Sign in to follow this  
cherryblossoms

Visuals You Get From Lana Songs

What are some visuals that pop up in your head to certain Lana songs or lyrics?

Here’s some of mine to start!

TNBAR verses

d108a34bde3e5f11b5cc661a0db6c9db9b6ec2a8
- The ambiance during the verses gives me a kinda mystical/hypnotic feeling. Like the deep introspection you feel while looking at the stars on a clear night.

Yosemite988def4abdcba22f2c9e907d041a56ce.gif

- Also hypnotic/introspective like BAR and reminds me of sitting around a bonfire and listening to stories with the above setting in mind. Kinda getting lost in your thoughts and zoning out while looking into the fire.

Black Bathing Suit intro

EoIw6g.gif

- The first few seconds of instrumental is giving me Children of the Corn/rural farm energy. It feels like it could be the background sound to a movie intro where there’s establishing shots of the exterior and the little things surrounding the farm.

Sad Girl intro

a918ca7d-ce2b-4389-994e-0592801a5f25.gif
- The intro instrumental always gave me a very Western and badass (?) sort of feel. People kicking open the doors of a saloon in slow motion always comes to mind.

SYTH (James Ford Demo)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cd7nq1cslsidpcjbrn

- Exactly the above. Paddling in the dark and seeing the ripples in the water from the moonlight.

SYTH (Patrick Warren Demo)

Title%20copy5097-1920x1080-8a0500f347a21

- This version kinda has an almost medieval feel to me for some reason :rip:

The sounds effects like the cymbal/gong (?) before the chorus, the church bell ding in the bridge and the harmonica/accordion makes me think of a joust or duel

Heroin bridge

404a389c7b85ec68cca8ecef4f5b9833_w200.gi
- Mostly the “oh, makes me feel like I can change” part. It’s such a satisfying climax to the buildup from the start of the bridge and an intense/shaky eclipse comes to mind visually.

LA Who Am I snippet lol

ba0c677ea45e9f8bb6b4a390974fb9de.gif

Cruel World's chorus is sooo suburban tornado imagery

H24R2w.gif

Norman Fucking Rockwell's outro always makes me think of Alice drowning in her own tears 

cry-alice-in-wonderland.gif

I picture Cherry being Lana going slutty mental in a motel :hype: 

28765394.gif

and ending with her setting it ablaze while she's inside :smile:

df4f1976fe06fdb994ceb7dfccf3b8f1.gif

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

i consider myself to have synesthesia and i just have a strong imagination to begin with, so i get a lot of visuals from lana's music :hair: 

oh say can you see - warm, sunny, summer day with vibrant green grass and a beautiful, bright blue sky, despite the fact that the lyrics obviously depict nighttime, however, OSCYS's demo is distinctly reminiscent of nighttime to me, specifically, a silent, summer night

pin up galore - i always picture something rural and desert-like whenever i listen to pin up galore

trash magic (demo 1) - pink/mauve sunset

trash magic (demo 2) - dark blue, darker purples, it feels oceanic to me

wayamaya - a beach, light and breezy, with hints of pastel colors, specifically pastel pink

heavy hitter - new york city, amusement parks, a fuchsia sunset

live forever - i get a color from that one, almost like a root beer sort of brown? 

strangelove - a desert road at nighttime

bentley - most certainly a nighttime song but when i really pay attention to the lyrics i can picture the bright blue sky, and somebody being at the shore, sort of dream-like, elusive, ominous

coca cola - light and happy, white sunshine at a coney island-like amusement park

dance for money - green and gold, almost static-y in a way

elvis - another song that seems like a root-beer kind of brown, i've noticed that nearly every song that feels brown is specifically like a root-beer sort of color (born to die would be another one of them)

methamphetamines - hard to describe, but somehow oceanic, like being on the beach on a day where the sky's blue yet it still appears dark and dreary outside, such a dreamy and elusive song in general

neon palmmm - silhouettes of palm trees, a vast assortment of colors, like a rainbow, sort of like a VHS recording?

i talk to jesus - a weird muted shade of blue-green, yet also gray, hints of different colors like red, purple, blue, also static-y

if i die young - pink/mauve, very dream-like

lust for life (demo 1) - a muted blue/gray color, spacey and otherwordly, like glaciers floating in the sky

pink champagne - like being outside during a summer afternoon, smokey, hazy air, pale yellow sunlight peeking through trees as the sun slowly begins to set, almost like the afternoon

transitioning into twilight on the fourth of july, or a day of a barbeque, something you'll remember and one day feel yearning and nostalgic for

dark paradise - weirdly enough, it's more light, and makes me think of a beach?

radio - also root-beer brown lol

ultraviolence - a warm, darker purple with hints of some sort of gold/bronze color

old money - seafoam green, interestingly

florida kilos - vibrant green, almost neon

freak - similar to wayamaya, light and breezy, with hints of pastel pink

bartender - green grass, blue sky, hills, rabbits hopping about, eerily quiet

yosemite - a cozy cabin belonging to two people in love deep into a forest filled with evergreen trees, cloudy sky

a&w - dark, murky red, dark green, and more static-y during the second half

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

14 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

H24R2w.gif

Norman Fucking Rockwell's outro always makes me think of Alice drowning in her own tears 

cry-alice-in-wonderland.gif

I picture Cherry being Lana going slutty mental in a motel :hype: 

28765394.gif

and ending with her setting it ablaze while she's inside :smile:

df4f1976fe06fdb994ceb7dfccf3b8f1.gif

Not while she’s inside LMAO. She’s never beating the I wish I was dead allegations I fear :defeated:

Though Cherry also makes me think of fire/burning!

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i consider myself to have synesthesia and i just have a strong imagination to begin with, so i get a lot of visuals from lana's music :hair: 

oh say can you see - warm, sunny, summer day with vibrant green grass and a beautiful, bright blue sky, despite the fact that the lyrics obviously depict nighttime, however, OSCYS's demo is distinctly reminiscent of nighttime to me, specifically, a silent, summer night

pin up galore - i always picture something rural and desert-like whenever i listen to pin up galore

trash magic (demo 1) - pink/mauve sunset

trash magic (demo 2) - dark blue, darker purples, it feels oceanic to me

wayamaya - a beach, light and breezy, with hints of pastel colors, specifically pastel pink

heavy hitter - new york city, amusement parks, a fuchsia sunset

live forever - i get a color from that one, almost like a root beer sort of brown? 

strangelove - a desert road at nighttime

bentley - most certainly a nighttime song but when i really pay attention to the lyrics i can picture the bright blue sky, and somebody being at the shore, sort of dream-like, elusive, ominous

coca cola - light and happy, white sunshine at a coney island-like amusement park

dance for money - green and gold, almost static-y in a way

elvis - another song that seems like a root-beer kind of brown, i've noticed that nearly every song that feels brown is specifically like a root-beer sort of color (born to die would be another one of them)

methamphetamines - hard to describe, but somehow oceanic, like being on the beach on a day where the sky's blue yet it still appears dark and dreary outside, such a dreamy and elusive song in general

neon palmmm - silhouettes of palm trees, a vast assortment of colors, like a rainbow, sort of like a VHS recording?

i talk to jesus - a weird muted shade of blue-green, yet also gray, hints of different colors like red, purple, blue, also static-y

if i die young - pink/mauve, very dream-like

lust for life (demo 1) - a muted blue/gray color, spacey and otherwordly, like glaciers floating in the sky

pink champagne - like being outside during a summer afternoon, smokey, hazy air, pale yellow sunlight peeking through trees as the sun slowly begins to set, almost like the afternoon

transitioning into twilight on the fourth of july, or a day of a barbeque, something you'll remember and one day feel yearning and nostalgic for

dark paradise - weirdly enough, it's more light, and makes me think of a beach?

radio - also root-beer brown lol

ultraviolence - a warm, darker purple with hints of some sort of gold/bronze color

old money - seafoam green, interestingly

florida kilos - vibrant green, almost neon

freak - similar to wayamaya, light and breezy, with hints of pastel pink

bartender - green grass, blue sky, hills, rabbits hopping about, eerily quiet

yosemite - a cozy cabin belonging to two people in love deep into a forest filled with evergreen trees, cloudy sky

a&w - dark, murky red, dark green, and more static-y during the second half

So interesting! What you described for Bartender, If I Die Young, LFL demo 1 and Neon Palm are much the exact vibes I get from those songs as well.

Radio being root bear brown though, I must pick your brain about that

FyBDV4vXsAAaiat.jpg

4 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

So interesting! What you described for Bartender, If I Die Young, LFL demo 1 and Neon Palm are much the exact vibes I get from those songs as well.

Radio being root bear brown though, I must pick your brain about that

FyBDV4vXsAAaiat.jpg

honestly i don't think i've listened to radio in a while so it may not exactly be that kind of brown, i feel like songs that sound like brown just remind me of soda for some reason? like a coca-cola or root-beer color... 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

“you’re cold as ice baby, but when you’re nice baby, you’re so amazing in every way”

d4u39m8-f8ce6d68-19c3-4e4f-8fe1-b43c34e3

”there are roses in between my thighs, fire that surrounds you”

tumblr_mgnkzzCqlX1qah35to1_500.gif

“white lines, pretty baby, tattoos. don't know what they mean, they're special just for you”

lana-del-rey-smoke.gif

mermaid motel

tumblr_p9niq54EDn1ux1hmfo2_500.gif

high by the beach 

IMG-8022.webp

lust for life demo 

IMG-8024.jpg

IMG-8030.jpg

st tropez

IMG-8028.jpg

every man gets his wish

IMG-8031.jpg

raise me up 

IMG-8033.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

On 12/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, pin up galore said:

H24R2w.gif

omg yes...Cruel World just always gives me suburban Florida/deep south during a hurricane--in the best way

44fa05ab42087db26ecf059d64ed3177.jpg

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

On 12/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, cherrytropico said:

“you’re cold as ice baby, but when you’re nice baby, you’re so amazing in every way”

d4u39m8-f8ce6d68-19c3-4e4f-8fe1-b43c34e3

”there are roses in between my thighs, fire that surrounds you”

tumblr_mgnkzzCqlX1qah35to1_500.gif

“white lines, pretty baby, tattoos. don't know what they mean, they're special just for you”

lana-del-rey-smoke.gif

mermaid motel

tumblr_p9niq54EDn1ux1hmfo2_500.gif

high by the beach 

IMG-8022.webp

lust for life demo 

IMG-8024.jpg

IMG-8030.jpg

st tropez

IMG-8028.jpg

every man gets his wish

IMG-8031.jpg

raise me up 

IMG-8033.jpg

Your vision! You really summed up the vibes of Freak, Florida Kilos, LFL demo and Raise Me Up perfectly to me.

Especially that slowmo shot of Lana going down under with Bradley to that Freak verse :defeated:

Ocean Blvd - A girl running down a hallway with mirrors all around, Kinda like an abandoned pool room? It's hard to explain, but it's all dark and eerie.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

In the woods somewhere, in the night, in the heart of the valley 

0382643309692aa522e4cb2effabc32e.jpg

In the Sweet North Country 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️