the US changes it's laws on guns?

20r46kx.jpg

I'm going to sound awful here, but these sorta things never really bug me in anyway. I realize it's terrible and all but it never really concerns me. When I heard about this though, I felt sick. Reminds me of the colombine shootings tbh. Innocent children being killed. Just awful. Definitely in my prayers. :(

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW. TAKE ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

But the thing with the laws is, either way criminals won't follow laws. I do think they should have to get like a certification and background check to get a gun.

And if a person is going to kill them self, why not just kill yourself instead of killing all those other people too? omfg

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

i live about an hour away from where it happened, and it really is devastating, honestly. i must've cried an hour straight, and wasn't myself the rest of the day. i'll give you guys some things about it, that i wrote and found. this might be triggering or disturbing, so warning. i'll put it in a spoiler.

things i wrote/wondered:

• i wonder how it all went down, did he put them in a line and make the others watch? did he just go crazy with it? im going to go read and cry and try to not stab myself out of desperation
  • today, just an hour away from my home, almost 30 people are now dead. i cant’ really think right now. i don’t know what to do. i go to a school that hasen’t switched over to a formal highschool setting yet, and i see little kids daily. i’ve become friends with them, their gorgeous little laughs, their cute smiles, their hugs that make my soul a little warmer. and my heart goes out to all the teachers, families, friends and everyone else who had the pleasure of witnessing a childrens world, and no longer can. i’m so sorry

things other people said:

• What breaks my heart is the thought of the parents of 18 children who have to go back to their empty homes and face the Christmas presents in their closets.

pictures

tumblr_mf1d6ew91k1rhht52o1_400.jpg

^the kids trying to get to safety

tumblr_mf1efzjJyn1rppjdoo1_400.jpg

^a women crying wondering if her sister who is a teacher is alive

tumblr_mf1eslLewT1rcnqkco1_400.jpg

^ a little boy wrote this while bleeding out..

but, you can help. even in a small way, i found out. click the link below.

Newtown Shooting Fund

Newtown School Shooting Donations

From the page:

At this time when most families are prearing to get in the holiday spirit and children are perhaps at their most excited; the peace of a small town in Connecticut was shattered this morning by the senseless massacre of 27 people including 18 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School. My name is Jonathan Joseph Ganjian, a local Connecticut non-profit consultant and Buddhist entrepreneur.

I am starting this campaign through my own organization Art of Dharma
and consultancy Jonathan Joseph Consulting. My business partner from art of dharma, Kyler Hamilton, and I hope that through our almost two million readers as well as the CT community which I have called home we can raise money for the victims of this senseless tragedy. AOD can also be found on at
and we will be updating through there.

These funds are to help with:

funeral costs

counseling

toys for the children surely traumatized by the event and…

if funding comes through above and beyond to establish a scholarhsip, college or memorial fund for survivors of the Sandy Hook Tragedy. Al further useage of the money subject to open public debate and discussion. We are a community, let’s act like it. An overwhelming response may promt the establishment of a gun-violence organization, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

ALL FUNDS WILL BE DIBURSED TO VICTIMS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE NEWTOWN COMMUNITY.

Other Ways You Can Help

Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:

PLEASE share this campaign with your FB friends and family.

Get the word out through your local business

If you are able to provide and services in kind for the families (food donations etc) please contact me via e-mail.

LOCAL VOLUNTEERS TO HANDLE THE CLERICAL SIDE OF THIS PROJECT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR AVAILAIBILITY. I WILL BE FREE AFTER 4 PM TODAY (FIRDAY DEC. 14) FOR COMMENTS, OUTREACH AND ANY AND ALL COLLABORATION.

Though I am from a few towns away, I cannot sit idly by and do nothing, please, join with me to help save the holiday spirit for my area; we are a small and close-knit communtiy which depends on each other; help me do my part.

Thank you,

Jonathan Joseph Ganjian and Kyler Hamilton

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

i live about an hour away from where it happened, and it really is devastating, honestly. i must've cried an hour straight, and wasn't myself the rest of the day. i'll give you guys some things about it, that i wrote and found. this might be triggering or disturbing, so warning. i'll put it in a spoiler.

things i wrote/wondered:

• i wonder how it all went down, did he put them in a line and make the others watch? did he just go crazy with it? im going to go read and cry and try to not stab myself out of desperation
  • today, just an hour away from my home, almost 30 people are now dead. i cant’ really think right now. i don’t know what to do. i go to a school that hasen’t switched over to a formal highschool setting yet, and i see little kids daily. i’ve become friends with them, their gorgeous little laughs, their cute smiles, their hugs that make my soul a little warmer. and my heart goes out to all the teachers, families, friends and everyone else who had the pleasure of witnessing a childrens world, and no longer can. i’m so sorry

things other people said:

• What breaks my heart is the thought of the parents of 18 children who have to go back to their empty homes and face the Christmas presents in their closets.

pictures

tumblr_mf1d6ew91k1rhht52o1_400.jpg

^the kids trying to get to safety

tumblr_mf1efzjJyn1rppjdoo1_400.jpg

^a women crying wondering if her sister who is a teacher is alive

tumblr_mf1eslLewT1rcnqkco1_400.jpg

^ a little boy wrote this while bleeding out..

but, you can help. even in a small way, i found out. click the link below.

Newtown Shooting Fund

Newtown School Shooting Donations

From the page:

At this time when most families are prearing to get in the holiday spirit and children are perhaps at their most excited; the peace of a small town in Connecticut was shattered this morning by the senseless massacre of 27 people including 18 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School. My name is Jonathan Joseph Ganjian, a local Connecticut non-profit consultant and Buddhist entrepreneur.

I am starting this campaign through my own organization Art of Dharma
and consultancy Jonathan Joseph Consulting. My business partner from art of dharma, Kyler Hamilton, and I hope that through our almost two million readers as well as the CT community which I have called home we can raise money for the victims of this senseless tragedy. AOD can also be found on at
and we will be updating through there.

These funds are to help with:

funeral costs

counseling

toys for the children surely traumatized by the event and…

if funding comes through above and beyond to establish a scholarhsip, college or memorial fund for survivors of the Sandy Hook Tragedy. Al further useage of the money subject to open public debate and discussion. We are a community, let’s act like it. An overwhelming response may promt the establishment of a gun-violence organization, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

ALL FUNDS WILL BE DIBURSED TO VICTIMS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE NEWTOWN COMMUNITY.

Other Ways You Can Help

Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:

PLEASE share this campaign with your FB friends and family.

Get the word out through your local business

If you are able to provide and services in kind for the families (food donations etc) please contact me via e-mail.

LOCAL VOLUNTEERS TO HANDLE THE CLERICAL SIDE OF THIS PROJECT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR AVAILAIBILITY. I WILL BE FREE AFTER 4 PM TODAY (FIRDAY DEC. 14) FOR COMMENTS, OUTREACH AND ANY AND ALL COLLABORATION.

Though I am from a few towns away, I cannot sit idly by and do nothing, please, join with me to help save the holiday spirit for my area; we are a small and close-knit communtiy which depends on each other; help me do my part.

Thank you,

Jonathan Joseph Ganjian and Kyler Hamilton

I'm pretty sure that letter is fake....I doubt they had time to write anything, much less be able to do it while bleeding out (there's not even blood on the letter) I honestly feel sick to my stomach thinking about a child being shot 11 TIMES?I just NO. This is making me want to cry again :(

If anything, this just adds to the many reasons why people should NOT be able to get a gun so easily. just what the fuck at that reform still being intact *fingers crossed obama does something about this*

I'm pretty sure that letter is fake....I doubt they had time to write anything, much less be able to do it while bleeding out (there's not even blood on the letter) I honestly feel sick to my stomach thinking about a child being shot 11 TIMES?I just NO. This is making me want to cry again :(

If anything, this just adds to the many reasons why people should NOT be able to get a gun so easily. just what the fuck at that reform still being intact *fingers crossed obama does something about this*

not sure on specifics but thats what i got , and it does get the message across

poor angels

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

I really really just cannot stand to see when something like this happens. People always jump on the "mental health" train. Then they use quotes from locals he was always weird etc. how is this an excuse, if this hasn't happened would te people still think he was unusual to such an extent. Clearly not. It really bothers me when people just can't accept that maybe he wanted to do this, he planned it. He wasn't a "victim", there weren't "voices in his head" he was a fucking sicko that fully intended to do this. To even see people on tumblr saying "RIP Adam Lanza" is just disgusting. Some people try so hard to come across in a certain way, they try to seem ~a bigger person~ and there is no room for that in a situation like this

And I also really find it absolutely disgusting how people have faked various letters and stories about this. I really do not believe that letter is legitimate

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Morgan Incest Freeman spilling that truth tea. :mariah:

http://www.examiner....hooting?cid=rss

I mean while I think most of what he said has merit, mental health and gun control are of equal importance. There is no reason why civilians should be able to purchase semi automatics

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I mean while I think most of what he said has merit, mental health and gun control are of equal importance. There is no reason why civilians should be able to purchase semi automatics

That I agree with, but this GUNS ARE BAD BAN DEM ALL kick people are going on is doing way too much. The incident in China proves if someone is dedicated enough, they don't need a gun to cause havoc.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

you know, everyone's saying about banning guns, right? well, it's not the gun that causes damage. and even if they're banned, people will still get them. i live near brighton and i can gaurentee that if i were to ask around, i could get a gun no problem and in england it's difficult to get a license.

4r9w86.jpg