Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

People are judging the guy too much about politics, he's probably just an average guy who isn't even that interested in politics and will vote for Trump as he'd just vote for any republican just cause thats his upbringing and what people he knows say or do and thats all he knows. Nobody has seen him say or give any opinions on anything to be talking about it that much.

Him and Lana maybe never even spoke about politics before as neither of them know or care about it just like most people.

be so fr.  'just like most people' politics is everything and if you marry a guy before discussing politics you're dumb.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

31 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Wild thought for you: people are more than their political beliefs.

To narrow a whole complex human being down to just this one aspect is an incredibly narrow-minded way of thinking.

29 minutes ago, Lana Del Dufrene said:

Clock it

once again y’all confusing politics with human rights. in an ideal world, that wouldn’t even be up for discussion. Unfortunately in the real world, right wing parties have always been associated with integralist propaganda, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia and an overall disinterest - when not downright hatred - towards minorities. Therefore no, they did not clock shi. The only narrow-minded way of thinking is that of someone who thinks that posting a trans person that was suggested to have been beat-up for using public women toilets can be brushed off as “wild thought: people are more than their political views”. Here’s a wild thought for you (if you’re part of the community): read the room, until she doesn’t clear this up, your fave would rather turn a blind eye to her husband suggesting he would beat the shit out of a trans person (and let me tell you we don’t even know what his views are on immigrants, gun control, abortion) than have her little house in the prairie white family life fantasy ruined. 

6 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

once again y’all confusing politics with human rights. in an ideal world, that wouldn’t even be up for discussion. Unfortunately in the real world, right wing parties have always been associated with integralist propaganda, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia and an overall disinterest - when not downright hatred - towards minorities. Therefore no, they did not clock shi. The only narrow-minded way of thinking is that of someone who thinks that posting a trans person that was suggested to have been beat-up for using public women toilets can be brushed off as “wild thought: people are more than their political views”. Here’s a wild thought for you (if you’re part of the community): read the room, until she doesn’t clear this up, your fave would rather turn a blind eye to her husband suggesting he would beat the shit out of a trans person (and let me tell you we don’t even know what his views are on immigrants, gun control, abortion) than have her little house in the prairie white family life fantasy ruined. 

Clock it

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

20 minutes ago, Barry said:

People are judging the guy too much about politics, he's probably just an average guy who isn't even that interested in politics and will vote for Trump as he'd just vote for any republican just cause thats his upbringing and what people he knows say or do and thats all he knows. Nobody has seen him say or give any opinions on anything to be talking about it that much.

Him and Lana maybe never even spoke about politics before as neither of them know or care about it just like most people.

Exusing the fact that anybody could vote for for a candidate that wants to take away rights frm Women, POC, and LGBTQ’s, the man literally posted on his Facebook that transgender women should get violently assaulted. Let me be very clear, that is NOT a political opinion as some of you like to put it. 

3 hours ago, Creyk said:

Wild thought for you: people are more than their political beliefs.

To narrow a whole complex human being down to just this one aspect is an incredibly narrow-minded way of thinking.

You're right, Jeremy is more than someone who believes in tax cuts for the wealthy, he also believes in beating the shit out of transwomen.

9 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

Lana's not my fav Taylor is... I just don't give a damn what lana does let her live her life for fucks sake

Edit: and just to clarify i don't agree with everything lana is doing regarding this BUT I feel demanding a divorce is just gonna anger the beast if you know what i mean

6 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

Bingo.

I really, truly hope Lana alters how this man thinks but knowing how Lana is, it's more likely she will think how he does.

This man is violently anti-trans and I am a trans person. I love Lana but if she starts supporting violence against me and mine? I don't have a problem with stopping my support.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Edelgard said:

be so fr.  'just like most people' politics is everything and if you marry a guy before discussing politics you're dumb.

I don't know I think the vast majority of people don't really know much about politics or have any interest in it, even like most people who vote I think just vote for who they think they like more but they don't actually know anything or have any interest to think enough about it and probably never speak about politics with anyone.

If most people were into politics nothing would be the way it is, people would never actually let things become the way they are. But probably only about 1-2% of people even have much interest in it and then the rest just go along with whatever others are saying.

In terms of peoples real interests they prefer loads of stuff to politics. For me it's only on twitter or the internet politics is a huge thing, off the internet more people are interested in 100 other things.

1 minute ago, Lana Del Dufrene said:

Lana's not my fav Taylor is... I just don't give a damn what lana does let her live her life for fucks sake

She's not a random person, she's a rich celebrity whose husband is a Trump supporter who outright supports violence against transgender people. She can live her life but we don't have to support her and we can criticize her.

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

She's not a random person, she's a rich celebrity whose husband is a Trump supporter who outright supports violence against transgender people. She can live her life but we don't have to support her and we can criticize her.

Exactly. I just don't think the people demanding a divorce is productive.

3 minutes ago, Lana Del Dufrene said:

I just don't give a damn what lana does let her live her life for fucks sake

you SHOULD give a damn when she MARRIES someone who supports violence, supports taking away human rights, and is against large minority groups that make up a lot of her fanbase, obviously demanding a divorce isn't productive, but we should still care about this and "give a damn"

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

you SHOULD give a damn when she MARRIES someone who supports violence, supports taking away human rights, and is against large minority groups that make up a lot of her fanbase

I'm just not that invested in someone's personal life that's all :)

Edit: please for the love god include my edits next time but I just i give a damn but maybe it's because I'm Canadian and don't have to deal with this that much but It's just not the first thing I'd think about

Edited by Lana Del Dufrene

Just now, Lana Del Dufrene said:

I'm just not that invested in someone's personal life that's all :)

it's not really personal when the person that she's marrying continuously and recently promotes hate out in public

the 'let her live her live' fallacy is annoying. if we would just let her live and not have an opinion on it, why is this forum even a thing. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

1 minute ago, Lana Del Dufrene said:

Exactly. I just don't think the people demanding a divorce is productive.

It probably isn't. But IMO she owes it to her fanbase to say *something* about the fact that her now-husband supports violence against a significant portion of said fanbase (queer people).

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

It probably isn't. But IMO she owes it to her fanbase to say *something* about the fact that her now-husband supports violence against a significant portion of said fanbase (queer people).

That i agree with.

Edit: also @baddisease apologies if I come across as insensitive that's really not my intent.

7 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

Exusing the fact that anybody could vote for for a candidate that wants to take away rights frm Women, POC, and LGBTQ’s, the man literally posted on his Facebook that transgender women should get violently assaulted. Let me be very clear, that is NOT a political opinion as some of you like to put it. 

I never knew he actually said anything, i've only seen people saying he liked things about Trump so I don't know what happened. That would be fair enough.

The other bit about voting for people who want to take away rights and stuff. In politics a lot of it is just nonsense as people/teams need to make big statements to get people to vote for them because they want to win for their ego and noteriety and whatever and that means everything comes down to talking about pointless stuff for votes. Im not sure how much things actually change for one person to the next, for me all that talk is just a big distraction to keep things the way they are. They want people arguing and worried about the other team instead of thinking all this is pointless and nothing ever gets done.

33 minutes ago, 79lipstick said:

If miss Peachy don’t clock that tea real good after this delay..:willcut:

Who's miss peachy ?

2.gif

I don’t know why people get so up and arms about criticizing a musician/artist that they love (or once loved :girlbye:)… especially if she’s laid up with a man who agrees that beating someone’s face into a swollen disfigured mess just for being trans is a-ok. 

lana is someone with influence and power… and when she starts spouting the same rhetoric her husband (even if she doesn’t, she’s still married to him and that says a lot… like a like a lot let’s not infantilize a grown woman pushing 40. im sure we all want her to be the best version of herself.)….well good luck! :suicide:

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif