That Venice Bitch

2024 US Presidential Election - Kamala Harris/Tim Walz vs. Donald Trump/JD Vance

@Mer @Dark Angel

Ok I HATE walce and I like walz, I'm just angry abt him not FUCKING RESPONDING TO VANCE OMG 

also I HATE calling "margreants" Aliens its so dehumanizing

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

LANA DEL REY: AURORA: CHARLIE XCX: MITSKI: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: FAYE WEBSTER: SOPHIE: MAYA HAWKE: FLEETWOOD MAC: AYESHA EROTICA: HALEY HENDERICKXS: BON IVOR: FKA TWIGS: GRIMES: BOYGENIUS: LUCY DACUS: ALLIE X

Idea to make the housing affordable: seize the homes owned by the banks and the landlords and redistribute them to the people who need them.

giphy.gif

Oh, "the people who deserve to be here"  oh! 

So only white people deserve "deserve to be here" oh! Oh ok!

and why do I have a bad feeling the "Federal land" is just more native land that has reservations on it

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

LANA DEL REY: AURORA: CHARLIE XCX: MITSKI: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: FAYE WEBSTER: SOPHIE: MAYA HAWKE: FLEETWOOD MAC: AYESHA EROTICA: HALEY HENDERICKXS: BON IVOR: FKA TWIGS: GRIMES: BOYGENIUS: LUCY DACUS: ALLIE X

Just now, baddisease said:

and why?

bc that is technically "comunism"  and would cause extreme issues in the housing market and could cause a monetary collapse 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

new idea for the affordability of medicines:

develop a state-owned corporation that produces affordable generic medications, including patented ones, and distributes them to people who make under a certain amount of money.

giphy.gif

"Obama care causing collapse" oh ok! Pop off queen the system that helped me pay for my insulin is causing extreme damage ok!

develop a state-owned corporation that produces affordable generic medications, including patented ones, and distributes them to people who make under a certain amount of money.

Who is gonna pay for that?

ALSO POP OFF QUEEN WALZ FOR SPEAKING ABT MEDRONIC 
(a insulin Pump company that helps keep insulin prices low)

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

And who's gonna pay for those patents/distribution/production costs? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, questionfortheculture said:

Who is gonna pay for that?

The same government that funds Israel and the war industry. If we put less money into the Pentagon and the military-industrial complex and put it into something like my suggestion, lives would be saved in more than one way.

Just now, Mer said:

And who's gonna pay for those patents/distribution/production costs? 

We spent $42 billion to develop a death machine (a jet fighter). We can pay for this.

giphy.gif

Pretty boring debate so far, but that’s not a bad thing. I don’t think it’s going to sway undecided voters much. 

Vance hasn’t come off quite as weird as he has in other recent appearances. Walz is well spoken, but has had a stumble or two. 

At least it’s mostly a civilized conversation. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

The same government that funds Israel and the war industry. If we put less money into the Pentagon and the military-industrial complex and put it into something like my suggestion, lives would be saved in more than one way.

sorry its giving un-educated 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

Just now, questionfortheculture said:

sorry its giving un-educated 

How? Can you give an actual counter-argument?

2 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Pretty boring debate so far, but that’s not a bad thing. I don’t think it’s going to sway undecided voters much. 

Vance hasn’t come off quite as weird as he has in other recent appearances. Walz is well spoken, but has had a stumble or two. 

At least it’s mostly a civilized conversation. 

It's been too long since we've had a debate that didn't have Trump trolling the entire time.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

That is a non-answer. It's a wonderfully rosey way to look at the budget, but the military budget wouldn't cover the cost of free medication, infrastructure, and production. And, the military-industrial complex (personal feelings aside) provides millions and millions of jobs - simply taking money away from them and reallocating them is nothing but a talking point. 

You would need to the find billions, if not trillions, of budget for free medication - and there's no way to stretch the existing budget, without tanking the economy, to find it. 

How? Can you give an actual counter-argument?

No, bc its not worth my time I was gonna type a whole essay but the xani hit 

:xgiggle:

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ juniper * ˚ ✦

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

That is a non-answer. It's a wonderfully rosey way to look at the budget, but the military budget wouldn't cover the cost of free medication, infrastructure, and production. And, the military-industrial complex (personal feelings aside) provides millions and millions of jobs - simply taking money away from them and reallocating them is nothing but a talking point. 

I didn't say "free medication". I said AFFORDABLE medication.

And honestly the MIC also kills tens of thousands of lives around the entire world, I struggle with wanting to preserve jobs in it in the face of that fact.. The infrastructure needed to establish this would create jobs, too.

giphy.gif

I didn't say "free medication". I said AFFORDABLE medication.

well then that's too vague, you want to invest trillions into cutting the cost of medication by a few dollars? You would tank the entire economy and put in place a disastrous healthcare plan