Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Right? Like she looks OKAY in some pics, but in the majority of them hair looks a mess & she just doesn't look cute. 

Like how can someone say this 

looks better than this

Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-ThatGrapeJuic

143.png

I feel awful saying that, but she truly didn't look special as Lizzy Grant. I bet that most people wouldn't notice a girl like that passing them by.

Hipster Runoff's ( this site is shit, btw) description of Lizzy was spot on: "Meet Lizzy Grant. She had blonde hair, didn't look very 'alt sexy'. Sorta like a girl from my high school who was a part-time hostess at Chili's".

I'm glad that she has found her style, because she looks simply fabulous since the beginning of her LDR days. :godlaugh:

Young & Beautiful is pretty awful.

Cola and Yayo are above overrated.

The Paradise version of Yayo is the worst Lana song to exist.

Why do you think that Young and Beautiful is so bad? To me it's average, but not really awful per se. It's just Lana doing usual Lana things.

I agree about Cola and Yayo - except the tidbit about Paradise version. To me, one of her worst songs (if not the worst) is Summer of Sam - Yayo is sorta boring.

i am nothing and should be everything

Why do you think that Young and Beautiful is so bad? To me it's average, but not really awful per se. It's just Lana doing usual Lana things.

Well, maybe I don't think it's awful, but I could live without it.

Maybe because it's just boring. I think it's just so plain.

Well, maybe I don't think it's awful, but I could live without it.
Maybe because it's just boring. I think it's just so plain.

Oh, I see. I guess I can agree with that. I'm not a fan of the entire Paradise era... all the songs are lifeless and boring,

I think Lizzy does look better than Lana and if she went back to tha basics and went full on Lizzy again I'd be down :hottie:

I wish I could see what you people see in Lizzy's look. And I'm not being snarky or ironic - this is me being honest.
To me, she looked kinda cute, but also awkward and average :eek: Like one of thousands vocally talented girls who desperately want to make it, but never will.

• I love the Born to Die era the most

I hope the Ultraviolence photo shoot is shot by Nicole Nodland and the cover art looks just like Born to Die

I want her to go back to this look

I don't care whether she had something done or not, it's up to her

I hope for my sake she never becomes mainstream

I wish she started working with Woodkid again, the Born to Die and Blue Jeans videos are amazing

On Ultraviolence I want songs like: Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Diet Mountain Dew, You & Me, Ride, TV In Black & White, Black Beauty, Hollywood

The whole Paradise EP sounds really boring imo. Some songs sound somehow unfinished and more like demos I think.

I'm afraid that Ultraviolence won't be as good as Born To Die (hopefully I'm wrong).

I'm not a real fan of Lana's recent look.

(don't know if those are even unpopular opinions)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I feel so sad that the BTD era is ending. I feel like with Lana's changing look and sound, she's lost something epic that she had in BTD. It's hard to pinpoint when this happened. I know I'm not expressing myself too well because I don't even think that I can word what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying she should never change, but she's lost something intangible. I can't describe what it is. I don't find myself too crazy about her recently. She possessed a quality that made me want to see every picture of her, and made me think even the not-so-great looks were amazing. I wanted to hear every song and see every live performance, and even when her voice was shaky, I loved it all the same. She lost whatever "that" quality is. 

Zach - so far LDR has not let us down with the quality of her releases. Let's have some faith, ok? At least to me she seems to be pursuing an artistic agenda from Day 1. Now that particular agenda might have ended with Tropico or it might not have. But I can't wait to see where she'll take us next. 

• I love the Born to Die era the most
  • I hope the Ultraviolence photo shoot is shot by Nicole Nodland and the cover art looks just like Born to Die
  • I want her to go back to this look
  • I don't care whether she had something done or not, it's up to her
  • I hope for my sake she never becomes mainstream
  • I wish she started working with Woodkid again, the Born to Die and Blue Jeans videos are amazing
  • On Ultraviolence I want songs like: Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Diet Mountain Dew, You & Me, Ride, TV In Black & White, Black Beauty, Hollywood

Quoted for truth ! (especially about her look, I don't mind her black hair but to me she looks adorable and gorgeous with her light brown/red hair. Black makes her look like an unacessible vamp) But you forgot "Off to the Races" in your last point :D

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I think Black Beauty AFFA, Hollywood, Starry Eyed, JFK etc are different to Ultraviolence

Like they are the natural progression from Paradise, and Young and Beautiful fits quite well with them, but they don't scream Ultraviolence. I'm hoping she trashed the rest of that album because it leaked, and started fresh on Ultraviolence.

The name is either a reference to HDB or Clockwork Orange, none of which mesh with BB

I'm hoping she goes more of a Rock route like Is it Wrong?, True Love on the Side and Behind Closed Doors. That style feels ultraviolent. And the black hair and leather jacket fit the look right?

tbh we all know she dyed her hair black because Barrie likes his women Spanish, Dark , strong and proud.

I really liked Summerwine and would love for Lana and Barrie to do more stuff like that, just like side projects when they're bored.

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

Zach - so far LDR has not let us down with the quality of her releases. Let's have some faith, ok? At least to me she seems to be pursuing an artistic agenda from Day 1. Now that particular agenda might have ended with Tropico or it might not have. But I can't wait to see where she'll take us next. 

I do "have faith." You missed my point. And I personally think the quality of Paradise Edition isn't up to par with BTD - so speak for your own damn self.

I don't think that MDM is all that amazing. It's not bad, but it leaves me kinda cold. :pft:

I think that the lyrics are much more interesting than the slow, moody music. I'm not much into Lana singing that slow and moody.... :horror:

Well, I think the majority of fans agree that the demo version of Lolita totally defeats the album version.

I personally don't listen to Lucky Ones very often, I wouldn't have included it on Born To Die.

I also think that the demo of TIWMUG, with the different ending (lyrics instead of all the "hey"s) is better.

Tell me what you think.

yes agree with you!!  but for TIWMUG she should had sang faster, the instrumentals feel lagged/slowed (when its supposed to be fast paced) because of her voice for the album version

**I feel sorry for the album version of Dark Paradise, the Demo has more meaning lyrically and the instrumentals are way better 

**I HATE the photo-shoot she did with terry richardson hes is a ugly creep and her head looks very flat ---> this

**Lana should had rapped in Lolita and should had kept the instrumentals like it was in the Demos

**She should release St. Tropes as a single or in a EP and feature a male singer

**Radio is my fav. song and she should redo it vocally with more emotion

just some things that i noticed, but hey, you cant make everyone happy 

Guest Dot

I don't EVER listen to Video Games, Born to Die & Ride. I really don't care for them. I think they're basically the reason why people think Lana Del Rey is boring. A lot of her album tracks are much better than those 3 songs.

Guest Dot

I think Black Beauty AFFA, Hollywood, Starry Eyed, JFK etc are different to Ultraviolence

Like they are the natural progression from Paradise, and Young and Beautiful fits quite well with them, but they don't scream Ultraviolence. I'm hoping she trashed the rest of that album because it leaked, and started fresh on Ultraviolence.

The name is either a reference to HDB or Clockwork Orange, none of which mesh with BB

I'm hoping she goes more of a Rock route like Is it Wrong?, True Love on the Side and Behind Closed Doors. That style feels ultraviolent. And the black hair and leather jacket fit the look right?

tbh we all know she dyed her hair black because Barrie likes his women Spanish, Dark , strong and proud.

I really liked Summerwine and would love for Lana and Barrie to do more stuff like that, just like side projects when they're bored.

ULTRAVIOLENCE could mean anything.