Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I wish she'd do both age-restricted and not but I guess since that would mean she has to do 2+ concerts at each place then it won't happen. She doesn't like touring already and that kind of makes her concerts a commodity which makes the tickets sell better, she keeps her aura of mystery, etc. I think it would be so interesting to see exactly what crowd she would bring at a 21+ since its such a small fraction of her fanbase.

I also agree on DMD being often overlooked, but only with the demo production. I get such a quiet-night-in-the-big-city vibe, like she and the man are cursing through the streets at night or up in a penthouse overlooking the city, very luxurious kind of setting. There's so much going on in the album version that I don't even get a mental image for the song because my brain is overprocessing and that is probably the only Lana song that happens to me with.

I don't know if I'd say her quitting smoking is unpopular. Or that, despite wanting her to quit, she does look like a complete irresponsible badass when she does the smoking thing at the gas station in Ride.

To be on topic, here's another of my unpopular opinions: I don't know if its the flow of the song, melody, or what, but I just can not get into Black Beauty at all. I objectively recognize it is lyrically beautiful, but something about it is just off to me. I never get the urge to hear it and skip it half of the time. It just doesn't stand out at all and I'm genuinely sad about it.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

There are some demos that are better than the final version. I like the demo for For K Part 2 (aka Rehab) better than the final version. But I also hate some demos, like the one for Jump. Jump is so good productionally that I can't stand the demo.

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

What do you mean omg?

I think she's obviously super cute and pretty, but I just think some people overrate her beauty. There are a lot of beautiful people, Lana included, but I wouldn't say she's the most gorgeous woman ever, you know? Her looks vary, too. I think she looks better/worse depending on the day, how she's feeling, etc.

I think she's obviously super cute and pretty, but I just think some people overrate her beauty. There are a lot of beautiful people, Lana included, but I wouldn't say she's the most gorgeous woman ever, you know? Her looks vary, too. I think she looks better/worse depending on the day, how she's feeling, etc.

beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Some say Heidi Klum is the most beautiful woman on earth.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Electric Body, on 15 Sept 2014 - 2:15 PM, said:

[even though this video is pitched as hell]

Wow, I like that demo!! Aside from the "Joplin, Jimmy Page" lyric change, the vocals sound EXACTLY like what's on the final version of the "studio" recording (this version:
). The demo is a half step higher, but otherwise, sounds exactly alike. My ear tell ms (and it's a good ear) so -- the breaths are the same, the inflections are the same, and the pitches are the same (relative to the half-step difference, of course). I wonder if they used the demo's vocals for the final version as opposed to re-recording...

Wow, I like that demo!! Aside from the "Joplin, Jimmy Page" lyric change, the vocals sound EXACTLY like what's on the final version of the "studio" recording (this version:

). The demo is a half step higher, but otherwise, sounds exactly alike. My ear tell ms (and it's a good ear) so -- the breaths are the same, the inflections are the same, and the pitches are the same (relative to the half-step difference, of course). I wonder if they used the demo's vocals for the final version as opposed to re-recording...

It's basically higher ebcause the video is pitched in order not to have copyright problems. But I think you are right, even the unpitched version is way higher than the final one.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hate Flipside...

Same tbh I've listened to Flip side/Is this happiness a few times and I don't care for them BC they weren't included on the deluxe/normal edition of UV.There both boring and I'm glad she didn't put them on the album and just kept them for exclusives tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

• i'm really worried that somehow, lana's smoking will eventually have a negative effect on her voice, beauty, or health.

• i wish lana and lorde were at least somewhat friendly.

i have a sex/masturbation playlist, and lana has 8/21 songs on it   :thirst:

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!