Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just when I arrive to give Mermaid Motel small praise as a bop, I see Born to Legend slander.

Phags. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

No I'll praise Born to Die right now :defeated:

I like Born to Die, I listen to it all the time. It kind of upsets me when I see people say they don't listen to it anymore because all opinions should align with mine :P I certainly prefer AKA, and I prefer it by a lot...but I think it's kind of popular round these parts to say BTD is total shit and she can do better, but I really love, like...10/15 songs. Which is kind of a good score if you consider I like "Lolita" and "Diet Mountain Dew" in other forms. The only ones that I usually skip are Dark Paradise, Radio, and Lucky Ones. It's good on it's own merits.

It would do all of us a lot of good to stop wishing she'd recreate the magic she had on AKA. In short, she just doesn't want to, and her new stuff is magical in its own way.

Lucky Ones and Born to Die are the only ones from BTD I don't skip anymore. I've been playing AKA in its entirety on repeat for the past few weeks. There's just something magical about that album. The only one I don't care for is Jump, but even then, it's not that bad, just slightly annoying at times. Each song is different from the others, but they all seem to come together so nicely to make a wonderful album as a whole.

AKA > Probably Any Album Lana Will Ever Release

I am really liking what I've heard from Paradise, and I want to like it most, but I worry that it'll fade out over time for me like BTD has. There will probably be one or two gems from it that stand the test of time like Lucky Ones and Born to Die. Hopefully the whole album will do that though.

14417469274.gif

I can agree with this. Mostly because A$AP Rocky. However, Ride monologue > National Anthem Monologue.

Ride's monologue is much more personal, but still NA>>>

CsMu7.gif

Not sure whether your paying tribute to the final scene of Lana's best video or mocking it with her expression but either way National Anthem SLAYED my whole life.

H0bDaqU.gif

In my honest opinion:

Sirens>AKA>BTD

I think Sirens is her most personal "album." It wasn't recorded with some famous producer she was also sleeping with and it wasn't recorded for the entire world to hear. It's raw Lizzy/May. AKA is good, but there are quite a few songs I can gladly skip and I also prefer the demos of those songs. Born to Die is too...I'm not sure how to phrase it. There's too much production in it or something. I mean, there's Lana, more singers, fucking orchestras etc. etc. It's a little too much for me and it's also too Pop for me. I love Lana's voice and I actually want to hear that not some autotune-shit.

Videos:

Carmen>Video Games>Born to Die>Blue Jeans>Summertime Sadness>Ride>National Anthem

I have no fucking clue why everybody love the National Anthem video so much. I hate it.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think Sirens is her most personal "album." It wasn't recorded with some famous producer she was also sleeping with

How do you know she wasn't? :troll:

In all seriousness, since you're talking about albums here, this statement insinuates that she was sleeping with David Kahne or Emile Haynie, which I've seen zero evidence of.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

In all seriousness, since you're talking about albums here, this statement insinuates that she was sleeping with David Kahne or Emile Haynie, which I've seen zero evidence of.

That was only a little joke, but she did definitely make out with some record executive.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

And Dave is at least old enough to be her dad...lol

But her voice is the least developed on Sirens...

Well, it's just higher. She said she started singing in a deeper voice because people weren't taking her seriously. Maybe that's her true singing voice.

I think Sirens is her most personal "album." It wasn't recorded with some famous producer she was also sleeping with and it wasn't recorded for the entire world to hear.

This is not a rhetorical question, i'm asking sincerely: Would you consider Kahne and Haynie to be famous producers? Also, how do we know who she intended to hear the record? Hasn't she always desired fame? Do you think that if a label had come to her with a great deal to release Sirens that she wouldn't have taken it?

more singers

Where are there other singers besides that one phrase in the second and third choruses of Lolita? Also, i'm curious, is this gripe just a matter of personal preference or do you find some sort of fault with the presence of more than one singer?

I love Lana's voice and I actually want to hear that not some autotune-shit.

But there's very-little-to-no (audible) A-T on BTD.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein