Sign in to follow this  
sportcruiser

Gatekeeping Lana?

Ok, this is only my second topic and again, don't know if this is the proper place to put it. Anywho, I've been having some issues with people lately.... I get irrationally upset and frustrated when I see that all of a sudden people are starting to like Lana because it's the cool thing to do. Literally overnight it seemed like my whole school developed a liking for her. Now I know that I sound 'hipster' and that I'm being totally ridiculous... but I need to know- does anyone else have this problem? And also, I need help..... bad. It's becoming a problem.

BOFd6zX.png

Don't be foolish. The more people who like Lana the better for her. She sells more records and tickets and merchandise and makes some money. If you really like Lana you want the best for her and let's face it. Selling more records is better for her. She most likely won't become the next Madonna or Lady Gaga so let her enjoy some financial success that comes with getting more popular. 

Some things are too good to not share. 

Don't be foolish. The more people who like Lana the better for her. She sells more records and tickets and merchandise and makes some money. If you really like Lana you want the best for her and let's face it. Selling more records is better for her. She most likely won't become the next Madonna or Lady Gaga so let her enjoy some financial success that comes with getting more popular. 

Some things are too good to not share. 

:wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2:

Well of course I want her to be successful and well known, but my problem lies with the people that only like her because it's the cool thing to do now (at least at my school). And the people I'm talking about are the same people that trash-talked her earlier on. It just... irritates me.

BOFd6zX.png

Lord, why do you even think about it? Just listen to some unreleased shit they'll never know about and feel speshil.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

lol there's like two people in a couple of my classes that know about her, one of them loves her music and the other one was like "Oh that's the girl who got the surgery done right???" like....I cant. 

If they're only liking her because its the "cool" thing to do then I'm sure they'll get over her soon. They seem like sheeps anyway. 

I love that all the peasants like Lana now, it's fun when they come talk to me about her. It's like they're trying real hard, and most of them don't even know any unreleased songs or any lyrics (besides Video Games, they all know that one).  :smokes2:

Y73CfAP.png

I love that all the peasants like Lana now, it's fun when they come talk to me about her. It's like they're trying real hard, and most of them don't even know any unreleased songs or any lyrics (besides Video Games, they all know that one).  :smokes2:

:lanasrs:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I see the problem. A girl in my class says she loooooves Lana, and then we started talking and she admitted only listening to born to die, didnt even listen to paradise, had never heard a demo. And she talked to me as if SHE was better than me! 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH so mad.  :pressed:

At night, disco goddess

it'll die down, don't worry. i first heard her in late july/early august 2011 (a friend from greece sent me some songs lol) but i don't act as if i'm the only lana del rey fan in the world. 

besides, if she gets more money, that's good. 

4r9w86.jpg

You mean the Lana bandwagon? The people who don't really like her will forget her soon so don't worry, but it is good that she is popular so she can make more albums. And the people who say " I knew about Lana way before everyone, I hate that she is popular now, etc" are ridiculous. Bandwagons always happen but if your fave has no fans you will be getting little to no music at all. And if you hate things that are popular, you should know that it is popular to hate popular things now.

:kiss:

EotAQlJ.jpg

as ata said once "LANA'S MUSIC IS A SECRET CLUB AND OTHER PEOPLE LIKING HER RUINS MY INDIE STREET CRED!!1"

Now I know that I sound 'hipster' and that I'm being totally ridiculous

Yes you do and yes you are.

And also, I need help..... bad. It's becoming a problem.

OK... I'm going to help you just this once. Here in the following spoiler are explicitly in-depth ways you can solve your problem.

sTOP

omg me 2 lana is such a secret 5 me!!! 

i've been mad since 2011 september cuz ppl started liking her  :( fucking ppl

I love you.

but I feel as though it's harder to love her when so many people like her too.

w-....wh-................................. WHY?????????????????????????????????1 :facepalm:

Honestly, I genuinely want to know. This beyond confounds me. Please explain why you feel this way. 

If it was up to me, she'd be a nobody with only her stans as fans :)

I'm really glad it's not up to you because that's an extremely selfish way of thinking. Seriously though - think about this: If she was a nobody, you probably would have never come across her or her music. So I really just :facepalm: idk.

Lana has worked so hard for such a long time and it irritates the shit out of me when I see people saying things like this. She is finally getting the recognition she deserves and then her "fans" turn around and say they wish she wasn't so famous so they can retain some kind of stupid "i liked it first so that makes me cool" complex. That is so disrespectful to her. She deserves the attention she's getting. She's worked for it. Stop thinking that way and just be happy for her. 

:wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2:

I feel u ata. They probably don't like the new Yayo either... :creep: :facepalm:

but my problem lies with the people that only like her because it's the cool thing to do now (at least at my school). And the people I'm talking about are the same people that trash-talked her earlier on. It just... irritates me.

Who cares though. You're fueling your own fire by letting this stupid shit bother you. If more people like her, great. That's an opportunity for you, as a stan, to make them stans like us. Tell them to check out the forum, or to go listen to more of her music. She's a trend right now and that's a good thing because it widens her audience of listeners. The people that like her because it's cool? Show them more Lana and I bet you a bunch of them will start liking her because she's so likable. Seriously. You can turn this "negative" situation into a positive one for yourself if you stop letting it bother you. 

14417469274.gif

I'm really glad it's not up to you because that's an extremely selfish way of thinking. Seriously though - think about this: If she was a nobody, you probably would have never come across her or her music. So I really just :facepalm: idk.

Lana has worked so hard for such a long time and it irritates the shit out of me when I see people saying things like this. She is finally getting the recognition she deserves and then her "fans" turn around and say they wish she wasn't so famous so they can retain some kind of stupid "i liked it first so that makes me cool" complex. That is so disrespectful to her. She deserves the attention she's getting. She's worked for it. Stop thinking that way and just be happy for her. 

I've actually never though about it like that, tbh. Thanks I guess?

I feel like such a turd now :suicide: 

I've actually never though about it like that, tbh. Thanks I guess?

I feel like such a turd now :suicide: 

You're welcome. :toofloppy: Glad it could help you think a bit differently. 

Sorry if that came off really rude, this topic just irritates me and I'm already quick with my temper, heh. 

14417469274.gif

You're welcome. :toofloppy: Glad it could help you think a bit differently. 

Sorry if that came off really rude, this topic just irritates me and I'm already quick with my temper, heh. 

Hahaha, I understand :)