Sign in to follow this  
Embach

Songs Where You Recognize Lana's Influence

Which are the songs where you can feel very strong Lana influence and impact that this song might've not existed without Lana. This can be about instrumental/production, melodies or lyrics!

url%5D

This, you wouldn't recognise it though really but the production is from little cut up and distorted parts of Summertime Sadness Remix so technically it wouldn't exist without Lana.

- Blue by Madison Beer (she’s a huge Lana fan so I’m sure of this) it reminds me of a darker Cherry 

- Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince by Taylor Swift 

This is so clear to me that she wanted this song to have Born To Die / Queen Of Disaster vibes in the production and lyrics. There’s even a good mashup on youtube of Miss Americana and Radio. Even the title is very Lana. 

- all-american bitch by Olivia Rodrigo 

I don’t like this song much but I do feel like she tried to channel Lana in the lyrics for her concept of an american bitch like “coca cola bottles that I only use to curl my hair” and of course the pwyc lyric reference. People say it’s try hard Lana but I don’t really see it that way.

- Melrose Meltdown by Suki Waterhouse, I feel a lot of Honeymoon or unreleased Born To Die vibes from this. The lyrics are very traditional sad girl Lana and using things like “diamonds and drug stores”. 

Also “I’m sat out on the balcony too sad to go to the party” is a page right out of Lana’s book 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

You can’t tell me she was listening to Art Deco/Serene Queen/High By the Beach when she made this 

also, this song gives very much Born to Die influence, from the eerie kind of ethereal-ness of the production to the big orchestral swell at the end 

Mariah the Scientist is GOD 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Lyrics of The Great War - “my knuckles were bruised like violets”, “you said i have to trust more freely but diesel was desire, you were playing with fire”, “crimson clover”. 

The melody/instrumental also sounds similar to Florida Kilos’ chorus + outro.

The “But every song's like gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair“
 part in Royals legit just lists motifs from Born To Die. 

A lot of Madison Beer’s songs have Lana influences, you can hear it throughout Life Support and Silence Between Songs. Tbh her music is like a combination of Ariana Grande and Lana, love it. 

Honey Gentry is def inspired by Lana – dreamgirl, heaven california, bleed honey, etc are very inspired by Lana’s singing, instrumentals, aesthetic, and lyrics. Also her homemade music videos give lizzy grant bc they’re made of vintage videos n films.

She even made a song to Rob’s ’setting sail on a distant horizon’ sjdjdk 

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER every artist mentioned here is an artist i listen to on a regular basis. none of this is hate. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ