Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, Mer said:

You could see the fear in her eyes when she announced Lasso knowing Beyoncé was going to beat her up if she outdid Cobwoy Carter :to wipe:

I don't understand why she would be concerned about this artist who has become a minor given their popularity on platforms like Spotify (yesterday it was more than double)

I just watched this Beyonce album, it's quite recent but doesn't have much impact anymore, I'll be careful not to comment on its quality, not being receptive to the little I've heard from this person

2 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

maybe now lana will release another video games collapse

Lana could genuinely release Video Games 2.0 and most of the members here would complain that it’s a snooze fest :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

well she did- and it’s called Sweet- y’all are not ready for that conversation though :agree:

Sweet is cute but I don’t think any song she releases now is ever gonna have the magic that video games has tbh. It really is a song that gives you nostalgia for a time you never experienced. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

well she did - and it's called Sweet - but you're not ready for that conversation :accept:

let's try anyway

I cannot in any way discuss the intrinsic quality of the piece (I am not competent in this area) nor the emotion that it provides (or not) to each person. 

The  criterion  that pushes me not to put them at the same level in an objective way (I admit to being a little pretentious) is the following

videogames mid 2011 had everything new to the ear (with the exception of rare initiates) voice , melody, method of telling a story (in fact the artist)

a contrario sweet was born in a context which could in no way create this form of astonishment especially because of certain connections, admittedly minimal, with wait for life (which I personally consider to be a song by lana)

my subjective part is that it ages like wine