ultrabanisters

London, UK @ BST Hyde Park - July 9th, 2023

Just got back from GnR. They played for 3hrs 😯. Imagine if Lana did that 😂❤️. I found the event reasonably well organised. There were massive queues though at the main merch stall. Less so for some of the t-shirt specific areas. A lot of waiting for some types of food. I had a Japanese Rice Bowl in the end, and a Chicken Wrap. Things weren’t cheap, but they never are at these events 🤷‍♂️.

7 hours ago, Blackcloud said:

Just got back from GnR. They played for 3hrs 😯. Imagine if Lana did that 😂❤️. I found the event reasonably well organised. There were massive queues though at the main merch stall. Less so for some of the t-shirt specific areas. A lot of waiting for some types of food. I had a Japanese Rice Bowl in the end, and a Chicken Wrap. Things weren’t cheap, but they never are at these events 🤷‍♂️.

Was the merch stand well stocked? I’m not going to be heading over to Hyde park until potentially 3 or 4 depending how long the signing takes.. but I really hope to get my hands on a cap lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

7 hours ago, Blackcloud said:

3 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Was the merch stand well stocked? I’m not going to be heading over to Hyde park until potentially 3 or 4 depending how long the signing takes.. but I really hope to get my hands on a cap lol

Do they sell Lana merch there? 

It was expensive watch it 

47 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I got to the park at around 2.45pm. There were already queues around the main merch stand, which is close to the West Gate. There is another large Merch area, that is on the other side of the venue, though that seemed to be more T-Shirts. I didn’t get any merch, but loads of people did. Some of this was tour and event specific. So people had GnR T-Shirts quoting the BST 2023 event. They were selling stuff right until the end. I really enjoyed the concert, Slash was pretty amazing on the guitar, and Axl is a bit croaky theses, but can still belt them out.

I take it you are going to see the Robster, at Rough Trade East. I thought about going, but it seemed a lot 🤔. I hope it goes great, I’m kinda regretting not signing up now 🤷‍♂️.

23 minutes ago, Blackcloud said:

I got to the park at around 2.45pm. There were already queues around the main merch stand, which is close to the West Gate. There is another large Merch area, that is on the other side of the venue, though that seemed to be more T-Shirts. I didn’t get any merch, but loads of people did. Some of this was tour and event specific. So people had GnR T-Shirts quoting the BST 2023 event. They were selling stuff right until the end. I really enjoyed the concert, Slash was pretty amazing on the guitar, and Axl is a bit croaky theses, but can still belt them out.

I take it you are going to see the Robster, at Rough Trade East. I thought about going, but it seemed a lot 🤔. I hope it goes great, I’m kinda regretting not signing up now 🤷‍♂️.

Oh we’re going in via west entrance, so I guess I’ll try and grab something when I first arrive (if there’s anything I want, I know they had the cap at MITA, so I’ll be happy with that.. especially after LDR village never delivered my ultraviolence cap :sadcore2:)

and I’m glad you enjoyed the show! 3 hours! More than you could wish for! You know we ain’t getting that for Lana!

Yeah going over to see Rob, I won’t get there until like 1.20/30 either so I’ll be at the end of the queue, so hoping it doesn’t take up too much of my time, just because I want a good view of the show and not sure what the viewing platform is like or what I can expect lol 

S0F1O.gif

18 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Oh we’re going in via west entrance, so I guess I’ll try and grab something when I first arrive (if there’s anything I want, I know they had the cap at MITA, so I’ll be happy with that.. especially after LDR village never delivered my ultraviolence cap :sadcore2:)

and I’m glad you enjoyed the show! 3 hours! More than you could wish for! You know we ain’t getting that for Lana!

Yeah going over to see Rob, I won’t get there until like 1.20/30 either so I’ll be at the end of the queue, so hoping it doesn’t take up too much of my time, just because I want a good view of the show and not sure what the viewing platform is like or what I can expect lol 

Oh. I was on the viewing platform. The view is really good I thought 👍. The chairs are in in two to three rows though. So it’s obviously best to be in the front ranks. I managed for GnR to get a really good pair of seats. There were also lots of staff around, and people came around selling drinks. I had three White Claws 😂. On the down side, the drinks were quite expensive, and my 5G was terrible.

I’m going with a different friend to Lana, and she isn’t as big a Lana fan as me 🤷‍♂️. So I’m not sure when I’m going to hit the venue. I guess it depends on the support acts too. 

Since you’re on the viewing platform too, we might bump into to each other. The place isn’t that big, might be nice to say hi 😎.

35 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

IMG-7925.jpg

My view yesterday as the start of the day.

Edited by Blackcloud
Double post.

7 minutes ago, Blackcloud said:

Oh. I was on the viewing platform. The view is really good I thought 👍. The chairs are in in two to three rows though. So it’s obviously best to be in the front ranks. I managed for GnR to get a really good pair of seats. There were also lots of staff around, and people came around selling drinks. I had three White Claws 😂. On the down side, the drinks were quite expensive, and my 5G was terrible.

I’m going with a different friend to Lana, and she isn’t as big a Lana fan as me 🤷‍♂️. So I’m not sure when I’m going to hit the venue. I guess it depends on the support acts too. 

Since you’re on the viewing platform too, we might bump into each other. The place isn’t that big, might be nice to say hi 😎.

Oh that’s good to hear! I know I heard the staff come round with drinks, it’s only upside of my husbands injury was the discounted tickets and no waiting at the bar haha!! My husband will be in a wheelchair for this event, so I’m not sure if he’ll end up being at back or what haha!

Did it start filling up quick from when you arrived for GNR? I was thinking it shouldn’t matter too much when I arrive as I suspect her set won’t start until well after 8 lol.. and as of right now I’m not expecting big support acts!

yes definitely! 

S0F1O.gif

And yup I’m fully expecting it to be very expensive.. especially being from the north :bebe:

I remember when I went 10 year ago or more, so I was only 17.. the pints were £6 and I thought they were extortionate.. I suppose they were at the time, you could get a pint up north for £2! Could only dream of a £6 pint these days haha!! I’ve set aside a silly amount of money for this event so I’m hoping I come back with money.. but you never know with London! Husband struggles to drink these days on the pain meds he’s on lol, so we might actually have a cheap night for once 

S0F1O.gif

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Oh that’s good to hear! I know I heard the staff come round with drinks, it’s only upside of my husbands injury was the discounted tickets and no waiting at the bar haha!! My husband will be in a wheelchair for this event, so I’m not sure if he’ll end up being at back or what haha!

Did it start filling up quick from when you arrived for GNR? I was thinking it shouldn’t matter too much when I arrive as I suspect her set won’t start until well after 8 lol.. and as of right now I’m not expecting big support acts!

yes definitely! 

Yeah. It will probably be Nikki Lane, I’m hoping for Weyes Blood maybe and Father John Misty 🤷‍♂️.

Sorry to hear about your husbands injury. Not to patronise, but if I’m around, I don’t mind lending some assistance if needed. The chairs are lined up two at a time, in rows. There’s lots of space for a chair to be moved aside to accommodate a wheelchair. So you can easily go in a front row. Your husband should be fine 😊.

There were some people before I came, and people drifted in throughout the day, by the time GnR started it was packed of course. I don’t know about the Lana dynamics. I wouldn’t leave it super late. Lana is a big draw 😯. You know what Lana fans are like 😂.

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

And yup I’m fully expecting it to be very expensive.. especially being from the north :bebe:

I remember when I went 10 year ago or more, so I was only 17.. the pints were £6 and I thought they were extortionate.. I suppose they were at the time, you could get a pint up north for £2! Could only dream of a £6 pint these days haha!! I’ve set aside a silly amount of money for this event so I’m hoping I come back with money.. but you never know with London! Husband struggles to drink these days on the pain meds he’s on lol, so we might actually have a cheap night for once 

Well, me and my friend are both Londoners, we are used to high prices! Yesterday, a White Claw was around £6.20. My Chicken Wrap was £12.50 😯. I’m sure you guys will be fine. If you need to ask anything about London, etc. I’m more then happy to help.

2 minutes ago, Blackcloud said:

Yeah. It will probably be Nikki Lane, I’m hoping for Weyes Blood maybe and Father John Misty 🤷‍♂️.

Sorry to hear about your husbands injury. Not to patronise, but if I’m around, I don’t mind lending some assistance if needed. The chairs are lined up two at a time, in rows. There’s lots of space for a chair to be moved aside to accommodate a wheelchair. So you can easily go in a front row. Your husband should be fine 😊.

There were some people before I came, and people drifted in throughout the day, by the time GnR started it was packed of course. I don’t know about the Lana dynamics. I wouldn’t leave it super late. Lana is a big draw 😯. You know what Lana fans are like 😂.

I wouldn’t be surprised at Rob either! Father John misty I think is a good possibility and I’d be happy with that!

and yes I’m dreading it a little! He’s usually on crutches because he doesn’t go anywhere, but there’s no avoiding walking in Hyde park, so he has to swallow his pride and get in the wheelchair, I’ll be sweating pushing him in the heat haha!

im hoping not too late, after signing I’ll probably drop bags in the hotel room and head straight over 

S0F1O.gif

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at Rob either! Father John misty I think is a good possibility and I’d be happy with that!

and yes I’m dreading it a little! He’s usually on crutches because he doesn’t go anywhere, but there’s no avoiding walking in Hyde park, so he has to swallow his pride and get in the wheelchair, I’ll be sweating pushing him in the heat haha!

im hoping not too late, after signing I’ll probably drop bags in the hotel room and head straight over 

Yeah. I’m sure you’ll find a nice space. Stuff in London is super expensive. Some relatives of mine, came to London from Australia a few months ago. The hotel prices….. 😯. They ended up spending half the time with a friend in Kent 🤷‍♂️. I think Father John Misty had definitely said he’s going to make an appearance 👍.

Could be super hot like you say, hopefully not the 40 degrees like expected, later on this month 🤔.