Pin Up Paradise

Chuck Grant's Photography.

Hey, idk if this has been posted before but  :smokes2:

I am a keen photographer and I am doing it at school. I am also very interested in Chuck's photography not just because Lana's in some of it. Does anyone feel mutual to this or are you interested in photography and dislike Chuck's works? Also, some of Naomi Shon's work is cool :)

Thanks for reading.  :kiss:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

I like Chuck's photos, she chooses nice motifs, but I'm not that interested in photography.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

In reality I find the whole "photographer" thing and "good photograph" extremely pretentious. Like really, anybody can take a photo....

I only really cite photographers which always use interesting sets + lighting, eh Sølve Sundsbø

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Btw, does Rob pay for all of her living expenses? From what I've seen, she's leading a pretty fancy lifestyle for somebody who just graduated last year. All of the cameras, rent, Parsons, designer jewelry, handbags etc. etc. Do you think Lana pays for that or Rob? Because I can't really see her making that much money as a photographer.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't really like her work. Its all very basic. And yes how lita said she profiting like her sister from her rich father. That makes photography kind of un exciting. I think that Caroline has luck to have a sister like Lana.

I'm a photographer too. I think Chuck is very hit or miss. I've seen some really nice stuff from her but also some not so nice stuff. It's frustrating to go through her pictures and see photos of a Hasselblad (and i think i've seen a Mamiya too?) and pictures of her using one, but then all we see are pictures from her whatever DSLR she uses. I know she said on her tumblr that she switched entirely over to digital from film (medium format), i imagine to be able to work a bit faster, but i don't really like the results. Not that the medium itself makes the photographer. But it's weird, in general the quality of her work seems to be declining over time. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I'm a photographer too. I think Chuck is very hit or miss. I've seen some really nice stuff from her but also some not so nice stuff. It's frustrating to go through her pictures and see photos of a Hasselblad (and i think i've seen a Mamiya too?) and pictures of her using one, but then all we see are pictures from her whatever DSLR she uses. I know she said on her tumblr that she switched entirely over to digital from film (medium format), i imagine to be able to work a bit faster, but i don't really like the results. Not that that medium itself makes the photographer. But it's weird, in general the quality of her work seems to be declining over time. 

i'll admit, it kinda pisses me off when i see her using a Hasselblad and a Mamiya (daddy~). And yes, anyone can take a photo but a good photographer thinks of good ideas and knows where to go at the right times to get good photos. I do like Chuck's work but it's not amazing. and she used to use film? 

In reality I find the whole "photographer" thing and "good photograph" extremely pretentious. Like really, anybody can take a photo....

I only really cite photographers which always use interesting sets + lighting, eh Sølve Sundsbø

Anyone can do anything. The question is whether they can do it well or not. What is "pretentious" (extremely so) about the idea of a photographer or  a "good" photograph? What's the difference between this and a musician and a "good" song or anything else? 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Btw, does Rob pay for all of her living expenses? From what I've seen, she's leading a pretty fancy lifestyle for somebody who just graduated last year. All of the cameras, rent, Parsons, designer jewelry, handbags etc. etc. Do you think Lana pays for that or Rob? Because I can't really see her making that much money as a photographer.

what i wanna know is how she's friends with Keegan Allen  :smokes3:

are chuck and keegan dating or

I don't know, she hasn't posted any photos of them kissing or anything

It's too bad Maru's no longer here. She would shit all over this thread. :teehee:

are chuck and keegan dating or

tumblr_mfzo32tgv21r7olsjo1_250.gif

But it's weird, in general the quality of her work seems to be declining over time. 

Runs in the family. :troll:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Anyone can be a good photographer it just requires a lot of money. (Lighting and that)

I take pictures of things I find nice. It's usually in the summer, because it's bright.

Who actually knew who she was before Lana became famous?

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Anyone can be a good photographer it just requires a lot of money. (Lighting and that)

I'm not a photographer and even I know that you need to know the right techniques, you have to be creative, able to find interesting motifs, be able to edit etc.