Tartoes

Desperate housewives

i noticed there wasn't a thread about desperate housewives so i made this to:

Talk about desperate housewives, your favorite characters, scenes and anything desperate housewives related :oic2:

this show still serves CUNT and i love it. i'm rewatching it again :teehee:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Ok funny personal story regarding Desperate Housewives since it's fully linked to how I discovered Lana.

Back in 2012 when I was a 12 year old, my mom used to watch Desperate Housewives on a Spanish TV channel and I used to be around so I'd watch with her. I remember around March 2012 that Spanish TV channel started showing promos of Season 8 (final season) of Desperate Housewives. From what I've learnt along the years, this TV channel must have had some sort of partnership with Lana since they agreed to do a premiere of the Blue Jeans music video on their channel, they got a small clip of Lana saying she watches the channel and they agreed to use Born To Die as the soundtrack for the promos of Desperate Housewives. So I vividly remember being a 12 year old and watching the promos of Desperate Housewives with BTD playing and they'd also add clips from the Born To Die music video in between Desperate Housewives clips. At the time I had no idea who Lana was, but I was completely mesmerized by the music and these images of a beautiful woman with a flower crown sitting in a throne next to tigers in a grand church. I remember trying to find out who she was through the Internet and I couldn't find her anywhere. I remember watching random music videos on YouTube hoping I'd finally find Lana and I eventually gave up after spending quite a long time and not getting the results I hoped. It took me an entire year to feel this curiosity again when at an impersonation TV show they had a local singer impersonating Lana on TV singing Video Games with tiger eyes as the backdrop. I was mesmerized again and after searching her on YouTube I eventually came across Born To Die and found out she was the girl from the Desperate Housewives commercial.

If anyone is curious, I think these are the Desperate Housewives clips they used for that promo commercial (damn I didn't remember that green screen looking that poorly done):

There actually is a thread

But this is literally one of the best shows of all time, dare I say Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Twin Peaks level great. Everything about it was so perfect, the storyline, the setting and the acting. It never got boring (if so maybe season 7 was the weakest). This is also show I have rewatched the most, probably five times. There are so many people I know who love it as well! This literally paved a way for all those HBO (mini) drama series which have aired this past decade (for example Big Little Lies, which I also really loved, I saw the huge influence of DH there). Season 3 and 4 were my favorites and my favorite character was Bree (I also loved Gaby and Katherine) :diva:

2.gif

30 minutes ago, Embach said:

There actually is a thread

But this is literally one of the best shows of all time, dare I say Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Twin Peaks level great. Everything about it was so perfect, the storyline, the setting and the acting. It never got boring (if so maybe season 7 was the weakest). This is also show I have rewatched the most, probably five times. There are so many people I know who love it as well! This literally paved a way for all those HBO (mini) drama series which have aired this past decade (for example Big Little Lies, which I also really loved, I saw the huge influence of DH there). Season 3 and 4 were my favorites and my favorite character was Bree (I also loved Gaby and Katherine) :diva:

STOP THIS IS EMBARRASSING.. i couldn't find it omg :crying5:

33 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

Ok funny personal story regarding Desperate Housewives since it's fully linked to how I discovered Lana.

Back in 2012 when I was a 12 year old, my mom used to watch Desperate Housewives on a Spanish TV channel and I used to be around so I'd watch with her. I remember around March 2012 that Spanish TV channel started showing promos of Season 8 (final season) of Desperate Housewives. From what I've learnt along the years, this TV channel must have had some sort of partnership with Lana since they agreed to do a premiere of the Blue Jeans music video on their channel, they got a small clip of Lana saying she watches the channel and they agreed to use Born To Die as the soundtrack for the promos of Desperate Housewives. So I vividly remember being a 12 year old and watching the promos of Desperate Housewives with BTD playing and they'd also add clips from the Born To Die music video in between Desperate Housewives clips. At the time I had no idea who Lana was, but I was completely mesmerized by the music and these images of a beautiful woman with a flower crown sitting in a throne next to tigers in a grand church. I remember trying to find out who she was through the Internet and I couldn't find her anywhere. I remember watching random music videos on YouTube hoping I'd finally find Lana and I eventually gave up after spending quite a long time and not getting the results I hoped. It took me an entire year to feel this curiosity again when at an impersonation TV show they had a local singer impersonating Lana on TV singing Video Games with tiger eyes as the backdrop. I was mesmerized again and after searching her on YouTube I eventually came across Born To Die and found out she was the girl from the Desperate Housewives commercial.

If anyone is curious, I think these are the Desperate Housewives clips they used for that promo commercial (damn I didn't remember that green screen looking that poorly done):

omg this is actually so cute, did they really have tv promotions for btd?? and around the same era as desperate housewives too?? i'm a lil shocked

1 minute ago, Tartoes said:

STOP THIS IS EMBARRASSING.. i couldn't find it omg :crying5:

No it's alright, I have had difficulties finding threads as well. Since I'm a big fan of the show, someone had bumped this thread one year ago and I saw in the forum index and I instantly clicked on it lmao

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

No it's alright, I have had difficulties finding threads as well. Since I'm a big fan of the show, someone had bumped this thread one year ago and I saw in the forum index and I instantly clicked on it lmao

i can't believe the thread is like.. 10 years old omg i'm gen so embarrassed cuz i started this thread thinking there wasn't one after seeing the real housewives thread so i was like why not make one but then i find out there's a thread and its 10 YEARS OLD :trisha4:

Just now, audreysdance said:

One of my favourite shows and also one of the first one I saw, thanks to my mom! I absolutely love it, especially seasons 1-4 they're the best :legend: also, Edie Britt will always be my favourite woman there:tea:

real tbh i love edie, also did everyone get introduced to this show from their mom? like omg i remember watching it with her on cable and not understanding ANYTHING 

2 minutes ago, Tartoes said:

real tbh i love edie, also did everyone get introduced to this show from their mom? like omg i remember watching it with her on cable and not understanding ANYTHING 

I also used to watch it with my mom and didn't really understand anything...I barely remember anything either so im rewatching it now. But I loved watching it. The tornado episode on TV became like a core memory for me

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

3 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I also used to watch it with my mom and didn't really understand anything...I barely remember anything either so im rewatching it now. But I loved watching it. The tornado episode on TV became like a core memory for me

me too omg i'm also doing the exact same thing, i started rewatching it like 2 weeks ago and i'm loving it sm i shouldve rewatched it sooner :giggle:

I had no business watching this when I was 10 years old :trisha4: But honestly, now I understand the characters much better, I have seen it 5 times as well lol

2.gif

6 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

i REALLY want to watch this omg trying not to read spoilers on this thread but I'll def be watching sooonnnn

i totally recommend it, ur missing out just by not watching it rn

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

I had no business watching this when I was 10 years old :trisha4: But honestly, now I understand the characters much better, I have seen it 5 times as well lol

ur so real omg :lmao: even as i'm rewatching it rn idk how my mom let me watch this with her