Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

OMG a few months ago my fat friend and i were driving around town and we hear VG blaring out of someones car, such a random song to play so loud with your windows down. Anyway, we pulled up next to the car at the traffic lights and it was these two Latino thugs, all tattoo'd up, wearing gold chains, listening to this slow dreamy ballad, my friend and i were like :toofloppy:

Oh god :toofloppy: Reminds me of one time when a big black guy drove by me in his flashy car and he was blasting Celine Dion at max volume

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

"all the lights mean nothing without you"

That line is just so stupid. Lights? Really?

I'm sorry, but "Baby, we're on fire" is a prettier and more descriptive line than "all the lights mean nothing without you" like, that is seriously more generic than any line in Lucky Ones.

14417469274.gif

You could take any line from Without You, and it wouldn't trump "I tried so hard to act nice like a lady, you taught me that it was good to be crazy." I mean, she fucking references Bruce Springsteen in that song, of course it is better than Without You.

14417469274.gif

Guest ♡MaruOopsy♡

Sirens > BTD > AKA

This is final. :what:

ERROR. ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID ALBUM ORDER.

MAKE YOUR SELECTION FROM THE OPTIONS BELOW.

AKA > SIRENS > BTD

SIRENS > AKA > BTD

AKA > SIRENS > BTD

SIRENS > AKA > BTD

oopsy!!!!!!! yo bitch my order is da bestest ;'))))))))))))

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

You could take any line from Without You, and it wouldn't trump "I tried so hard to act nice like a lady, you taught me that it was good to be crazy." I mean, she fucking references Bruce Springsteen in that song, of course it is better than Without You.

I hate that line but I love the way she sings it. It's a complex feeling.

But anyway, I actually like Born to Die in its entirety. Is that an unpopular opinion?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

AKA > SIRENS > BTD

SIRENS > AKA > BTD

AKA > life.

That line is just so stupid. Lights? Really?

I'm sorry, but "Baby, we're on fire" is a prettier and more descriptive line than "all the lights mean nothing without you" like, that is seriously more generic than any line in Lucky Ones.

Actually, "All my dreams and all the lights mean nothing without you" is pretty powerful, coming from the person/character of Lana Del Rey. Falling in love is to her, what immortality is to some. (See Last Girl on Earth.)

PrettyBaby has spoken :legend:

Lights equates to fame, stages, etc. Of course.

m2oe4.gif

PrettyBaby has spoken :legend:

Lights equates to fame, stages, etc. Of course.

m2oe4.gif

Lights is such a boring/poor word choice though. She could have used something better. I really don't dislike the song that much, it's just so boring to me now. The production lacks for me, too. There isn't enough piano in the album version during the chorus, and the demo is too much piano everywhere. If there were some kind of happy medium, I'd listen to the song and not slander it so much. It doesn't help that you're so mean to little Lucky Ones over there though, butthead.

14417469274.gif

Is there a HATE button i can click on for this wretched song (which i’ve still never been able to listen to all the way through). I love it when great things inspire the most horrid mediocrity. Erm, no offense to anyone who calls themselves a fan of Barenaked Ladiezzz.

but lana's not brian wilson is she? she's elizabeth woolridge grant.

But ‘twas a mere joke. They’ve got some similarities, though, let me tell you.

Hahahah~ no one seems to like it!

I love Radio! The live performances from November of 2011 or thereabouts and the demo (which is what those early live performances were based on) are great. I enjoy the demo more than the album version, i love the slight little country twang in the guitar of the chorus. The end build up is so nice, happy, and uplifting. It’s just a simple little catchy song.

OMG a few months ago my fat friend and i were driving around town and we hear VG blaring out of someones car, such a random song to play so loud with your windows down. Anyway, we pulled up next to the car at the traffic lights and it was these two Latino thugs, all tattoo'd up, wearing gold chains, listening to this slow dreamy ballad, my friend and i were like :toofloppy:

That is such a great image. I want to film that.

Generic horse shit.

Where can i buy a can of generic horse shit?

Sirens > BTD > AKA

This is final. :what:

With kind regards, you are insane.

I actually like Born to Die in its entirety. Is that an unpopular opinion?

I believe it is an unpopular opinion around here, but i, too, like it in its entirety. It took me a little time for that to happen though. And although i like the whole of BTD, i think AKA blows it away.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I love Radio! The live performances from November of 2011 or thereabouts and the demo (which is what those early live performances were based on) are great. I enjoy the demo more than the album version, i love the slight little country twang in the guitar of the chorus. The end build up is so nice, happy, and uplifting. It’s just a simple little catchy song.

Exactly! Live at The Jazz Cafe was exquisite, too. I loved it when she changed the lyrics up a bit at the iTunes Festival. Yeah the demo's such an easy listen but so perfect. The extra harmony before the chorus is so sweet. Lots of people dismiss Radio as boring or average, but in my opinion it's the best song on BTD. It's such an uplifting song but still has fairly meaningful lyrics.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Where can i buy a can of generic horse shit?

Well first, you see, you have to start playing Lucky Ones on repeat and on full volume. As that plays, you then burn your copy of AKA, whilst chanting "BTD is the best Lizzy album, BTD is the best Lizzy album" and doing the Electric Slide backwards. At this point, you put on a Native American headdress and do what Lana did during the bridge of the Ride music video. Then you hire a black man to portray one of the most famous presidents there ever was, sparking little to no controversy, of course, to chant with you. Once you've done all these things, the Teletubbies will arrive and start eating your copies of Sirens while you're still chanting "BTD is the best Lizzy album." After doing this for 37 minutes and 14 seconds, a can of Generic Horse Shit should appear on your doorstep. You can't actually buy one because they're very rare and Sitar just had to tease us all by insinuating that he has one. I hope OperationGaga doesn't hear about this, and I hope Sitar doesn't start giving us a review of what his can of Generic Horse Shit smells like. We'll have some pretty big forum problems then. Maybe it's best if we just threaten to kill each other instead.

14417469274.gif