Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

That's what I really want to point out though. I'm glad the song is capturing people's attention. I just have a feeling that if A&W was five minutes long with a cool outro that we know as the transition, people would be crying about another Chemtrails/Blue Banisters incoming. It's just glaringly obvious to me at this point. In my opinion, songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Banisters deserved similar respect to A&W. 

I agree, all those songs are masterpieces too. But I really don't think people's love for A&W is inauthentic or just because they like to bop to the ending. Like maybe the length and the second half are what gets people talking, but then they're captivated by the whole thing and recognize it for how strong it is. If anything, it may convince some of those people to dive deeper into Lana's work and discover songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, etc. I think this album in general is going to open a lot of people's eyes to Lana and she's going to be respected on a larger scale.

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I agree, all those songs are masterpieces too. But I really don't think people's love for A&W is inauthentic or just because they like to bop to the ending. Like maybe the length and the second half are what gets people talking, but then they're captivated by the whole thing and recognize it for how strong it is. If anything, it may convince some of those people to dive deeper into Lana's work and discover songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, etc. I think this album in general is going to open a lot of people's eyes to Lana and she's going to be respected on a larger scale.

For sure. Just want to clarify to everyone in this thread that I'm not insinuating any of your love for the track is inauthentic. Just thinking hypothetically about the possibility of a much more mellow reaction to the track if it was, say, 5 minutes long and more like Cinnamon Girl than the song as it is now. I love the track, it's super unique and well crafted, I just find the American Whore section to be the heart and soul of the song.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

For sure. Just want to clarify to everyone in this thread that I'm not insinuating any of your love for the track is inauthentic. Just thinking hypothetically about the possibility of a much more mellow reaction to the track if it was, say, 5 minutes long and more like Cinnamon Girl than the song as it is now. I love the track, it's super unique and well crafted, I just find the American Whore section to be the heart and soul of the song.

I know you're not talking about people here! I'm more so talking about non-Lana fans that are taking to the song. Two of my friends whenever I sent them Lana songs they're like "it's good" or "it's nice" and I know they never listen again, but both of them in the past few days of told me that they can't stop listening to A&W and they're obsessed, so I think the song is genuinely capturing people's attention outside of Lana's main fanbase, and I think that says a lot of about the nature of the song and how special it is :oprah:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I know you're not talking about people here! I'm more so talking about non-Lana fans that are taking to the song. Two of my friends whenever I sent them Lana songs they're like "it's good" or "it's nice" and I know they never listen again, but both of them in the past few days of told me that they can't stop listening to A&W and they're obsessed, so I think the song is genuinely capturing people's attention outside of Lana's main fanbase, and I think that says a lot of about the nature of the song and how special it is :oprah:

Love that for them!! I'm just a Chemtrails/Blue Banisters warrior, and truly hope they get their dues in a few years because there are a lot of gems on both :oprah:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

Love that for them!! I'm just a Chemtrails/Blue Banisters warrior, and truly hope they get their dues in a few years because there are a lot of gems on both :oprah:

Oh believe me, me too! I can't stand when people are like this is going to be her first true album since NFR!! Like what...Chemtrails and Blue Banisters are both essential albums, and I don't think Lana would be at a point to write a song like A&W without exploring what she did on the last two albums. Everything she does builds upon what comes before it. I don't doubt for a second that in the future all her albums will be regarded highly for their own unique contributions to her story.

Almost thirty days left...:oprah:

6 minutes ago, Del Norte County said:

i REALLY hope it's fake

5 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

What are you talking about? :awkney:

He supposedly received the album too soon. We should be alert and report anyone that is trying to leak something

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

:bebe: What

It's fake. Someone pretended they got sent the album. That part of the pre-release cycle! :oprah2:

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

It's fake. Someone pretended they got sent the album. That part of the pre-release cycle! :oprah2:

I hope so. It seems like they posted a snippet of a song- but there’s people pointing out that it’s a snippet from a poem of VBBOTG

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

:rip: they should have waited a week or two to make it more believable. An album accidentally getting shipped 5 weeks before release :rip: not happening!

Unfortunately when it comes to Lana’s i dont doubt anything. Remember how we already knew BB, AFFA and Hollywood way before she said that she was making a new album?

All I'm gonna say is that if Target accidentally ships my copy of the album on the original date it was going to be delivered, I'm not gonna complain :true:

imageproxy.jpg