Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Sirens is absolutely horrible and 80% of her past unreleased stuff is...blah.

Sirens is perfect! Most of the unreleased stuff is amazing. YOU MENTAL.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

This is not a rhetorical question, i'm asking sincerely: Would you consider Kahne and Haynie to be famous producers? Also, how do we know who she intended to hear the record? Hasn't she always desired fame? Do you think that if a label had come to her with a great deal to release Sirens that she wouldn't have taken it?

No, I'd never heard of them, but Lana has said multiple times that David Kahne is such a famous producer. I think it was like a demo to have something to put up on MySpace and give to a few people. She has always desired fame but I doubt she seriously believed she'd become famous with that kind of music. Sure, she would have taken it.

Where are there other singers besides that one phrase in the second and third choruses of Lolita? Also, i'm curious, is this gripe just a matter of personal preference or do you find some sort of fault with the presence of more than one singer?

I don't necessarily mean other singers but there's a lot of layering of voices. I don't think it's bad to have more singers but I think the album is generally too overproduced. There's just too much. That's why I like the live and acoustic versions better, they're more raw and I like that. But that really is personal preference.

But there's very-little-to-no (audible) A-T on BTD.

There's none on Sirens, I don't like Autotune at all.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Please keep it repressed in the future

Are you serious. The thread title is UNPOPULAR Lana Opinions. I don't like Sirens, so what? It's my unpopular opinion and i'm not bashing yours. Her newer stuff is WAAAY better. Sirens puts me to sleep. Her voice sounds nice but it's not her best.

I feel this strange need to redirect you to the thread dedicated to him.

i wrote it here because i think it's an unpopular opinion. nobody seems to like him here.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.