Tammy

Lizzy Grant Re-Release

Right now I can find many articles about the Lizzy Grant CD & its Re-Release. But these 'news' are from 2012 like this one: http://idolator.com/6156101/lana-del-rey-re-release-first-album-as-lizzy-grant

Does anybody know what really happened to the plan to re-release Lana's first album in late summer 2012? I listened to the songs and they are great. Would love to get it!

Thanks for your help!

When she reused Yayo the way she did, i assumed she'd changed her mind about the re release and decided to just re use certain songs instead. Who knows.

It would be silly -not- to release it IMO, people are going to download it regardless, she may as well try and make some money from it.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Am I the only one to think that these were speculated because yayo was on the paradise edition, which is from AKA?

She said she would: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16729651

The singer recently bought back the rights to the record, and says: "I'm re-releasing it, maybe in late summer."

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Maybe she just concluded she wouldn't release it all, but just release one song off it.

If she re-releases it, it wouldn't have yayo on it, unless it's classed as 'Yayo no.2" or something.

And plus it would be all re-recorded and everything with A-TL but it's perfect as it already is, but Lana didn't have 100% control of the vocals on the album, so she would change it til her preference is matched.

I get this feel that if it's released, it won't do well, reasons unknown, even though the album is fabulous.

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

It would be silly -not- to release it IMO, people are going to download it regardless, she may as well try and make some money from it.

Yeah, it's weird that it isn't even on iTunes. Seems like a lot of people (atleast on this forum) prefer LDRakaLG to BTD.

last.fm  

I think I'd prefer it if she just brought back a couple of songs on future albums. I'd rather have new stuff from her (including re-worked AKA songs which would be interesting) than AKA which I like being in the past with the whole Lizzy Grant era.

I don't think she'll re-release it. And I'm happy with that tbh even though it would be interesting if she did.

P.s. would this fit better in the Lana Thoughts section?

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I was looking forward to her re-releasing AKA when she first said it but to be honest, it's pointless. We all have it and have listened to it and everybody else that wants to, can. If she were to release it, she's probably re-record everything and it would take longer till we got new Lana songs. The only positive thing about a re-release would be having a physical copy and better quality tracks imo.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I was looking forward to her re-releasing AKA when she first said it but to be honest, it's pointless. We all have it and have listened to it and everybody else that wants to, can. If she were to release it, she's probably re-record everything and it would take longer till we got new Lana songs. The only positive thing about a re-release would be having a physical copy and better quality tracks imo.

I agree. I've always loved the thought of having a physical copy but at the end of the day there's so much physical Lana stuff you can buy it's not the end of the world.

But imagine AKA vinyls :airplease:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

The idea of her re-releasing the album is nice. But for the fans only.

How should this be marketed and promoted?

"The long lost first studio album by Lana Del Rey has surfaced. Get your copy of this desperate attempt to milk the Del Rey Cow now!"

I can't imagine the general public would be interested in this. And let's be honest: even the amount of fans actually paying for it is probably rather small since the album itself, and by now the MP3 converted iTunes files, has spread all over the internet.

If it gets released after all, I suppose it will be digital only which probably isn't what we want either.

Btw, does anyone here have the actual iTunes files from 2010? Somebody has to have them...

Btw, does anyone here have the actual iTunes files from 2010? Somebody has to have them...

We don't have the original M4A-files but we do have the converted MP3-files which have the identical quality features in 256 kbit/s.

The idea of her re-releasing the album is nice. But for the fans only.

How should this be marketed and promoted?

"The long lost first studio album by Lana Del Rey has surfaced. Get your copy of this desperate attempt to milk the Del Rey Cow now!"

They should release a pre-order thingy where only the people who pre-order it get it. And only for a limited time! 

last.fm  

I'd much rather like if she just puts some of the songs from ldr aka onto her new albums. And if she does, I'd really hope she wouldn't butcher them, like she did with yayo. Personally, I wouldn't want her to change them at all. But I know lots of younger 'fans' wouldn't probably be pleased with the songs. Ldr aka is very different from btd. And I know some people who would probably accuse her of being fake if they heard some songs off aka compared to btd. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

I actually quite like the idea of her redoing songs like "Queen of the Gas Station" in a more "Ride" fashion. Honestly, I'd love to see her redo: 
- Mermaid Motel
- Queen of the Gas Station
- Kill Kill

- Oh Say Can You See
- Pawn Shop Blues

There's nothing wrong with an artist going back and redoing there own songs.... Like... Regardless of if she were to do them or not- we'd always have the old versions to love and listen to. Redoing them can add whole new perspectives to the songs. And I'd love versions that were more honed to her current more cohesive and sophisticated sound.

yeah i said it.