Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't get why people take In my feelings so seriously like it's obviously a funny track not some artistic masterpiece. I notice a lot of stans on tumblr always bring up IMF and are like 'lana is over she went mainstream blah blah' 'lana's lost her way she just can't make good music anymore'

They’re pretentious bores who can’t handle a fun messy bop

I don't get why people take In my feelings so seriously like it's obviously a funny track not some artistic masterpiece. I notice a lot of stans on tumblr always bring up IMF and are like 'lana is over she went mainstream blah blah' 'lana's lost her way she just can't make good music anymore'

And then those pretentious hipster stans go and listen to the totally-not-generic generic music aka Charlie Xbox, Father John Whiny, SZAburrido and Troye Sintalent

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

UMMM... this is the unpopular opinion thread, not the wrong opinion thread.   :byeh8rs2:  :judgingu3:  :lanahairflip2:

JK tho for real, I've noticed not a lot of people have very strong feelings about Paradise. It's usually always like 'yeah it's good'. Paradise is my favorite, but I rarely see strong opinions go either way about it being her best or worst. Wonder why?

I mean, it's fine, but I think that it's more of the same, you know? Bel Air is great, Cola, Body Electric, Ride and G&M too, but the other songs are really underwhelming :pft:  and I don't like the production too

UMMM... this is the unpopular opinion thread, not the wrong opinion thread. :byeh8rs2: :judgingu3: :lanahairflip2:

JK tho for real, I've noticed not a lot of people have very strong feelings about Paradise. It's usually always like 'yeah it's good'. Paradise is my favorite, but I rarely see strong opinions go either way about it being her best or worst. Wonder why?

I think Paradise is too dark on the wrong way. Honeymoon is very dark and I love it, but I only listen to Paradise when I’m angry with the world. It makes me feel worst instead of better (g&m, be, etc). But I really love American.

Paradise is her worst album :azealia:

you're not wrong tbh. it's overproduced & i hate the baroque sound they went for, most songs sound too same-y (the only truly memorable one is gods & monsters imo), and it includes the borefest that's bel air & that terrible re-recording of yayo. yeah, i'm not a fan lol.

Parade is my all time favorite and it kills me to see such slander.

Here's my personal opinion on the EP (haters look away) :glasses:

Personally I think Paradise is Lana's most daring and opulent sounding body of work yet. Each song is iconic and stands out. While there are some weaker songs on the EP (like American and Bel Air), it still remains a very strong EP with a strong aesthetic.

The strings bring out that rich, heavenly vision Lana wants to show us. She wants to take us to Paradise and I think she succeeded effortlessly.

At the time this EP was released, I think it wasn't all that common for artists to create a song which both includes a simple beat paired with complex string arrangements, so in my eyes, it was completely unique.

The lyrics are also very beautiful and real. In songs like 'Yayo' and 'Ride', Lana really goes all the way with getting her heartache across to the listener in an intimate way, something I think Honeymoon lyrics lack. Paradise had that dreamy fire which no other album has.

In my eyes, Paradise is gold and I will not stop from hyping it up. :scream:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Parade is my all time favorite and it kills me to see such slander.

Here's my personal opinion on the EP (haters look away) :glasses:

Personally I think Paradise is Lana's most daring and opulent sounding body of work yet. Each song is iconic and stands out. While there are some weaker songs on the EP (like American and Bel Air), it still remains a very strong EP with a strong aesthetic.

The strings bring out that rich, heavenly vision Lana wants to show us. She wants to take us to Paradise and I think she succeeded effortlessly.

At the time this EP was released, I think it wasn't all that common for artists to create a song which both includes a simple beat paired with complex string arrangements, so in my eyes, it was completely unique.

The lyrics are also very beautiful and real. In songs like 'Yayo' and 'Ride', Lana really goes all the way with getting her heartache across to the listener in an intimate way, something I think Honeymoon lyrics lack. Paradise had that dreamy fire which no other album has.

In my eyes, Paradise is gold and I will not stop from hyping it up. :scream:

My favorite part of Paradise is when in Ride she sings "been trying too hard with one pretty song" which I assume that song is Yayo. I just think the whole thing is so well thought out, and since there is only 8 tracks there's not a lot of room to mess up. I always get a feeling from Lana that the projects she's most proud of have been Paradise and Honeymoon. 

In My Feelings may be one of the most hated lfl songs (I always liked it still) but it really IS in my fucking feelings right now and poor Lana must be so angry and sad and 'I told you so' about the G-Eazy/Halsey coke situation. It fucking did all come back from the place that he came and he made that switch and Lana really did rise above the situation as mature, classy queen. I'm proud of her but I'm also lowkey crying for her right now.

And also I'm actually worried about Halsey. I know most of you on here probably want her to burn but I don't think anyone deserves to burn by being drug-fucked

https://twitter.com/2018_predict/status/947553288630792193?s=17