Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

lust for life is her worst album (but it has 2 of her best songs: heroin + get free)

LFL gives me such mixed feelings because it has some of her best and worst work. On one hand, it has some tacky production (Coachella) and a few lazy songs (White Mustang tbh), but it also has an amazing message that blossoms well in the second half, with powerful songs like the ones you mentioned. So it's so hard for me to decide where to rank it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I love Heroin but I don't think it's the best thing she's done when there's songs like Ride, Cruel World, Honeymoon, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool... etc Don't kill me. :toofunny:

Maybe I'll love it a lot more in a year or two. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I would had really liked Honeymoon to be a visual album...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

I love Heroin but I don't think it's the best thing she's done when there's songs like Ride, Cruel World, Honeymoon, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool... etc Don't kill me. :toofunny:

that's still some amazing TASTE  :gclap:  :gclap:

Have you seen my first blog entry..because it's literally that 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I feel the same, but the hype over Heroin is because it's a song from the new album in some months everyone will be saying things like 'I hate this in the song', 'I hate the drug reference', 'it's a cringy song' and that bullshit. So, don't freak out. Some people on this forum don't have a solid decision.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Not even a visual album, just more visuals. Lana has always been an artist who's very obsessed with visuals and on honeymoon and lust for life she just got a little lazy. I hoping the tour set up will make up for her lack of visuals dedication the past two years.

Cherry is cute and fun but overrated af  :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Paradise>Honeymoon>Born to Die>Lust For Life>AKA=Sirens>Ultraviolence

At the end of the day though I feel like I should say I listen to Lana more than any other artist I listen to, she's literally the only artist I actively keep up (besides John Maus, and even that's a little iffy), and she's the only artist that I've bought her releases the day of release. I love ALL of Lana's albums you know, and I own them all (besides AKA and Sirens ofc). Whenever I talk about what projects Lana has done that are my least favorite, it always reminds me of how much I enjoy her art, and her art alone. It's like this video theneedledrop did were he reviewed this Death Grips album, and he complained a lot about it, but it at the end he still gave it an 8/10. This last part isn't really an unpopular opinion but a state meant I felt I wanted to make.  :creep:

GKIT is under appreciated and everytime people say 'iTs JUst RepiTiIToION UUuUGHHh' somehow forget how samey and repetitive so many of UV's songs were..literally Sad Girl, while it is a bop, is the worst offender of most everything bad about UV :toofunny: however it's not the worst on the album :hooker:

GKIT is under appreciated and everytime people say 'iTs JUst RepiTiIToION UUuUGHHh' somehow forget how samey and repetitive so many of UV's songs were..literally Sad Girl, while it is a bop, is the worst offender of most everything bad about UV :toofunny: however it's not the worst on the album :hooker:

I've always thought Lana does 'repetitive' songs a lot of justice, because of how much emotion she puts in her voice. I think Lana's less 'repetitive' songs are the tracks were she's vocally at her weakest. My favorite track by Lana is On Our Way hands down, but it's repetitive as hell; it's all in how she sings it. Lana has a very emotional voice. She might not be a 'powerhouse' singer, but she still has a lot emotion in her voice that's magic honestly. 

I've always thought Lana does 'repetitive' songs a lot of justice, because of how much emotion she puts in her voice. I think Lana's less 'repetitive' songs are the tracks were she's vocally at her weakest. My favorite track by Lana is On Our Way hands down, but it's repetitive as hell; it's all in how she sings it. Lana has a very emotional voice. She might not be a 'powerhouse' singer, but she still has a lot emotion in her voice that's magic honestly. 

i 100% agree with you, i didn't mean to make it like her being repetitive was a bad thing, it's just that GKIT gets the most shit while UV songs go by unscatched; while she's good with repetition in general i think she's at her best when she keeps the melody and base lyrics but diverts details, Cherry, GKIT, and OttR are incredble examples of this- how she moves along a chorus or makes it transform over the course of a song is great, or even songs with many parts repeated n overlayed like Change. songs like BPBP where it didn't really do that always kinda fall flat as she knows how to structure a song with many repeated parts imoo

Florida Kilos doesn't really fit in Ultraviolence and it sounds more like an unreleased song.....but it's still one of her best bops  :dance:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***