Sign in to follow this  
CatchTheBreeze

Deconstructing Lana Del Rey

I know this article is quite old (it's from January 2012) but I think it's an entertaining read for Lana fans and an essential read especially for all those Lana haters out there – "Deconstructing Lana Del Rey". Pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.spin.com/articles/deconstructing-lana-del-rey

"After a dinner meeting in Los Angeles last spring, he saw her kick a cab that cut her off as she was walking away. "She cursed out the cab. I saw her do it, but she didn't see me. She was very New York in her reaction. It was irreverent and funny. She epitomizes the loose-cannon star."

lmaoooo that's perfect

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I loved it, thanks for sharing.

I don't like how they said she "shelved" the 2010 album, though. They pointed it out as if she didn't want the tracks to be heard, when she said in interviews she is proud of it and even mentioned how all the tracks are out there on YouTube.

Wow, i hadn’t read this before and it’s one of the best pieces written on her, and from SPIN no less, who would’ve thought. Lots of good things said here, really pointing out a lot of the sexism which i think is at the root of a lot of the flak that she was receiving in late 2011/early 2012. The idea that someone as idiosyncratic and (truly) eccentric (not Gaga brand of theatrical, contrived “weirdness”) as her was constructed by a team of record label executives is totally absurd and beyond the realm of believability. How did that half-baked theory even get off the ground? 

I love this quote: "She has many different qualities that women in our culture aren't allowed to be, all at once, so people are trying to find the inauthentic one."

Also, "Bruce Springsteen in Miami"! Ha, i had never heard that one before. Oh, Lizzy. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein